Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    That is awesome! Great to know there are still those who care.
    Thanks, Lynne!!!

What was that saying again? Oh yeah, "Every penny counts."
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Great! Sounds like you are going loaded for bear. LOL Old saying. He'll be impressed that you know what you're talking about.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great job, Ex_OC!!!

It is heartwarming to have Congress members respond to us as real people. When I wrote the last letter to them, I was amazed when one of the House members called me from the House floor before I was even finished getting all my emails out. You can also call them at home, they encourage this and post their home phone numbers for constituents. That's why Idaho is so great because we have a good group of people in our Congress. We should feel fortunate and continue to encourage them to keep up the good work. These people really listen!

I'm emailing them today on the ICAN legislation. Hopefully we can kill it before it sees daylight. Here's what I'm sending to them:

Dear

I understand that someone in our Idaho State Congress is trying to push a bill called ICAN to help the illegal alien students in this state get a higher education. We already have illegal aliens taking jobs that belong to the Idaho people, so it doesn’t make sense to further educate our uninvited guests so they can then take away the higher paying jobs. Our Idaho Congress needs to spend it’s time passing bills that benefit the legal residents of Idaho instead of thinking up ways to spend our tax dollars on people who are not even supposed to be in this country in the first place. This ICAN legislation should never see daylight.

Our Congress should be spending its time stiffening the immigration laws it has already passed. Although I believe the S.A.V.E. Act is a good thing, it will do little in this state to prevent illegal aliens from taking the jobs of rightful citizens. It is only a voluntary system that gives the employers the option to verify the legal status of their employees, or not. There is nothing to prevent them from continuing the practice of hiring illegal labor. To make this bill effective, it needs to be mandatory with follow up enforcement.

It’s apparent in our choices for our next President that we will be left vulnerable to more amnesty bills being introduced next year. Both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama have made it clear they will push for a pathway to citizenship for the millions of illegal aliens in this country. Senator Obama has stated that he will begin this process in his first year, and he will introduce a plan to broaden a guest worker program with provisions that pay the guest workers more wages than the American citizen doing the same job. Although Senator McCain has stated that he has “gotten the messageâ€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I need to move to Idaho.

UGH with Feinstein, and Boxer, and Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Wow EX-OC I'm so glad you are getting a response. After living in CA doesn't it make your heart feel good that you are actually getting a live response from a leader in your state. I'm so tired of the form letters as if they think it impresses me. What a joke.

Good for you. Are you going to the meeting. That will say a lot to him that you mean business.
    Yes, I am going to the meeting AND I'M DRAGGING MY HUSBAND TOO! LOL. (Since my Hubby is a retired firefighter, they get more attention esp since 9-11, and hey, I'm not above using my hubby's career to get what I want. LOL!!)

I printed out Oklahoma's HB 1804 (all 17 pages) and the fiscal impact (1 page) to hand to the Senator. I am going to do whatever I can to make it easier for him so that he doesn't have an excuse to ignore this.

I know, Gogo, I am so shocked that the senator responded to me in such an easygoing way, not the boilerplate way. Yes, I am sick of CA and nobody listening to me there. Pray for me tonite!!
    You go, girl, and make them listen to you. Good luck at the Town Hall meeting and let us all know how it went. We have a lot of faith in you and know you'll get their attention.

I need to move to Idaho.

I do feel for you "Gogo" but remember we do have Craig....but we do get to replace him this year Happy Dance!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I need to move to Idaho.

Okay, come on up. Just leave Boxer and Feinstein down there.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I need to move to Idaho.

Okay, come on up. Just leave Boxer and Feinstein down there.
    No problema! LOL

Hey two more votes for a real Senator. LOl

I just got an invite to subscribe to IDAHO UNIDO, an Idaho local newsletter for Hispanics that I did not know existed. It reports in both Spanish and English. This issue was mainly about La Raza's "hate campaign." The English translation is really rough. What I garnered is that they are doing a billboard campaign saying "Immigration is an American experience" and "Acceptance is an American value" and "I was a stranger and you welcomed me (Matthew 25:35"). HUH??? EXCUSE ME???

I had NO IDEA that there were so many Hispanics here in Idaho. Since I don't speak Spanish, I couldn't understand 3/4 of it!!

I think they sent me a free copy coz my last name is Spanish. I HATE MY LAST NAME!!! I am being racially profiled!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    I just got an invite to subscribe to IDAHO UNIDO, an Idaho local newsletter for Hispanics that I did not know existed. It reports in both Spanish and English. This issue was mainly about La Raza's "hate campaign." The English translation is really rough. What I garnered is that they are doing a billboard campaign saying "Immigration is an American experience" and "Acceptance is an American value" and "I was a stranger and you welcomed me (Matthew 25:35"). HUH??? EXCUSE ME???

I had NO IDEA that there were so many Hispanics here in Idaho. Since I don't speak Spanish, I couldn't understand 3/4 of it!!

I think they sent me a free copy coz my last name is Spanish. I HATE MY LAST NAME!!! I am being racially profiled!!
    How dare they racial profile you "EX"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast