Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

update

Looks like the Chicago Trib website is giving hourly updates. So far only about 300 have showed I believe. I will post it; read the part in bold. Telling, interesting...

Activists for illegal immigrants rally, march

Tribune staff report

July 19, 2006, 12:40 PM CDT

Police estimate between 3,000 and 5,000 are in the crowd. In contrast, several hundred thousand marched in May. A similar demonstration in March drew about 100,000.

12:37 p.m.: Keeping cool

City officials have precautions in place to help demonstrators withstand the heat.

Four Chicago Transit Authority air conditioned buses are parked along the parade route on Jackson Boulevard to act as cooling facilities, Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford said.

Also, four first aid stations have been erected along Jackson, and an air conditioned first aid tent is set up at Hutchinson Field in Grant Park for the rally.

One fire engine is parked at each first aid station, each with the ability to spray a cool mist of water over the passing marchers.

Firefighters are also equipped with misting nozzles that can be attached to fire hydrants to produce the same effect.

At least 10 ambulances are on standby and about 12 emergency medical technicians are at the ready along the route, Langford said.

As of 12:10 p.m. breezy conditions provided relief to temperatures in the 80s, and no medical incidents had been reported, Langford said. "The heat is rising though," he added.

12:14 p.m.: Parade begins

Marchers are leaving Union Park south on Ashland Avenue. At the front is a pickup truck ringing a bell while drumbeats follow behind. Most are waving American flags and signs that read, "No human being is illegal." The crowd is festive, but much more loosely organized than the May 1 march.

Nearly all are of Mexican descent, but several anti-war groups and others have brought supporters. There are also a smaller proportion of families than at the May 1 march.

Enrique Salazar headed down Ashland silently, alone and with no signs, but he said he still felt his voice was being heard. "I just want to do my part, add a little grain of sand to the cause," he said.

"It's necessary because we have to pressure our government. Without pressure there's nothing. We've seen that they are listening in Washington."

"This march is going to be smaller out of fear (of reprisals). It makes me sad because if we don't unite, we are nothing."

Note: I find it very promising that only 300 showed up. We have our voice, computer skills, telephone calls, ability to speak English, we can put even more pressure on the government.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We were watching the local newcasts this morning and the reporters were saying that the Irish illegals and other nationalities except for the mexicans were staying away from this one because the people of chicago are already pissed off enough and that the whole thing was overkill, likely to work against them.

I watched a lttle later and the reporter was then commenting on all of the trash left behind by the mexican marchers, as if that is unusual? Welcome to my world!

Overall, the whole thing was about as pathetic as their criminal cause.

Viva la Migra!
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

300 eh?

I have a sense that the tide is turning here folks. I do. The Marches in May by these groups did more harm than anything else and people are pissed off.

It's not secret, all the latest polls show that Americans feel the primary issue in this country is illegal immigration and that it needs to be dealth with.

To further go on this, all polls show that the LEGAL American Citizens in this country want the borders secure now, no amnesty and don't want illegals to get the same benefits as American citizens.

We ARE making a difference. The public is stepping up. Washington is going to have to listen. We, the people are going to make the difference.

I commend everyone here and elsewhere who are doing everything they can and more.

However, we MUST continue to apply the pressure. We must continue to voice our opinion. We need to continue to call, FAX, e-mail, write our officials, Senators, the White House to continue to show that Americans will not stand for:

-unsecure borders
    -Absolute ZERO amnesty for illegals
    -punish employeers heavily for hiring illegals
    -ZERO benefits for illegal immigrants.

Continue the fight! Don't stop! We can do it!!

"It's necessary because we have to pressure our government. Without pressure there's nothing. We've seen that they are listening in Washington."

"This march is going to be smaller out of fear (of reprisals). It makes me sad because if we don't unite, we are nothing."
    Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
    All the King's horses and all the King's men
    Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Nor could they get amnesty or a guest worker program.......so they all went home.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They cannot rally large groups as they know it makes the american citizens very angry. Also alot of them lost their jobs over the prior marches. This is a good thing.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think this doesn't even please President Bush. It pushes him against the wall in the sense that he gets into even more trouble with the American people and it shows the world how easy it has been for people to get into our country ILLEGALLY.

Keep marchin. Hup two three four !! Hup two three four !! Keep going your almost to the border.

Look !! There's your leader waiting to welcome you home !!

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/ ... SECTION=US

Luis Guttierez needs to renounce his American citizenship, post-haste.

He obviously has no vested interest in this country, except insofar as he can hasten its destruction.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

news

Whoa...I just did a quick look at the internet news sites; ABC, MSNBC, CNN, some newspapers (New York Times, Chicago Trib...) and I DID not see news of the Chicago march. Incredible, and surely not what the organizers hoped.

Curiously, when Lou Dobbs talked about the march he used the word 'massive.' The final Chicago Trib article mentioned an estimate of 10,000 marchers. The organizers claim 50,000. We'll see if it makes the news tomorrow.

But again it is very interesting how little coverage the march got. I will go to sleep happy now...

ZZZZZZZZZ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast