Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RE: Cable News Shows

The usual arrangement is as follows: Person has idea for show. Person produces three pilots. Person sells the show to a cable station. Person owns the intellectual rights. Contract with Cable Co. is for x number of minutes per show and x number of shows. Cables are interested in ratings since advertising is their source of income.Contract will surely have cancellation clause based on ratings.

I do not know Mr. Dobbs contract with CNN. I suspect that he owns Lou Dobbs Tonight. Judging from Mr. Dobbs commentary, I would suggest that CNN does not have editorial rights.

RE: Ted Turner He no longer owns CNN and he is no longer on the Board of Directors. When he began CNN, he did not control editorial content. He did not interfere with news content. He is a business person.
    His personal views are so far left that he bumps into Ron Paul. Program Managers preview new shows for purchase. Decisions are made as to bottom line. Content is less important.

A nightly news show is a marvelous platform for any potential candidate.It would be foolish to announce as a candidate too early and loose this outlet. . The candidate would have to sell the show or give equal time to all candidates.

I have no inside information as to the plans of Mr. Dobbs. I can only wish.

Re: An Independent party based on what Americans really WANT

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I am wondering why an Independent Party could not be organized around the factors that 80% or more of the American people agree on.
    1. Get out of NAFTA
    2. Get out of Iraq
    3. Change the trade agreements to "fair" rather than "free" trade
    4. No benefits for illegals
    5. Punish illegal employers
    6. build the fence
    7. English as the national language
    8. Proof of citizenship before voting
    9. Spend out taxes on creating jobs and our infrastructural needs

There are other things of course, but why are we not seeing a coalition around what Americans say they want? It's apart from one party or another. Wouldn't Americans want a president who wants what we want?
    Is ANYTHING being talked about--or we stuck with McCain, Hillary, or Obama?
    The problem is that many of the conservatives that oppose illegal immigration and unfair trade treaties are also supporting the war in Iraq.

This is why a solution and an end to the war is so critical as it is dividing our forces. (Once the Dems win the Presidential election and pull our troops out, illegal immigration will once again become the main issue that unites us.)

Oh, and by the way,
    The new party should be a populist party, not a libertarian/anarchist party.
    We need to run a candidate like Lou Dobbs or Pat Buchanan rather than Ron Paul.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Pat Buchanan

Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul are pretty much cut from the same cloth. So tired of the little snipes from some people about Ron Paul and their false information.

Re: Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul are pretty much cut from the same cloth. So tired of the little snipes from some people about Ron Paul and their false information.
    Wrong. Pat Buchanan is not a libertarian, and that's why I support him and oppose RP.

The best way is usually the shortest and most direct...to regain control of our Republic what we need to do is regain control of the Republican Party thats been lost.

The sad reality is this election is already done...we were outmanuvered by the Neo-Cons and Greed/Big Business first wing of the Party. They were able to split our vote up and take the nomination with less then 30% support, hardly a victory to celebrate but they still have the nomination.

Hopefully, the Neo-Cons and McCain get the c##p kicked out of them in November. If all who refuse to vote for McCain focus our votes somewhere else so its obvious that the election was lost solely due to the NeoCons foisting McCain upon the party. We all need to vote for someone not McCain or the Democrat so the Democrats don't have the ability to say they won with a mandate.

If they lose badly and its obvious why...We'll see the GOP forced to re-access, then take a new direction and focus while the neo-cons are tossed from power. I guess I'm hoping...by enduring another Carter it'll get us the next Reagan.

Thats what I'm thinking.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

IceChargerRT,
    Sound reasoning!
    I think the only alternative to the 2 national parties at this time is the Constitution Party. They have a nominating convention in April.

I just love how people get hung up on names. Democrat, republican, libertiarian. None of that metters to me, I just want a PRO AMERICAN candidate. One that recognises without the well being and overall concern of Americans first, there is no America worth having and all is for not.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Chexfive
    I just love how people get hung up on names. Democrat, republican, libertiarian. None of that metters to me, I just want a PRO AMERICAN candidate. One that recognises without the well being and overall concern of Americans first, there is no America worth having and all is for not.
    Sure, but many people cannot agree on what a PRO AMERICAN candidate would be like and what such a candidate's viewpoints would be on various issues.

John wrote:
    Sure, but many people cannot agree on what a PRO AMERICAN candidate would be like and what such a candidate's viewpoints would be on various issues.
    The way I do it is ...I see what candidate is Pro-American which means Americans come first, then America the country, after that is taken care of I'll look at other stuff. Part of the problem is everybody is waiting to see what everyone else is going to do and then base their opinion on that and that is why the mainstream media is so effective leading the sheep. Yes we are all part of the American football team and we should all be about team first, but after that we must throw to our own recievers that we feel can deliever the touchdown for our team. Different people like different recievers. Ultimately people have to do the research that satisfies them and then vote on their values and hopefully they will wade through all the BS and chose a "REAL" Pro-American candidate. When I say Pro-American, I mean Pro-American Citizen first since we are America, then country second since the country has been ripped from us, once American citizens are the focus then we can take the country back. People making a great living are obviously going to have differnt issues than I have because they probably don't see or live through what I am living through in the last 7 years. I'm in the same boat as Lone Protestor so right now I'm sorta pee'd at all this non sense going on in government and there are very few politicians I trust. Just my opinion.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Constitution Party Platform: www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast