Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Those camps aren't for "them", they're for us.

No way in hell would I want illegal immigrants to enlist.

First, you're going to hand this inexperienced, non-English speaking, non American-educated person with a shady past, perhaps even one of gang involvement, a gun at the taxpayer's expense? Train them in all military matters? Are any of them really going to WANT to be there? What happens if they get a bad attitude, and start to take it out on their fellow soldiers?

Are we going to have to provide translation services for them? With this crowd, you know the answer to that one.

And then what about the millions upon billions of social services we'd be doling out to the "family members?" Health care, housing, child care ... you name it. The military can barely take care of its own as it is.

People should serve out of loyalty and love of country. This group has neither of these qualities. Our military truly sets high standards for enlistees and we have a very capable and qualified force. They have to pass the ASVAB, have to meet certain physical requirements. It's not a guaranteed thing for anyone and there are standards. I simply doubt that many of these illegals could pass it mentally, physically, or morally.

Sure, if they want the chance to prove that they could, they could do it . .but no SPECIAL coddling. No translation services, no lowering of standards.

I could just see the liberal social experiments that would be done on the military using this group. Forget it -- we do not need this!

Can't you just see it?

DRILL INSTRUCTORS WANTED. MUST SPEAK SPANISH OR DON'T APPLY. THOSE DRILL INSTRUCTORS CURRENTLY AT WORK. THAT DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH, WILL BE DISCHARGED FROM THE MILIITARY AS OBSOLETE.

Quote Originally Posted by GS07
    Internment Camps, what a wonderful idea. The US did it to legal residents in WWII, why can't we do it to the illegal ones. There's a lot of desert in AZ, just fence it off and they can live in wooden barracks like the Japanese did. It would make for an outstanding deterrent.[/code]
    Don't forget that those Japanse were AMERICAN CITIZENS who lost everything!!!!

If the government would do that to them, what makes you think they wouldn't do it to the rest of us.

The problem here is how to separate the legal from the illegal. There are many wonderful legal immigrants in this country - I don't trust the government to differentiate.

It was FAR worse for the US citizens interned by the Japanese. The US citizens in internment camps in the Phillipines were systematically starved to death:

http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/reviewsw109.htm

Beatings of interned americans were common by the Japanese.

No one mentions how the Japanese treated the citizens THEY interned from other countries (Dutch, British and American).

The US eventually reimbursed it's Japanese citizens for what they lost.

BTW, there I know some veterans of WW2 who thought of the internment camps as protecting the Japanese-Americans AGAINST OTHER americans.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Internment Camps, what a wonderful idea. The US did it to legal residents in WWII, why can't we do it to the illegal ones. There's a lot of desert in AZ, just fence it off and they can live in wooden barracks like the Japanese did. It would make for an outstanding deterrent.[/code]

If the government would do that to them, what makes you think they wouldn't do it to the rest of us.

The problem here is how to separate the legal from the illegal. There are many wonderful legal immigrants in this country - I don't trust the government to differentiate.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I don't know if it is a new issue coming up - but there are illegals already in the military. The number I read was more than I am comfortable with.

Of course, letting foreigners into the military and thereby earning citizenship isn't new, but I don't think it was ever done on this scale before.
    They don't, as a matter of fact, let illegals in. You have to be here legally and it is a way of shortening the time it takes to earn your legal citizenship.

There's nothing wrong with that .

Tokie

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    It was FAR worse for the US citizens interned by the Japanese. The US citizens in internment camps in the Phillipines were systematically starved to death:

http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/reviewsw109.htm

Beatings of interned americans were common by the Japanese.

No one mentions how the Japanese treated the citizens THEY interned from other countries (Dutch, British and American).

The US eventually reimbursed it's Japanese citizens for what they lost.

BTW, there I know some veterans of WW2 who thought of the internment camps as protecting the Japanese-Americans AGAINST OTHER americans.

Remember that lots of American women and children were also taken prisoner by the Japanese and nearly all of them were raped, sodomized and otherwise bruatlized. The Japanese were especially brutal to American nuns and female Christian missionaires, taken special joy in raping them repeatedly.

Tokie

Yes, they were...and it's a shameful part of our history.

Now, however American citizens have become 2nd class citizens. Need proof? Go out and rape a 4 year old girl and see what happens to you...you will not get bail and bond out for a few thousand dollars, but the courts in our sanctuary cities routinely allow illegal aliens who commit heinous crimes to do just this (the guy who murdered those 3 college kids in Newark, for example). The fix is in. Judges and prosecutors have been given marching orders to get illegals out of their jails as soon as possible and to NOT infomre ICE that they have an illegal criminal in custody, either.

Why would they do that?

Tokie

MW
    JohnB wrote:

I'm retired from the military and unless something has changed since I researched this a few months ago, the US military does not knowingly take illegal aliens. They do take resident aliens (green card holders)
    You're absolutely 100% correct, JohnB. The U.S. Armed Forced do not recruit illegal immigrants. Every so often someone comes on here and starts these rumors about our military actively recruiting illegal immigrants. Furthermore, they will try to lead you to believe that our forces are stocked full of illegals. It's not true, and I wish folks would stop degrading our military by making such unfounded accusations based purely on hearsay. For those of you that think we're recruiting illegals into the military - let's see some evidence to substantiate your claim! Any recruiter caught falsifying documents, etc. to illegally enlist an illegal immigrant will pay for their folly. Trust me, no recruiter is LEGALLY recruiting illegal immigrants. I have that from a very reliable source (high in the chain-of-command) currently serving with a military recruiting command. I spent 6 years as an officer recruiter and still have connections in the know. JohnB is right, only those with green cards are eligible for enlistment. It's also a fact that military service will expedite "legal immigrants" citizenship.

Now, if the Dream Act is passed into law, illegals will then be able to join our military for their citizenship. That's just another reason why we can't let Sen. Durbin's Dream Act pass!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234