Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tex

I have one question if congress folds what we do then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex
    I have one question if congress folds what we do then?
    FOCUS on WINNING........and ONLY WINNING.

Eat the elephant ONE bite at a time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am so sick and tired of hearing about people who feel that they're entitled to something. I don't care who you are. If your in this country illegally. You're entitled to squat.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

bearpaw - that is funny. Squatting is exactly what they are doing and they what squatters rights.

Would somebody tell WHAT IN THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE ?!? Do you realize that Ireland has one of the HIGHEST standards of living in 2006 ?!!

What is going on here ?! PERHAPS IT IS US WHO SHOULD BE GOING TO IRELAND ILLEGALLY.

Get lost Mr. Ireland. And Yea, I'm of Irish decent. And I say get the heck out of here if you are ILLEGAL. GO !!

There are no pots of gold here, try Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Would somebody tell WHAT IN THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE ?!? Do you realize that Ireland has one of the HIGHEST standards of living in 2006 ?!!

What is going on here ?! PERHAPS IT IS US WHO SHOULD BE GOING TO IRELAND ILLEGALLY.

Get lost Mr. Ireland. And Yea, I'm of Irish decent. And I say get the heck out of here if you are ILLEGAL. GO !!

There are no pots of gold here, try Mexico.
    The Irish economic boom is very recent {past couple of years.} We helped quite a bit with outsourcing, etc. and their market took off. The new Tech revolution hit Ireland. Gee, and we're importing Techs from 3rd world countries........Visas anyone?

undocumented Irish were “entitled” to
    They are entitled to follow the same rules and regulations and to pay the same fees and prices for goods, housing, and services that we do.

Here's where they're gettin' it:

http://www.irishabroad.com/news/iris...Hill240506.asp

The Irish Back on Capitol Hill
    By Georgina Brennan

BIRDS chirped as the bus fired up last Wednesday morning in Yonkers before the crack of dawn. Bleary eyed after only a few hours sleep, the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform (ILIR) volunteers were shivering on McLean Avenue in Yonkers as Eileen’s Country Kitchen provided warm coffee.

Another day in Washington to lobby the last of the Senate that the Irish had not conquered back in March beckoned, and they were raring to go.

“I’m so excited,” said 10-year-old Shauna Henchy as she bundled into the bus to find a comfortable seat. Her mother Joan had missed the first ILIR day in Washington and was determined to make up for it.

“I think it’s important for her to go,” Joan said, nodding as Shauna found a book to pass the five-hour drive south.

Sixty chosen ILIR volunteers were asked to go to Washington, D.C. as part of the lobby day hosted by the “We Are America” Alliance, a loose coalition of the nation’s biggest pro-immigrant groups.

The visit came in the week that the Senate took up immigration again, just days after President George W. Bush’s prime time speech calling for reform.

“We’re targeting 100 representatives — we’ll be knocking on people’s doors,” said Kelly Fincham, executive director of ILIR, as she doled out information to arriving delegates. “We have delegations from New York, New Jersey, Rockland County, Florida, California, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and Connecticut. Everyone is very motivated.”

So motivated were some they were arming themselves with the now hot property “Legalize the Irish.org” t-shirts and planning another day of lobbying before the first had even begun.

“The first time we came to Washington they saw us, the second time they remembered us, the next time they will own the t-shirt,” said Seamus Ryan, 37, who has been attending the ILIR events since the very beginning.

The Senate is scheduled to vote this week on the reform of U.S. immigration law that could regularize millions of the undocumented, including the estimated 50,000 Irish. The ILIR visit to Capitol Hill last week was targeted specifically at boosting support for the Senate compromise bill named after the Republican senators who negotiated its key legalization provisions, Chuck Hagel of Nebraska and Mel Martinez of Florida, and prevent any amendments getting through that would drop a poison pill on legalization.

So important was this week in the Senate that schoolteacher Geraldine O’Brien, 26, whose mother hails from Roscommon and father from Mayo, took a personal day to travel to Washington.

“I get two personal days in the year, St. Patrick’s Day and now today,” said the Bellmore, Long Island special ed teacher.

“I have so many friends in this (undocumented) situation, and family at home in Ireland who would love to come out here legally,” she added.

“The payback for me coming to Washington is also good. I teach my 11th grade U.S. history and government, it’s part of their curriculum for this year. They are on immigration right now so they had to watch President Bush’s speech and make comments on it. So I came to help the cause and see the government in action so I can tell them about it.”

In the ILIR meeting room in the Holiday Inn last Wednesday morning, the Irish group were fired up.

“This will all be done on July Fourth, that is what we are hearing, so you are coming here at a critical time,” said ILIR Vice Chairman Ciaran Staunton.

“Irish Americans are now deciding how to vote in November and immigration is a key issue,” said ILIR founder and Chairman Niall O’Dowd as he discussed talking points with the delegates.

“They said it will be tough, but we can do it,” added Staunton.

Politicians on the Hill were in agreement. As the Irish disbanded to their chosen buildings, politicians and staffers everywhere were smiling as they saw the familiar white and green t-shirts. “Everybody on Capitol Hill is wondering how to get those t-shirts,” whispered one staffer.

Some of the volunteers handed out the t-shirts as they walked into the offices of key senators and representatives on the Hill. “It was like Christmas to them,” commented one delegate from Philadelphia.

One delegate, Tom Woodlock, even removed his to give to a police officer who asked about buying it.

“I saw them the last time and I just could die for one,” said the cop as Woodlock beamed. It was a reaction the Irish lobbyists got everywhere.

“The Irish are showing these guys that U.S. immigration reform will affect every country in the world. And they have really played a role in making a lot of congressmen realize they did not know what they passed in the Sensenbrenner (House) bill and now are looking for a second chance at immigration,” said Steve Taylor, chief counsel for Senator Chuck Hagel, a prime sponsor of the Senate bill.

In fact, Taylor said the Irish could be the key to not only getting the compromise bill passed in the Senate but had the possibility of influencing the House/Senate conference also.

Senator John McCain, whose family hails from Scotland and Ireland as far back as the 1700s, said the ILIR rally on Capitol Hill on March 8 March did something nobody thought possible.

“You changed five senator’s minds,” he smiled.

McCain spent almost an hour with the ILIR delegation last Wednesday, an extraordinary amount of time for a very busy man, during which he discussed the immigration bill, his trips to Ireland, the economy there and his love for the writings of William Trevor and Roddy Doyle.

With a full day’s work behind them the Irish teams dispatched around the last of the offices, mingling with groups from Mexico, Guatemala, Senegal and China.

“You Irish are really helping us in this fight,” said a woman from the Latino Union. “Everywhere we go, they say they don’t want Mexicans, like they are the only ones working illegally in the U.S., but look at you, look at all the other nationalities. This is everyone. It’s great to see you here,” she said as she clapped the backs of the t-shirt wearers.

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa also came over to offer support. “You Irish are very important in this battle,” he told the ILIR California delegation.

Meanwhile, over inside the Senate building, five ILIR volunteers and Fincham sat to watch the amendment votes.

In a contentious week, the Senate voted to build a triple-layered fence on the Mexican border, reduce the number of temporary workers allowed in the U.S. and make English the national language.

“Its amazing to see how it all works,” said ILIR volunteer Brian Hughes as he spotted Senator Edward Kennedy calling by to say hello to McCain. Both senators authored the base bill before the Senate.

Back at the Holiday Inn for the wrap up rally Brian McKenna, who led a delegation into Congress, said everyone they met wanted border security first, then comprehensive reform.

“But they were all positive,” he said.

Congressman Ander Crenshaw went even further with his enthusiasm. “I’m going to make sure there is a shamrock on this legislation,” he told the Florida delegation.

Echoing the positive feedback the Irish delegations were getting, Celine Kennelly, executive director for the Irish Immigration Pastoral Center in San Francisco, said their message was clear, immigration reform had to happen now.

“If we don’t do it now, it will just be let go,” she said.

Matt Reilly, who led the Rockland delegation, said his meeting with Congress-man James Sensenbrenner forecast snow. “It was a very cold reception,” said Reilly. Sensenbrenner is the chief voice in the no-amnesty camp in the House.

Despite a few opposing voices, ILIR reported as good if not better a day than in March because so many politicians already knew their message before they arrived.

“In the next month there is going to be a conference on this and we need to flood the place. We need to bring people to DC again, but we need $75,000 to do it. This is a labor of love for our survival, but it costs money. We are going to finish the job. Let history show we were the generation that did not stand idly by,” O’Dowd said.

“We are going to ask our community to turn out in June. We need the biggest mobilization of Irish America ever. There will be no more important day in the lives of those who want to stay in America,” Staunton said.

The Catalpa bar in Woodlawn is running a Legalize the Irish beer Night on Saturday, June 3. All drinks will be $5 and all proceeds (tips included) will go to the fundraising campaign. There will be live bands and the bar will also run a raffle on the night.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All of the illegals and their followers keep pushing the economics of the issue. They seem to care only about the economic impact they have made on our country. They tell us how much they "contribute" to America's economy. But the truth is: their economic impact is a NEGATIVE one.

Anytime I heard these guys talking about their "economic impact" on the country, I know they are LIARS. They care nothing about morals, ethics, rule of law, our AMERICAN culture. And they care nothing about our economy.

They all have one thing in common, whether they're from Ireland, Mexico, China, England or wherever...THEY'RE HERE ILLEGALLY.

SO WHAT?
    I have Irish ancestors. Does that mean they can ALL BE LGEAL, even if they are here illegally?

BIRDS chirped as the bus fired up last Wednesday morning in Yonkers before the crack of dawn. Bleary eyed after only a few hours sleep, the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform (ILIR) volunteers were shivering on McLean Avenue in Yonkers as Eileen’s Country Kitchen provided warm coffee.
    Now that is really toying with my feelings. It makes me want to pull out the Welcome Wagon and wear SHAMROCKS. NOT!! Illegal is Illegal, period!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast