Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Just received this from Rep. David Price (D-NC 4th)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just received this from Rep. David Price (D-NC 4th)

This would not be an issue if these families were turned back at the border!!

Dear -----

In recent weeks, I have heard from hundreds of constituents with concerns about the Trump Administration’s immigration policy. The new “zero tolerance” policy of separating children, including infants and toddlers, from their parents at our nation’s southern border is extremely troubling, and I share your concern and dismay regarding this policy.

In a six month period from October 2017 and April 2018, approximately 700 children were separated from an accompanying adult at the border. However, following Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ announcement that individuals crossing the border would be referred to prosecution, more than 650 children were removed from the care of their parents in under two weeks, according to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

I believe that this policy must end immediately. No matter your political affiliation or views on immigration policy, we can all agree that we should not subject children to the torment and trauma caused by separation from their parents. According to the President of the American Academy of Pediatrics, family separation “can cause irreparable harm, disrupting a children’s brain architecture and affecting his or her short- and long-term health.”

This policy is not the result of a legal loophole or anomaly: it is the direct result of an immigration agenda intent on tearing families apart and sowing fear and division in communities across the country. Since Inauguration Day, I’ve spoken out repeatedly against this Administration’s immigration agenda. I have taken various steps to put a stop to it, including cosponsoring legislation to block the “Muslim ban,” protect Dreamers from deportation, and preserve Temporary Protected Status for immigrants from countries still experiencing turmoil.

In response to recent events, I have cosponsored House Resolution 927, which forcefully condemns the zero tolerance policy as a form of child abuse. I have also cosponsored the “HELP Separated Children Act” (H.R. 5950), which would provide protections and establish humane protocols for DHS officers when interacting with children whose parents are involved in immigration enforcement actions.

As a member of the Homeland Security Appropriations Committee, I will continue to conduct rigorous oversight and hold DHS officials accountable for their enforcement tactics.

All of this underscores the need for comprehensive immigration reform, which I continue to fight for in every way possible. As Congress continues to debate immigration policy, hearing your views on these issues will be important. Please do not hesitate to reach out on this or any other issue of concern.

Sincerely,

DAVID E. PRICE
    Member of Congress
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Help Separated Children BACK to their country into the arms of THEIR President" ACT
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

imblest wrote:

This would not be an issue if these families were turned back at the border!!
    Exactly.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Exactly.....DON'T let them in so we have to house and feed them!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)