Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"I am concerned that ICE enforcement actions are creating an impression that this region is somehow less hospitable to these critical businesses than other regions," Villaraigosa wrote in a March 27 letter to Michael Chertoff, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.
    Villaraigosa needs to worry more about upholding the law--cold blooded murders by illegal alien gang members does not create a 'hospitable' atmosphere for citizens.

He is stating so-call 'critical businesses' employ illegal immigrants.

Villaraigosa, your job as an elected official is to uphold all the laws--federal law enforcement is not multiple choice.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Shut up mecha boy...
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Lou Dobbs is going to do a segment on this tonight 4/10
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

what do you expect from a mexican agent who puts illegal alien mexicans before American citizens?

and that is right, the illegal alien mayor Tony Vivalaraza is directly responsible for Jamiel's murder.

I've copy, pasted, printed and going to fax this to each Congress member who has co-sponsored the Save Act but won't sign the Discharge Petition. I have highlighted the in congruent statements made by Villaraigosa and the Jamiel Shaw murder. Give me a break.

I'm surprised I didn't hear anything about this -

I wonder how many times SSA sent out no-match letters to this business?
    (keep in mind, that a certain minimum threshold of no-matches in SSNs must occur before even triggering scrutiny about no-match incidences too).

Even for the 7 in 12 IAs that are actually in our workforce, they work in fields that are proportionately less an economic contribution - per worker (eg. a typical employed American is a greater overall economic 'contributor' due to average pay rate). How about the 5 in 12 that don't work?

And then we could talk about the statistics generated by Rector at the Heritage Foundation - an annual net cost of about $22,000/yr per (family?)

Mr. V, are they really so important to the economy??? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    Villaraigosa is an a**h*** who is responsible for the death of Jamiel Shaw (did you see his parents on Lou's show last night? It was heartbreaking) and who knows how many others. He needs to be removed from office immediately. I feel so sorry for the people who live in LA.
    That's right! Villaraigosa IS responsible for the death of Jamiel Shaw, and MANY OTHER INNOCENT VICTIMS that were raped, maimed, murdered, and molested by ILLEGAL ALIENS.

He needs to be fired immediately. And ANYONE who supports this idiot needs to be fired as well.

I swear, it just keeps getting crazier each day.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Related story here (with 932 comments so far. Leave comments through bottom link):

L.A. Mayor Villaraigosa warns ICE
    to back off immigration raids

Daily News Wire Services
    Article Launched: 04/10/2008 07:10:57 AM PDT

L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa warned that work-site raids on nonexploitative" businesses could have a severe impact on the local economy. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is asking federal officials to rethink their policy on workplace immigration crackdowns that involve established businesses and to focus on employers that mistreat workers instead.

The mayor said in a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff that work-site raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement could have "severe and long-lasting effects" on the local economy, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

ICE made more than 4,900 work-site arrests nationwide in fiscal 2007, a 45-fold increase over the number in 2001, authorities said.

More than 130 undocumented workers were arrested at a San Fernando Valley manufacturing company in February and over 60 workers were arrested for immigration violations at South Bay-area warehouses last week.

Los Angeles companies such as clothing manufacturer American Apparel Inc. have reported being questioned by ICE officials about their hiring procedures.

Villaraigosa accused federal officials of targeting "established, responsible employers" in industries that rely on "workforces that include undocumented immigrants."

"In these industries, including most areas of manufacturing, even the most scrupulous and responsible employers have no choice but to rely on workers whose documentation, while facially valid, may raise questions about their lawful presence," he wrote in the March 27 letter.

He said ICE should spend its limited resources targeting employers who exploit wage and hour laws. Chertoff has not responded to the mayor's letter, but Homeland Security spokeswoman Laura Keehner said the department believes its priorities are correct.

She said work-site investigations focus on national security and public safety and that the agency also investigates companies it believes may have committed visa fraud, money laundering, and other violations.

Mayoral spokesman Matt Szabo said Villaraigosa and Los Angeles business leaders hope to discuss their concerns with Chertoff in person next week during an annual business trip to Washington.

For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out Mean Streets, the Daily News' crime blog.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_8875246

The answer to the problem
    In an absolut perfect world

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Well as a Californian; I say ICE come on in and raid every company in California you want. Someone needs to clean up this state and it sure isn't going to be our state government.

Los Angeles and San Francisco to not represent California, and you do not represent legal citizens of this state.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast