Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWidman
    Are you saying that hundereds of thousands of American citizens, taking to the streets as they did, will accomplish nothing, or are you saying that American citizens are simply not capable of making the same effort?
    Nope. I agree with all your views. I have been to the rallys here in Raleigh. When The Minuteman Project did their national caravan this past summer, I went to the Greensboro, Richmond and D.C. rallys. I left my wife and child, took off work and spent my own money to do this. I have no problem with that at all. The thing that I do have a problem with (and this is simply American apathy), is at all these rallys there was never more than 150 people attending! It was heart-breaking. On the way back to Raleigh, I was traveling through Richmond. I heard on the radio that the Ameican Idol winner had come to town and had filled up the stadium with people.

Americans are so "fat and happy" witht their life that they will not travel 10 miles, let alone to D.C., to stand up for their country. If there is a mass protest, I will be there. But, I'll beleive it when I see it. Until this problem actually effects people in the wallets, they are going to stick their heads in the sand.
    I agree David. It is apathy and fear. At least here, people are still afraid to speak up for fear of being labeled a racist or whatever. I too have traveled to attend rallies and even traveled to the border twice with the minutemen. I was always struck how few were there. I work for myself, so am lucky I have the flexibility. I know a lot of people don't. But as you said, even people who could travel 10 miles to participate don't.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

MW
    anniealone wrote:

But as you said, even people who could travel 10 miles to participate don't.
    Unfortunately that is because they don't know what is at stake regarding the issue of illegal immigration. I don't have all the answers, but I do know we, anti-illegal immigrant advocates, need to do a better job of spreading our message - be it through a massive ralley, media outlets, etc. The only way to turn the tide is to somehow convince our politicians that supporting amnesty and illegal immigrants is not a beneficial career move. So far we've been unable to get that message across to the extent necessary for the changes we want.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So far we've been unable to get that message across to the extent necessary for the changes we want.
    That's why I asked about the protest. It just seems stagnate. Though I do realize that all these local areas are changing their laws so something is working. But I don't think that people realize how much amnesty could hurt everyone. And I dont think the politicians realize how many people out there are upset about it.

Some people write and some don't.
    Some protest and some wont take the time.
    Some donate money to the cause and some dont.

Seems like everyone is going in different directions with this (meaning, what they are willing to do). And it seems like if everyone focused on one thing at a time, as a mass group, things would be more productive.

More organization seems to be in order but...

I guess theres really no way to control that.

We are starting to get some media coverage in our favor and that is what we need more of. When the Marine from Iraq got killed by an illegal it made the news. The more we push the media to write our side as well, then we will gain. People need to hear the truth and learn how much of their tax dollars pay for the illegals. When they see why they can afford houses and items we can't afford then they will get involved.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is great. We need something like this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Fantastic, but I hope it's not too late:

Official Dates:
    Nation Capital (D.C.): June 14,15,16th, 2007
    State Capitals: June 16th, 2007
    It's my sense that the push for amnesty and a massive guest worker program will happen during the March - May timeframe (maybe even sooner). A massive protest in June won't be of much value if amnesty is passed in April. Just something to think about.....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    MW, I think you're right. I heard Harry Reid say that they would address immigration in the new year in the first 10 pieces of legislation they deal with, so time is of the essence.

I also agree that we need to hold a very large demonstration in Washington - how about for George Washington's birthday? Get everyone connected with these various organizations all across the country to commit to go, and to each bring 5 or more other family/friends. Organization, and people committing to show up would be key. Congress needs to know how furious the American public is over their game playing, hypocrisy, and sacrificing the welfare of this country. An angry mob surrounding the Capitol can hardly be ignored.

JAK
    I don't know what William thinks about all of this?

But if everyone is throwing out ideas...heres one.

Some of us are disabled and can't go to these protests, but maybe myself and others like me could give toward those busses to bus people in. Maybe somehow there could be a seperate fund set up for that. Then have a sign up sheet. I wouldn't post this openly though for the opposition to see. There could be a sheet for people willing to commit to being in the actual protest, if they could provide their own transportation or would need help. Those who could give money....and when...

Here is another idea....but in order for both of these to work Americans are going to have to unite...and be true to it. They have to literally see that this is more important that our own little circle of life.

I also think not shopping for ANYTHING BUT THE BARE NECESSITIES FOR ONE WEEK...would have business screaming and the politicians.

If we couldn't do it for a week maybe the first time a weekend.
    That means no shopping, no eating out, no going out to see a movie, bowling, etc. NO RENTING MOVIES...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE. GIVING UP ALL THE EXTRAS. Business and politicans would be screaming...

I don't have the answer...but I do think Americans are going to have to act in one accord...BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK, your ideas are great, but I really don't think we would be able to ralley the American people to the point that they would be willing to attend a protest or even give up their entertainment even for just a weekend. I don't mean to sound negative, but from what I've seen, they just don't deem illegal immigration all that important. Its very important to me and all of the other folks here, but even though the vast majority may want their laws enforced, they are not acting on that. The lack of will to stop illegal immigration from the govt and because the lack of will from the American citizens to stop it is why we are where we are. It's also because of the lack of money. We're not funded like LaRaza and the ACLU. We would need a sponser, maybe several of them. We would need organizers and the like to pull off a major protest in DC. That kind of will and funding just isn't there. Funny though, the will is there against the war in Iraq and was there for the Vietnam war.

I would attend such a protest..but I'll be damned if I'm going to show up and only a hundred or two show up. We need Hundreds of Thousands to show up. If that were possible, I think it would have already happened, but I could be wrong. Good luck, I'll be watching the boards for any organizing that may happen.

When the amnesty bill comes up, that might be when we can really get this together. If and when that comes up, I will be making arrangements to travel to a protest if one exists. I hate flying, but I'll do it.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast