Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Latest: Justice may crack down on legalized marijuana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Marijuana should be legal and if it helps sick people, then that's fine by me, all the better. I do believe it helps sick people feel better and that's great.
    It doesn't.

It's better than morphine or oxycodone or whatever meds non-quack docs prescribe. ...
    It isn't. Morphine and Oxycontin are powerful pain killers and if you need to deal with pain, marijuana does not nothing to numb pain.

Quack medicine is by definition either ineffective or effective in some other way than advertised.

Coca Cola was originally a "Patent Medicine" applied as a tonic to improve ones health back when it included the original recipe of cola nut and coca leaf extracts. It was, of course, an idle stimulant that didn't do anything more for your health than a can of beer or cup of coffee. It was one of the original quack medicines.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well I know from personal experience Coca-Cola cures my car sickness and generations gave it to babies with colic and it cured that and my grandma who lived to be in her late 90's kept a bottle in her frig to cure her indigestion.

I believe marijuana helps cancer patients on chemo-therapy to gain weight and weight loss is one of the key causes of why cancer patients fail, they don't eat enough to stay alive while the chemo kills their cancer. I've never smoked pot but I know for a fact that marijuana smokers get the munchies, so it does something for their appetite.

The issue is that if it works, it works. There may not be a scientific or medical explanation. But if it helps them, it helps them. If they're happier, if they're more relaxed, if they have more appetite to eat, then I'm all for it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well I know from personal experience Coca-Cola cures my car sickness and generations gave it to babies with colic and it cured that and my grandma who lived to be in her late 90's kept a bottle in her frig to cure her indigestion.

I believe marijuana helps cancer patients on chemo-therapy to gain weight and weight loss is one of the key causes of why cancer patients fail, they don't eat enough to stay alive while the chemo kills their cancer. I've never smoked pot but I know for a fact that marijuana smokers get the munchies, so it does something for their appetite.

The issue is that if it works, it works. There may not be a scientific or medical explanation. But if it helps them, it helps them. If they're happier, if they're more relaxed, if they have more appetite to eat, then I'm all for it.
    All very well. But the problem is the role of the medical community in the distribution of marijuana. Medicine and medical applications are rather precise terms that exclude Coca Cola, lemon herb tea, foot rubs and other personal applications for discomfort.

And as medicine, marijuana does not apply. The medical prescriptions for medical marijuana are not even quack medicine, really. Just a license to get stoned.

I agree. Any adult should be able to use marijuana. And with the availability of commercially distributed marijuana, so dies "medical" marijuana.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Trump isn't going to go after pot-smokers or pot-growers in my opinion. He's going to concentrate on the borders and foreign drug cartels bringing their crap across our borders, that's the pot Trump will focus on, in my opinion, and it's not even that pot that he's worried about, it's the heroin and other hard drugs with no regulation, no controls, no education, no warnings, so customers have no clue what they're using or how quick it can kill them if that mix isn't right.
    "Sessions promised he would uphold all the laws, even those he opposed as a senator. He promised he would stand up to President-elect Donald Trump and keep politics out of his decisions."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/01...slim-registry/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A shoot-out at OK Corral over pot? Really? I don't think so.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post

Originally Posted by Judy Marijuana should be legal and if it helps sick people, then that's fine by me, all the better. I do believe it helps sick people feel better and that's great.
    It doesn't.
    Your unsubstantiated opinion is noted. Aside from that, as previously demonstrated, Congress is not vested with a power to enter the states to prohibit the growth, sale, or use of agricultural products.

JWK

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States, respectively, or to the people.___Tenth Amendment

I know you all will disagree with me......

But I am against legalized weed.

I experienced first hand with family members & friends the destruction caused by pot smoking, pot growing and pot selling.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
    I know you all will disagree with me......

But I am against legalized weed.

I experienced first hand with family members & friends the destruction caused by pot smoking, pot growing and pot selling.
    Thank you, lorrie. I am way past feeling like the lone-stranger around here on this issue.

Without looking back through the various threads, I think you and I are the only two to voice our opposition to pot legalization.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The damage that recreational drug use does to families and communities is no excuse or justification for criminalizing its use. The same argument applies to alcohol and tobacco and these are legal substances.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Thank you, lorrie. I am way past feeling like the lone-stranger around here on this issue.

Without looking back through the various threads, I think you and I are the only two to voice our opposition to pot legalization.

MW, my family and friends are all pretty much in the 'High Profile' entertainment industry and watched how many went from
    being multi millionaires to having nothing.

Having big homes to living in another family members spare bedroom, great families to divorce, incarceration, rehab and even suicide.

I also many, many years ago 9th grade high school smoked weed, stole money from parents to buy more weed, got fat and failed the entire year, having to repeat 9th grade before graduating.

They don't call weed 'Dope' because it makes you smart!
    Last edited by lorrie; 02-27-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast