Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Latest: Justice may crack down on legalized marijuana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We keep the War on Drugs to prevent Americans from owning and running our own legalized and regulated drug trade that would crush the foreign cartels and put them out of business. That's why the majority of politicians keep it, they're on the take with the drug cartels to keep it illegal in the US, because it's worth over $300 billion a year tax free for the cartels. Huge business. Just follow the money.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    We keep the War on Drugs to prevent Americans from owning and running our own legalized and regulated drug trade that would crush the foreign cartels and put them out of business. That's why the majority of politicians keep it, they're on the take with the drug cartels to keep it illegal in the US, because it's worth over $300 billion a year tax free for the cartels. Huge business. Just follow the money.
    Absolutely.

The war on drugs makes sure only the 'right' drugs get across the border - only the 'right' dealers get it. I believe that is the case of our war on drugs in other countries.

Think about it - we should have total control of the poppy trade in Afghanistan. Wouldn't it seem we could keep much of it from reaching this country??

What about Oxycontin? How is so much of that getting to the streets. It would seem keeping some control or oversight of prescription drugs would be doable.

I just read that many are being stolen from VA hospitals. Now that is ridiculous.

It's big money - more than oil -

Again, I believe the talk of cracking down on marijuana is trying to appease the masses - pretending they are doing something - but give them an excuse for not being able to do the things that are most urgent.

Exactly. If our politicians cared a whit about anything else, they would have legalized years ago and regulated to make sure the recreational drug trade is as safe and responsible as possible. They would have actually educated users, at the stores, with must-see films and must-read pamphlets advising of the risks of using, addiction, over-dose, side effects, impairment in certain activities and many other things users need to know both before they use in which case a lot of first-time users probably won't use to begin with and existing users will learn how to use them more safely. They would attach warning and information labels to the packages, the dos and dont's of using to keep them as safe as possible. And they would provide free-rehab paid for with taxes only drug users to to anyone who wants or needs it. They would make it a legal licensed US-only trade, run by responsible US citizens only, to avoid any cross border or imports, exports, international complications or consequences. If they cared about our people, this is what they would do, not what they've done. That's why so many law enforcement officers belong to LEAP (law enforcement against prohibition) because they've seen the wrong of these laws up close and personal.

I hope the light of day starts to shine big on this issue and it looks like more and more states are seeing it at least with regards to pot. Never used pot, never had any interest in it or other drugs, but I know that what we're doing to people who do use them is wrong.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-01-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy, you are absolutely right.

Surely we can see what we are doing isn't working. I can also surmise that more of the same is going to produce the same results.

Our problem in this country is so many decisions are being made based on emotions. Emotions make bad laws. Manipulating the people's emotions, also allows the government to manipulate the people.

Who can argue with a 'war on drugs'? Everyone gets behind that, don't they? Some have experienced it in their families or themselves.

So the government tells us 'we are going to do something about it'. We buy into that promise and don't realize until years later, when they have a huge arm of the government in place disappearing millions/billions of our dollars, they have done less than nothing.

We need to get emotions out of our laws - our government. It's OK to get emotionally worked up and decide to get something done - that's the way we are. What we need to do is carry that on and make sure what the government decides to do will actually work to fix the problem.

Think about it, most of the rhetoric put forward in support of illegal immigration is emotional. It isn't about legality or the law. It isn't about what will make things better. The law is made redundant in favor of emotions.

I do think we should learn from prohibition that it only makes it worse. It made some well known people wealthy, though. I think this prohibition on drugs is doing the same thing.

Make it legal, with education. Tax it and use that to give people one shot at rehabilitation - then we have to let people be responsible for themselves.

The only laws should have to do with reselling it, making it available to minors.

Of course, now you have to think about all those for-profit prisons we have. What crime can they legislate into being to keep them full so the corporations will grease the palms of those politicians.

Follow the money -----

Exactly, nntrixie. We're feeding the Evil Beasts from drug cartels to private prisons at the expense of Americans both with their lives and livelihoods with the War on Drugs. It had good intentions on the surface, but deep in its heart and soul, it was an evil set of laws that need to be swiftly brought to an abrupt end.

Yes, it was a good idea in theory -

Since many in our country, with money and power, and the politicians and bureaucrats they own, didn't want it, they set about creating a program they knew wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Cigarettes and alcohol KILL PEOPLE.

Should we make them illegal?

And send people to jail for using them

and put people in prison for smuggling them or selling them?

Cigarettes are already illegal in most parts of the U.S.

And if you get caught buying cigarettes in neighboring state because there cheaper and bringing them back over state borders, you will be charged with smuggling and go to jail.

If you get caught selling cigarettes as a freelancer outside of a licensed tabaco store or retailer, you will be charged for smuggling and trafficking and go to jail.

i am a smoker but it is illegal for me to smoke everywhere but my home and car and even that will soon change.

New bills in CA to outlaw smoking in my own house and car are very close to being signed by our corrupt, illegal alien loving Governor Jerry Brown.
    Last edited by lorrie; 03-02-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is just outrageous!! Unbelievable, lorrie. What is our country coming to? It's approaching a communist state faster than I can count the ways and means.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567