Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NewAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by GodHelpUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    GodHelpUs,

New American is a newly naturalized immigrant from Britan I think.

Dixie
    Maybe, but I'd like to hear from NewAmerican. I have read another post by this person and I suspect he/she is an illegal alien. I might be wrong, if I am I will gladly apologize, but I smell a troll.
    OMG LOL nonono I am certainly not an illegal, in fact I get really pissed off when I see illegals hanging out on street corners etc etc. I just think we need to get real on this instead of being hateful.
    If you are truly a LEGAL immigrant then I apologize. However, I would appreciate it if you stopped using the terms "racist," "hateful," and any other terms that the illegal aliens like to shout at us. Using those words in your posts make me question your motives.

Banned
    Godhelpus, I am an American citizen. I was Sworn in in March after going through the legal process of eligibility. Thats my point. The Bill will allow certain eligible people permanent residency, but it will be a very small proportion of the 12m+ here. Hopefully it will weed out a lot of people who are ineligible and we will be able to kick them out.
    We need to get real with this situation, and what is realistic. The senate passed the Bill by large majority because the Bill makes more sense and is more just than what most of the posters on this forum want. "Kick them all out" is not realistic, and does not stand for the spirit of America.
    Really this is not a personal attack on any one person, but people are sounding very racist in their anti-Mexican comments, and some threads end up sounding like a lynch-mob. Yeah yeah yeah I can alrweady hear you screaming "Freedom of speech, it's in the Bill of Rights", thats great but you still sound like a racist when you say "Mexicans out".

Keep it real. this is a great forum for realistic discussion.

Monty
    X Brit, Proud American.
    Of all his posts, this was the only one that could be called questionable. I don't agree with him that we CAN'T 'kick them all out', but that's a difference of opinion that can be discussed. As for his feeling that some people 'cross the line', it's understandable when some folks lose their focus and emotional control.

Monty has broken no rules here, and he is as welcome as you are. Let's not forget that.

GodHelpUs,

My smell is detecting something. You're harshly crticizing NewAmerican who has never been anything but polite in the forum and you "claim" you're getting hate mail in your e-mail. (my antenna went up on that before I read your criticism of NewAmerican)

Maybe if you wouldn't judge so harshly others it might not come back to you.

Just a thought.....

But I do not appreciate your posture as a new member harshly judging someone we know as a polite and courteous member of the forum.

And I had thought maybe NewAmerican was from New Mexico. Silly me :P

I never saw anything objectionable that he's said.

Re: Lets not make the same mistakes....

Quote Originally Posted by NewAmerican
    Something has been happening in Britain, churning for 30 years+. There, immigrants from South Asia (Pakistan and India), Eastern Europe and the Middle East are making Britain even more miserable than ever. The problem there is that low class Britain can be categorized as almost white supremacist, and the immigrants do not want to integrate, to become British. In fact they do the opposite, they isolate themselves, adding to the racial tension, something which would not exist if they would simply integrate.

The problem there which is so frightening is that the BNP (British National Party Nee Fascists/Nazi's) have recently gained 26 seats on local councils...the first step to serious "issues" against immigrants/non-white Brits.

We should use this as a reference to our problems here in the US.
    Get Realistic.
    New American,

I read an article on the troubles white Brits are having in Barking, England adjusting to an increasing number of Sikhs and Muslims, Africans and Asians. A resident of Barking said: "Tivader Brainer, 70, who emigrated from Hungary 45 years ago, said he has always voted Labor. But this year, he'll abstain.

"You come up here on market day, you hardly see a white man," he said. "My street used to be all white men. Now it's only one white man — that's me."

You can read the article at this link http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-26001-england.html

Funny that just because I disagree I am branded an illegal. You had me rolling on the floor...literally. I was in tears (good thing I have that latent British sense of humor eh?)

Thank you to those who defended my right to an opinion.
    <a href="http://members.aol.com/ojonathano/englishman.jpg">
    </a>

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    GodHelpUs,

My smell is detecting something. You're harshly crticizing NewAmerican who has never been anything but polite in the forum and you "claim" you're getting hate mail in your e-mail. (my antenna went up on that before I read your criticism of NewAmerican)

Maybe if you wouldn't judge so harshly others it might not come back to you.

Just a thought.....

But I do not appreciate your posture as a new member harshly judging someone we know as a polite and courteous member of the forum.
    And I had thought maybe NewAmerican was from New Mexico. Silly me :P

I never saw anything objectionable that he's said.
    MopheadBlue the hateful emails I've been getting are a FACT, not a "claim." Other people have been getting them as well. Count yourself fortunate if you haven't gotten any. They are vile, and threatening at times.

If being "polite" is all that matters, then we are being gullable again. Many of the senators who voted FOR illegals and amnesty were "polite." I may not be polite, but I am a patriotic American. Please read his posts carefully. Read the terms used in some of them. Maybe the manner in which they are written is "polite" but the content is sometimes the same type of content I've heard from those who support illegals and amnesty. And as I said in an earlier post, I'll make an apology if I am incorrect in my assumptions. So far, however, I have not seen anything that would indicate I am incorrect. So, please, don't be so quick to judge me, MopheadBlue. I am new to this forum but I am not new to combating the topic of illegal aliens.

If being "polite" is all that matters, then we are being gullable again. Many of the senators who voted FOR illegals and amnesty were "polite." I may not be polite, but I am a patriotic American. Please read his posts carefully. Read the terms used in some of them. Maybe the manner in which they are written is "polite" but the content is sometimes the same type of content I've heard from those who support illegals and amnesty. And as I said in an earlier post, I'll make an apology if I am incorrect in my assumptions. So far, however, I have not seen anything that would indicate I am incorrect. So, please, don't be so quick to judge me, MopheadBlue. I am new to this forum but I am not new to combating the topic of illegal aliens.
    Then maybe your "style" is not suited to the forum and its rules?

We all have to adhere to the forum rules.

Banned
    GodHelpUs,

We're not in the habit of pre-judging folks based on one or two sentences in 10 or 15 posts. I've reviewed every post made by NewAmerican and can find NO VIOLATION of the rules of this board.

Stop with the personal attacks! THAT IS a violation! Am I clear?

Thank you.

Can I just clarify something:
    I am not pro-illegal immigration, nor am I pro-amnesty for ANYONE who is here illegally.

However......

It is my opinion that we need to amend the laws that we currently have, and deal with the problem that we CURRENTLY have, in a humane way. Simply kicking 12 million people out of the country would cause a humanitarian disaster I am sure our government, 100 senators and 435 congressmen would not want to be responsible for....

Thats just one simple issue. It opens up another 20 of course.

GodHelpUS, would you like me to send you a photocopy of my Certificate of Naturalization? I'm sure it can be arranged. Maybe you don't want to give me your fax # through fear of being fax spammed.
    <a href="http://members.aol.com/ojonathano/englishman.jpg">
    </a>

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    GodHelpUs,

We're not in the habit of pre-judging folks based on one or two sentences in 10 or 15 posts. I've reviewed every post made by NewAmerican and can find NO VIOLATION of the rules of this board.

Stop with the personal attacks! THAT IS a violation! Am I clear?

Thank you.
    I get the picture loud and clear. I apologize to all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast