Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Young people today are not encouraged to work with their hands. It's thought to be demeaning.
    I would emphasize to anyone that knowing how to do lots of things is the old timey version of multi-tasking, which today has become blogging while you are on the cell phone as you are listening to music. Multi-tasking in my young days was a lot of different things: working, cooking, cleaning, gardening, occasionally knitting or crocheting or sewing and mending and running after the kid or the dog that bolted, while keeping an ear on the TV news, sometimes interrupted by a phone call.
    Labor of any sort is not demeaning. It is a breath of fresh air to get off the tush and I have no idea why laziness has become the status quo.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vortex,

Out here in Aurora Co, the Public Schools are shutting down the basic Shop Classes in the highschools. They are being replaced with computer tech rooms instead. From what I hear the basic mechanics class is about gone too. You have to take those classes at the Tech-schools if they have them. As for working on cars goes, there isn't much left on the new ones anymore you can do, so unless you have a car built prior to 1977, you need so many special tools it isn't even funny. Just for working on Auto-HVAC, and Electronics, I had close 15k just in diagnostic tools, not including pumps bottles guagesets and specialty sockets and wrenches made specifically for working those components. And if I had the tools for perfoming all the different mechanics repairs, it would cost more than a mortgage on a medium house.

Same thing is happenning to small engine repair. It too is starting to go high-tech, as the ability to make parts and computers for engines smaller.

www.keepitamerican.biz Check this website out.

americangal4ever posted this a while back on 22 nov.

Multi-tasking leaves no room for relaxing, and you are not in the moment to prevent accidents or to enjoy life's special moments.

Stay in the moment... I keep telling everyone around me, especially my children, it is ok not to get everything done in this day.

Americans need to slow down before we implode.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

use2busmc:

This is a neat site to find the liars. North Carolina - Texas Jeans -Fox Apparel only hires immigrants.

LuvMyCountry wrote,

But Bush told us that this was all good for us. He told us we would be better of by all this so called free trade. NOT
    That would have been Reagan. He told us that the service sector would replace the manufacturing sector. His educational platform turned out to be, training for service and technical areas to prepare us for what was coming.

Then Rush told us to hire the service sector to do what you were not trained to do. That way you could concentrate on what it was that you did and you would make more money.

Technological advancements played a major role. We have been tearing down the old and building the new. The old includes all aspects of life. Cultural, social, religous, professional, military, and governing. It is the building of the new that has us all concerned.

Like turning an old horse out to pasture.........

Yeah, I agree mechanical skills should be taught in high school. But whatever products we will be able to export now will have to be geared for the twenty-first century. I do believe Republicans should have jumped on the alternative energy bandwagon much sooner, instead of leaving that issue to Democrats to seize upon. What would you prefer to see us exporting to unstable, Third World regimes: nuclear technology or wind and solar power systems?

Carpentry and home maintenance should te taught univrersally, I think. When people can make their own repairs it is a big money saver. But we do need high skilled professionals--and in the last twenty years our economy has depended upon those growth indutries---such as Information Technology and educating foreign students. Now huge populations in Asia are gaining the capability to do even that---so what will be left for the US to do? This is going to be a vigorous debate. Sadly the Republicans dropped the ball.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Not only have Americans stopped making "stuff," but the stuff that have America stamped on them is not what it use to be. For instance, I have tried to be loyal to American automakers. Up until this year I have never purchased a foreign made auto. The past thee Fords I have had all had transmission problems at about 40K miles and were later on traded off because of the mounting mechanical problems. As Ford prices increased I decided to purchase a Nissan. A much better price, much better gas mileage, much better workmanship and from what others who owned this vehicle say, it will last a lot longer than a Ford.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

In contrast i have a 2000 S-10 ZR2 4x4 with roughly 170k miles that i have beat to death off-road and still purrs like a kitten along with an 06 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel that i love.
    My buddy has an 04- F350 Ford Diesel that has gone through 3 Turbos.
    I will not buy an import pickup,i will always be a Chevy guy.

My granddaughter just found an American made air brush Kit..
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast