Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Once again, without interior enforcment, the fence won't work.
    And once again, no one has suggested it would!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was in Berlin a couple of years before the wall came down. It did indeed serve to keep people both in and out.

I'm not against the fence, but I am absolutely against a national ID card. Too many of the immigration reform plans I see seem to want that.

Ron Paul didn't say he wanted to reduce the number of border patrol agents, did he? He has previously committed to increasing their ranks, so that wouldn't make any sense to me.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Balboa wrote:
    usanevada wrote:
    Without a fence

Why even bother , they will never stop coming no matter what else
    we do
    We can agree on this!!

We probably agree on a lot of things
    Are you, Balboa and usanevada, claiming we don't need a fence as part of a comprehensive security and enforcement package? Are you suggesting we should just keep the border wide open? Let's forget about the illegal immigrants for a minute - what about the smugglers and potential terrorist? Do you think removing illegal immigrant benefits and enhancing interior enforcement is going to stop them from coming? News flash, not everyone crossing our borders illegally is to provide "cheap" labor. To think so is a little naive, don't you think?
    MW, It just seems so far away...the building of the wall. I want it but don't really think it will stop the islamic goons from doing their evil duties. Tunnels are very common.

Banned
    Balboa wrote:
    usanevada wrote:
    Without a fence

Why even bother , they will never stop coming no matter what else
    we do
    We can agree on this!!

We probably agree on a lot of things
    Are you, Balboa and usanevada, claiming we don't need a fence as part of a comprehensive security and enforcement package? Are you suggesting we should just keep the border wide open? Let's forget about the illegal immigrants for a minute - what about the smugglers and potential terrorist? Do you think removing illegal immigrant benefits and enhancing interior enforcement is going to stop them from coming? News flash, not everyone crossing our borders illegally is to provide "cheap" labor. To think so is a little naive, don't you think?
    NOt me

I think it needs to be 2 layers and cover the whole border

I am a huge supporter of the fence

I am not saying a fence is useless.

As for interior enforcment - no one is saying we won't have it. Do you think they are going to say 'Hey, folks, we are not going to enforce the law." In those words? No, not just yet, but actions speak louder than words.

Do we think the same people who are refusing to use the laws they have that would fix a large part of the problem are suddenly going to build a fence that will - and begin to enforce those laws?

Yes, we can build a fence - a good fence.

Yes, we could have interior enforcement - but hasn't 30 years of refusing to do it given us a hint of their intentions - yet?

The Berlin Wall worked, the Israeli wall seems to work.

Are we forgetting those walls came complete with armed guards allowed to do what it took to enforce the wall?

Are we forgetting the countries building those walls also had governments determined to make it work and enforce any interior laws necessary to make it work.

We do not have those in this country - that's a harsh truth, hard to swallow.

So while they are waving the promise of a fence in front of us and we are focusing on that fence, they are, with the other hand, working to make sure it doesn't come about - and that the ones here in the US already, get to stay and produce more anchor babies on a hourly basis. They are squandering the money and manpower that would help reduce the problem - and somehow we think they are going to build a fence.

Not saying the fence won't work - our government doesn't work. Stop focusing on the fence - either pro or con and focus on the government that is charged with building and enforcing that fence.

We are focusing on Ron Paul's statement regarding the fence and forgetting his promise to enforce interior laws. We are playing right into their hands - following their lead quite well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    In the past year we have seen many token ICE raids
    on meat plants , factories and other places

Also we have been deluged with sympathy stories how
    they are "demonizing" the community, they live in fear, work isn't illegal
    we are separating families and many more

interior inforcement is going to bring out a whole lot more of this

The newest hit piece are how towns are turning into ghost
    towns because "immigrants" are leaving

We are going to have a huge amount of these stories as
    enforcement does heat up

nntrixie wrote:

Once again, without interior enforcment, the fence won't work.
    And once again, no one has suggested it would!
    However, Ron Paul's plan also does NOT include going after employers or holding them accountable for hiring illegals!!

The fence----along with going after employers-----are the BIGGEST things to get illegals to quit coming and to leave as well.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Paul was a guest on Meet the Press in Dec. There is a thread or two regarding some of the not so positive things he said somewhere around here.

I recall comments from him about a border fence being offensive and that he doesn't support it.
    After Ron Paul's poor showing on Meet the Press, Terry Anderson said He would no longer support or "NO WAY VOTE" for RP.
    Terry said this because Ron Paul does not want the fence.

He said it appears that Ron Paul wants to shut off welfare and then open the borders.

I read an article since then, and I believe that Terry is right!!

Plus, Ron Paul has NO plans for going after employers.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

We are going to have a huge amount of these stories as
    enforcement does heat up

Enforcement hasn't started yet - it is far from heating up.

The states are doing great - but if they get it perfect, and some will return home from lack of jobs and freebies - it is going to take the federal government to really make it happen and to man our borders.

That isn't happening - and without a drastic change in Washington, it isn't going to happen.

I truly fear while we are sitting here flaming each other about whether we need a fence or not - or what we think of one candidate or the other, they are making citizens of as many illegals as possible and working the printing presses overtime making those green cards.

Remember, I like Ron Paul's idea about the anchor babies - but I don't see that being resolved in the near future. That will spend a lot of time in congress - and/or in the court system, before it is decided.

So, while we are clapping hands at the so called enforcment, arguing about the fence, our government is keeping them here to produce more and more anchor babies, etc. In other words, helping them 'grow roots' which will be used against us in the debate on this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "Remember, I like Ron Paul's idea about the anchor babies - but I don't see that being resolved in the near future. That will spend a lot of time in congress - and/or in the court system, before it is decided."

At least the wheels are moving on this issue in at least 2 states

It might surprise you how fast this could get to the courts of they
    pass in these states

Also it will be decided by the supreme court or the congress

But in reality the President would have very little say in this
    matter besides an opinion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast