Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Melting Pot

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

melting pot

To AmIToLiberal:

Now why on earth did you have to go and spoil my evening? Why do people like you make up stories, just to fit your own predicaments?
    And paleese Stop using the same old sorry terms, like diversity, melting pot, tossed salad, etc... And stop painting anti-illegal immigration groups, as being raciest, because you are wrong.
    The majority of American citizens want illegals deported!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AmITooLiberal
    Unfortunetly Multi-Culturism has also now been applied to politics. I consider myself mostly a liberal which is a bad word in many places, even here sometimes .

I wish we weren't so polarized and could find more issues where our politics can "melt" into a common goal. I think illegal immigration and our border security is such a place but care has to be taken to appeal to both sides. However both sides hang onto their "history" and it's difficult to get us all together.
    Define "Multi-Culturism". Is that kinda like "Moral Relativism"?

Re: melting pot

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    To AmIToLiberal:

Now why on earth did you have to go and spoil my evening? Why do people like you make up stories, just to fit your own predicaments?
    And paleese Stop using the same old sorry terms, like diversity, melting pot, tossed salad, etc... And stop painting anti-illegal immigration groups, as being raciest, because you are wrong.
    The majority of American citizens want illegals deported!
    I'm confused, what story did I make up or paint anti-illegal immigration groups as racist? (I joined this board and have been participating in the discussion as being against illegal immigration myself)

Perhaps you didn't read that I am the one who started this thread. That having been through "diversity training" I'm not a fan of it's goals since I believe they are polarizing.

Perhaps you just objected to my self description as being a liberal?

Liberals are welcome if they stand with us in this fight. In fact, we could use some more.

We must all go past Republican, Democrat, Conservative, & Liberal and unify in this battle. Bringing the American majority together.

Let's all hug and then go elect some good people

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Liberals are welcome if they stand with us in this fight. In fact, we could use some more.

We must all go past Republican, Democrat, Conservative, & Liberal and unify in this battle. Bringing the American majority together.

Let's all hug and then go elect some good people

W
    Thanks. There are issues that can be jointly fought for. I just come from a background that looks at things from a different viewpoint. Like we are on two mountain ranges looking down at the same valley. Some want to dam the river with a concrete dam. Other want to dam it by bringing back beavers. Both want to raise the level of the water higher back in the valley.

Allow me to clarify this matter once and for all. The purpose of a society and a culture is to ostracize those who are more than two standard deviations form the norm. In other words conform within the confines of the society mores or be deprived of the general benefits of society: protection, care when you are sick, food when you cannot work, education, moral support, peer support etc all.

Basically it amounts to conform to the norm or get out of the gene pool. Diversity exists within the confines of a culture, it has to in order for the culture and the society to adapt to change. But it should be a very controlled expansion based on experience.

In large part this is what is wrong with the current "invasion". One of the cultures involved is simply a "culture of failure". The society these people come from does not have a mechanism for auto-correction. The best it can do is disperse its own culture of failure into societies of success in an attempt to drag them down toward a new normality low. Which is to say, success is not measured by the advancement of “their� culture, rather it is measured by the ability to lower the gap between their society and other societies by bringing down the standard of living in the other societies.

Simply put, this is what is happening in the United States. Some societies have faced the truth about their own culture. The have given up on the idea of aspiring to more, due to political constraints, and instead decide to bring other societies down in order to narrow the gap between the societies and prevent revolution at home.

Regards,

Patriotman

Re: melting pot

Quote Originally Posted by AmITooLiberal
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    To AmIToLiberal:

I'm confused, what story did I make up or paint anti-illegal immigration groups as racist? (I joined this board and have been participating in the discussion as being against illegal immigration myself)

Perhaps you didn't read that I am the one who started this thread. That having been through "diversity training" I'm not a fan of it's goals since I believe they are polarizing.

Perhaps you just objected to my self description as being a liberal?
    The first few paragraphs were ok. But then you sart drifting way far...well, yes, you are too liberal.
    Oops, I thought you wrote the article. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions. But, I still see things waaaayy differently than you do. But as William said "we must all go past Republican, Democrat, Conservative & Liberal and unify in this battle. Friends?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Excellent post, Patriotman!
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    Excellent post, Patriotman!
    Ditto!

Watchman:

Is that picture of your yards landscaping or something you just picked up on the net?

Curious,

Patriotman

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast