Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Melting Pot

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My ancestors are scottish and cherokee. Those of you who are fellow cherokee will probably know the name of my grandfathers grandfather, John Ross. He was the only cheif of the Cherokee nations from it's creation until he died in 1866.

He fought with "Old Hickory" at the Battle of New Orleans, and led the peoples on the Trail of Tears, where his first wife died. My family ancestory on the cherokee side cannot be traced back any further since they kept no records, while on the Ross side, we have the family tree back to the founding of Clann Ross with the fifth Earl William, in 1372.

Scottish and cherokee blood is very intermingled in America. Many scots, especially Highland scots, intermarried with the cherokee, whose tribal culture was more familiar to scots who came from a clan culture, than the typical white culture of colonial america.

Quote Originally Posted by am_patriot
    If suburban white kids in American would stop doing cocaine and smoking pot, then the drug dealers in Mexico would lose their influence and real legal reform could happen there. Y'all have good intentions, but you conservatives are pretty darn dumb and stupid. Instead of shooting and asking questions later, how about helping find a solution everyone wants? How about a solution any good Christian would pray for? Yeah, Mexico is corrupt . . . and but where do you think the banks are that launder the money? America. Heck, the biggest private bank in Mexico is Citibank -- the owner of Banamex. You think you're so innocent? You're not.
    Gee, everything used to be blamed on Bush. Now it's the suburban white kids?

How about those gang-bangers? They don't do dope? Hmmm ....

Don't call conservatives dumb and stupid (making that point to you as a forum moderator)... and the same respect will be afforded you. If you have any questions, refer to forum rules. We have some liberals posting here. Imagine that!

So .. what is your purported solution that "any good Christian" would pray for?
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Wow DonQuixote, that's a great story. You must be an admirer of Andrew Jackson. Just kidding. And I wonder if am_patriot was ever able to influence or persuade a 12-year-old. How about most of the time? Most adults when they want to are able to persuade 12-year-olds of just about anything, if they really want to. Well, the drug dealers have that ability too. Consequently it's very unfair to blame the kids (I left off the term "white" because it's racist) for using drugs. Somewhere along the line, some creepy, slime ball won the argument and ruined a child's life. I'd strongly support the death penalty for slime balls like that, illegal aliens included. We have a huge drug problem that seems unsolvable. One part of it lies directly on the border and that part can be stopped cold in one day, if we have the will.
    '58 Airedale

Racism

People in America don't even frikkin know what a racist IS anymore. I interviewed two radical racists in prison about ten years ago and that forever changed my views on race completely. First of all, sitting across from these two guys was SCARY. I never believed in the devil before, but after talking to these guys for an hour I began to question that assumption. You could actually feel the hatred coming off them--I've never felt such a sick feeling as I did then. I had never before encountered a human being who would happily kill another person who was not like him--and he'd do it with a smile on his face. It really was like sitting across the table from the devil.

So anyway, most of the people who whine about racism today in regards to issues like illegal immigration have no idea what a real racist IS. I am forty years old, and with the exception of those two guys in prison, I have never met any white person who hates blacks and I've never met a black person who hates whites. Yeah a person might be a little cranky and complain about another race but that isn't racial hatred. It's time for people to grow up and cut each other some slack. I have friends of all races and love them all equally

I see all this racial posturing as a symptom of a political cliche factory which hasn't changed since the 60's when racism in some areas of the country truly WAS a problem. It's a symptom of intellectual stagnation, political posing and an aging establishment that has turned almost non-existant racism into BIG BUSINESS. Fortunately people my age and younger couldn't care less about "racism" because it's never really been a part of our lives.

Today a white person being called a racist over nothing is about as stimulating as a conservative black person being called a "boot-licking Uncle Tom." ZZZZZZZZZZZZ BORING. Anybody who quakes in fear about being deemed a racist is weak, IMO.

Illegal immigartion isn't about race--it is a question of how fast a First World Nation can absorb unending numbers of desperate Third World people. We have immigration laws and quotas for exactly this reason--because people in the older generations, people who experienced REAL problems like the Great Depression, understood that America is NOT invulnerable.

AM Patriot has a good point, but the "dumb and stupid" comments about other posters needs to get lost now!

AM Patriot, you lose your audience when you insult them and you errode any point you are trying to make. It is true that we have a drug use problem among white, black, and latino Americans that is helping to fuel this problem.

There are plenty of dumb liberals and conservatives to go around and I'm certain you did not mean to direct that comment at our fine participants here.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: What "American Culture" is really about

Quote Originally Posted by am_patriot
    When people are talking about "American culture," they ought to know what they're talking about. It's more than pizza and MTV . . .

Also, most of you folks proved the point of my column. If you hate Mexicans and believe they're anti-American and will ruin civilization that's fine . . . just be honest about it. When folks couch their opinions in talk about the economy and terrorism and all that, it's insulting to everyone in the conversation. If folks just said what they were thinking we'd all be better off.
    If suburban white kids in American would stop doing cocaine and smoking pot, then the drug dealers in Mexico would lose their influence and real legal reform could happen there.
    This has nothing to do with hating Mexican people. This has to do with disliking the fact that certain people are entering our country, and their vey first act, stepping foot on our soil, is to demonstrate utter contempt for the will of the people of this nation by breaking our law.

You are attempting to race bait, and it will not be tolerated. Tread lightly.

I play on a volleyball team which is all Mexican-American except for me. They are all great people. One day a few years ago my team captain Tony told me he had a sister who smuggled illegals into this country and he said "that is wrong, Bob." At the time I was clueless about how bad the problem was, but looking back on it, my friend Tony was well aware.

Mexican Americans for the most part are very American and have no desire whatsoever to see the US become like Mexico with all its corruption, unemployment and illiteracy. They know better.

My friend Juan, who is Latino and grew up on the Mexican border, has told me hundreds of stories about Mexican Nationals. He says that the whole way of thinking is different from Americans of Mexican descent. For instance, he says that he will not take his girlfriend with him when he goes into Mexico because MExican males will sexually harrass his girlfriend right in front of him, whereas most American males have more respect for couples and women.

So you know it's about culture, not race. I have done some extensive travelling in the Yucatan and have been pulled over by people with machine guns, had the road blocked by busses manned with gun toting hoods, and had my life threatened by a Mexican who told me he knew Texans were shooting Mexicans for sport. I do NOT want to import this cultural chaos into my home. Immigration must be slow and controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Today a white person being called a racist over nothing is about as stimulating as a conservative black person being called a "boot-licking Uncle Tom." ZZZZZZZZZZZZ BORING. Anybody who quakes in fear about being deemed a racist is weak, IMO.
    BobC,

On the John Gibson show yesterday on FOX there was some yoo-hoo that was trying to claim that buying American was racist.

His theory was so convoluted I couldn't keep up with it.

Gibson shot it through with holes.

And, pardon my manners, WELCOME to ALIPAC!
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Well I would wonder why John Gibson would even have such a clown on his show from the get-go. I mean is this what passes for stimulating debate these days? I can assure you that the Chinese do not hold these idiot debates regarding their own economy. It's pretty infuriating and yet another example of American intellectual stagnation.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Well I would wonder why John Gibson would even have such a clown on his show from the get-go. I mean is this what passes for stimulating debate these days? I can assure you that the Chinese do not hold these idiot debates regarding their own economy. It's pretty infuriating and yet another example of American intellectual stagnation.
    I don't know ... I just caught part of it. And I checked the transcripts and there is nothing to document the segment. It wasn't the entire show.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast