Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Melting Pot

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

well that's a great example of why I don't even watch mainstream TV anymore. I mean I was bored with the whole phony racism debate thirty years ago when I was still in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    Quote Originally Posted by am_patriot
    If suburban white kids in American would stop doing cocaine and smoking pot, then the drug dealers in Mexico would lose their influence and real legal reform could happen there. Y'all have good intentions, but you conservatives are pretty darn dumb and stupid. Instead of shooting and asking questions later, how about helping find a solution everyone wants? How about a solution any good Christian would pray for? Yeah, Mexico is corrupt . . . and but where do you think the banks are that launder the money? America. Heck, the biggest private bank in Mexico is Citibank -- the owner of Banamex. You think you're so innocent? You're not.
    Gee, everything used to be blamed on Bush. Now it's the suburban white kids?

How about those gang-bangers? They don't do dope? Hmmm ....

Don't call conservatives dumb and stupid (making that point to you as a forum moderator)... and the same respect will be afforded you. If you have any questions, refer to forum rules. We have some liberals posting here. Imagine that!

So .. what is your purported solution that "any good Christian" would pray for?

Hello, I am a liberal and I do not like my fellow citizens being called dumb and stupid. Being a liberal is about tolerance for ideas you may disagree with, conservatives and moderates are my fellow citizens that may have some different opinions than my own. There are issues I am going to disagree with on conservatives, but I tolerate their right to hold those opinions.

Most conservatives are very well meaning people, just like many liberal citizens are well meaning. It's not the citizens who are the problem it is the POLITICIANS in the pockets of corporations and greed, and that goes for both conservative and liberal leadership.

What is important here are the ACTIONS of politicians that are hurting ALL of the citizens. I do not have tolerance for the ACTIONS that have practically taken my life away. When you step over that line from having an opinion to ACTIONS that are a threat to my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness that is where tolerance ends, you then become intolerant of me
    (such is the case with the open borders people) taking away my rights by force.

I would have to classify myself as a conservative, but I agree with everything you said, Libby.(though on any other site, on different issues, you will probably never see me say that again) :P

I took a "political compass" test online recently and it said I am libertarian, probably true, but I think I lean a little more Right then they said.

I am convinced, judging from polls I have seen on generally liberal dominated places like CNN, that this is an issue which crosses party lines among us citizens. Ya do not get polls on CNN with the results being 2/3 or more of the population being on our side in this, without at least half of all "liberals" being on our side too.

This is not a "liberal" or "conservative" issue, it is a CITIZEN issue. Both parties are dropping the ball on this one, and screwing us over.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    I would have to classify myself as a conservative, but I agree with everything you said, Libby.(though on any other site, on different issues, you will probably never see me say that again) :P

I took a "political compass" test online recently and it said I am libertarian, probably true, but I think I lean a little more Right then they said.

I am convinced, judging from polls I have seen on generally liberal dominated places like CNN, that this is an issue which crosses party lines among us citizens. Ya do not get polls on CNN with the results being 2/3 or more of the population being on our side in this, without at least half of all "liberals" being on our side too.

This is not a "liberal" or "conservative" issue, it is a CITIZEN issue. Both parties are dropping the ball on this one, and screwing us over.
    I'm actually a "classical liberal" which is different from the Al Sharpton, Ted Kennedy type of liberal. I too tend to be more libertarian. I do have a strong support of unions, though not like they are set up today to help the illegals.

Yes, I voted for Clinton, both times. I actually liked Clinton until he signed NAFTA.

But you are so right here, this is not about liberal and conservative, it is about citizens, and as citizens we are all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    well that's a great example of why I don't even watch mainstream TV anymore. I mean I was bored with the whole phony racism debate thirty years ago when I was still in grade school.
    A sad thing is that the whole racism debate, and the ill feelings it generates, is being perpetuated in our schools. When my son was in 5th grade, 2 years ago, we took a trip to New Orleans. When we got back, I was telling his teacher about the trip, and she asked me "Did William notice the difference down there?"

I asked her what "difference" she meant, and she responded "You know.. the white and blacks bathrooms and waterfountains?"

I was floored. This is not some out of touch little old lady, she had graduated from college just 5 years ago. But then, five minutes later when I told her about taking him on the Mississippi Queen, she asked me what river that was on too. I gave her an answer.. and she now believes the Amazon River is in N. America. I have my son in private school now.

Sorry this is not really an immigration topic in this post, but I wanted to remark on what BobC said. Anyone wish to debate me about public schools, I will be happy to meet ya on Chronowatch. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    A sad thing is that the whole racism debate, and the ill feelings it generates, is being perpetuated in our schools. When my son was in 5th grade, 2 years ago, we took a trip to New Orleans. When we got back, I was telling his teacher about the trip, and she asked me "Did William notice the difference down there?"

I asked her what "difference" she meant, and she responded "You know.. the white and blacks bathrooms and waterfountains?"

I was floored. This is not some out of touch little old lady, she had graduated from college just 5 years ago. But then, five minutes later when I told her about taking him on the Mississippi Queen, she asked me what river that was on too. I gave her an answer.. and she now believes the Amazon River is in N. America. I have my son in private school now.

Sorry this is not really an immigration topic in this post, but I wanted to remark on what BobC said. Anyone wish to debate me about public schools, I will be happy to meet ya on Chronowatch. lol
    hehehe.. don't look at me to debate ya on the public schools, I agree 100% about that. Public schools are a failure and only getting worse.. now remember, you just heard that from a liberal.

Don I think it's all part of the same problem. Have you seen document the Council of Canadians got a hold of regarding this governments plan to "integrate" a North American "region?" Part of the plan is to use PUBLIC SCHOOLS to brainwash kids into accepting the dissolution of borders. It is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS but in hindsight this agenda has been going on for quite a while. I'm no conspiracy nut but you'd have to be an idiot not to connect the dots at this point. look at what's happening in LA--public schools are failing at an astonishing rate and more emphasis is being paid to Multicultural "tolerance" than to teaching math and science. We have forgotten what schools are for just as we have forgotten the basic tennants of journalism. I worked for a while at a major American newspaper and the social engineering I saw at work every day was sickening and outrageous. Unbiased reporting of events wasn't even PRETENDED to be followed. It was all about multiculturalism and tolerance and watching out for racism. I could tell you stories that you would not believe.

"You have the right to Free Speech. Unless of course you're stupid enough to actually try it." The Clash 1984

I agree with ya, BobC. And lets face it, they may call us paranoid, but there ARE people out there, and organizations, who DO desire to destroy America. There IS a bigger plan and agenda at work. Illegal immigration and multiculturalism is only a piece of it.

I don't believe there's any agenda to destroy America. I think there's a complete disregard for America and what it used to stand for. Corporations are running everything and if they can bring their profits up they could give a damn what happens to America per se. The dumber and less educated we are, the easier it is for them to do whatever they feel like doing. It is as simple as that.

I agree with Bob. It's all about Corporate greed. It's all the bottom line. These people don't have to live among the Mexicans. So why could they care what level society slips to? It's sick. We Americans really need to take back our government. I am all for a 3rd party candidate being elected to send a message to both Republicans and Deomcrats that they serve us, not their donors.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast