Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Melting Pot

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Each illegal alien here is a disincentive to recruit and hire an American. The greatest impact is felt by minority members like Blacks, Indians and native born Hispanics. The teenagers from these marginal communities face the greatest difficulty they are competing with adult illegals. Employers often feel why hire an American raw recruit when it is possible to hire someone with experience getting to a job for
    the same wage. There is no job that Americans are unwilling to do with the right wages and job environment. It is possible to dig ditches and talk about the same things you can on a stoop.///

American minority and marginal community teenagers need to get encouragement and an active social recruitment. A social recruitment program would stress objectives and the presence of friends. There is no need to make the effort if competing laborers are easy to get. In most situations illegal aliens are working in a job found through friends where they can see friends.///

Emanuel Martinez fails to take the global perspective and complains about what low wages he was paid in Mexico. He then identifies with a Mexican who came here to work illegally causing the loss of a job opening to Americans. Mexico expels a higher ratio of it's undocumented who cross the border from Central America. Martinez fails to consider that the wages in Mexico are high in the global comparison.///

Filipinos workers with competency in hospitality, Spanish and English is paid less for their work in dollar equivalent. How would Mr Martinez feel if the employers and Filipino immigrants down in Guanajuato establshed a pipeline that made it difficult for the jobs he held in Guanajuato to go to the Mexicans because of the pipelne of Filipinos.///

There really is no country in the world that tries to set it's immigration policy to maximize the benefit to its neighbors. Mexico certainly is not running its policy that way. Twenty eight years ago I tried working in Mexico without a visa doing Polaroids. I was told I could not by an agent from Relaciones. Yes that is the same department that produces the comic book on how to get into and working in America.///

My grandfather was a mining engineer from the United States who worked in Mexico for a Mexican on a few jobs. From his letters I know that some of the mining companies tried bringing in Chinese as laborers. There was one in his town running the store. Back then the wage rates between Mexico and the US were not as far apart. What happened is that many of the Chinese were beaten up and killed.///
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to ALIPAC Richard. Welcome aboard!

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Richard's point about teen labor vs illegal labor is very valid. It's something that crosses rural america too where changing the pipes used to be something the teen in the household could do. And everyone in town used to get involved in spud picking. School even let out. But any more the government labels this as a job Americans won't do. It doesn't help that we've made a lot of our own laws that prevent teens from working.

Mexico is sewer because of Mexicans, not because of Americans.

America is a garden because of Americans, despite Mexicans.
    They are "undocumented" border patrol agents, not vigilantes.

Welcome to Alipac, Richard. And very good post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There really is no country in the world that tries to set it's immigration policy to maximize the benefit to its neighbors. Mexico certainly is not running its policy that way. Twenty eight years ago I tried working in Mexico without a visa doing Polaroids. I was told I could not by an agent from Relaciones. Yes that is the same department that produces the comic book on how to get into and working in America.///
    Every nation looks after it's own interest first. I know of no other nation willing to throw itself upon it's sword for the sake of it's neighbors. America should do the same, and stop apologizing for it.

I'm pretty sure America is no longer looking after my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    Scottish and cherokee blood is very intermingled in America. Many scots, especially Highland scots, intermarried with the cherokee, whose tribal culture was more familiar to scots who came from a clan culture, than the typical white culture of colonial america.
    I see we share the same ancestor and observation. I would point out that the line of Ross traces back far further than you mention here, some lines trace back into Roman times while others trace to Norman nobility, Charlemagne and allegedly to Ceasar and Mohammed. Ptolemy wrote about the Ross people. Elizabeth Ross was the Grandmother of Robert the Bruce, which leads to the Scots Royal line of Stuart. Likewise Clan McAndrew is an offshoot of Clan Ross, being founded by Andrew Ross.

This is quite true about scots intermingling with native people, and not just Cherokee. Not just Scots either, but Celtic people in general.

There is more in common there than just clan structure too. There is much in common between the two cultures in terms of way of life and basic philosphies.

Both cultures were systematicly obliterated by the more industrially oriented european cultures and there are quite a few other points in common.

I'd like to add a bit of commentary on the whole subject and why I want immigration managed properly and legally and illegal immigration firmly controlled and punished.

I have firsthand experience with the problems and the results and it is not good for the people trying to immigrate or the people in the US. I have seen landowners who were killed by people smuggling things and people across the mexican border. I've seen Federales busted for being involved in almost every illegal activity along the border and being "unofficially" encouraged to help promote those activities. I've seen them let go by the US and not punished by Mexico. The situation is intentionally promoted by the Mexican government. It IS a form of terroristic activity.

I worked for the INS (Border Patrol) in a southwestern US border state briefly. I quit because I was fed up with two big things.

1. The people we caught were almost exclusively decent people who wanted to work and be good decent americans. That was their dream.

They suffered a lot at the hands of Illegal Immigrants who prey on others crossing the border illegally. The number of murders, robberies, rapes, beatings and other crimes commited against these people by their own people as they try to get here is thoroughly disgusting.

That has to end. Anyone who says otherwise has never had to open a locked semi-truck trailer to find dozens of dead people who were being smuggled and then abandoned.

2. INS estimated that we caught at most 5% of the people that came across illegally. The ones we caught were as a rule more honest than most that cross the border and that is why they were caught. Some people might say they were more stupid than others who snuck in but I think they were just less criminally inclined than the majority we did not catch who knew full well they were commiting a crime.

Speaking of crimes, of the other crimes such as car theft, drugs, guns, etc., which we ran across in the course of our normal duties almost every one of the perpetrators had one of the amnesty program green cards and was former Illegal Immigrant that was nationalized. So making Illegals Legal after the fact is just going to encourage more crime.

Our borders are a joke. The special interests that control the government made it very clear that they want Illegals here so they can use them as cheap labor. A pool of cheap labor that will take any abuse handed out because they have no legal status and don't want to be identified which makes them better than slaves because they dare not speak out.

That too is a crime.

Crusader_Magnus
    Welcome to ALIPAC.
    Good Post, thanks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CRUSADER wrote
    I've seen them let go by the US and not punished by Mexico.
    There it is again!! Right back to the RULE OF LAW. This is the burning stick in the American eye.

We must pressure our Reps on the LAW not being upheld. That's one issue that we have strong ground to stand on and has been pushed aside being replaced with rhetoric such as RACISM & COMPASSION f/human rights.

I can just imagine the frustration of our Border Patrol people and their forced silence for the most part. Damned if you do and damned if you don't for them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast