Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Methodist Church INSISTS on amnesty

reminding us that we, too, were foreigners in other times;
    My ancestors were not foreigners, they learned English, followed American laws, and became citizens as soon as possible.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What can be done about this?

Also, someone, please tell me, where it says anything in the scriptures that paying your dues for a crime was un-godly? Wasn't a good percentage of the New Testiment written from PRISON? They knew the law, broke the law, and decided the punishment was worth the risk. Heck fire, Jesus DIED for it, and then now, it's not fair to make people obey the law? No where, does it say it's OK to break the law. Otherwise what's the point of a maryter? Standing up for your beliefs because it's worth the price of death and imprisonment, or whatever. Your REWARD is the here-after.....not just being a spoiled brat who demands and is given whatever they want....here and now.

What about the book of Job? A man who lived about as perfect life as he could and he lost everything.....so being GOOD and hard working means SQUAT. It matters only when it is CHALLENGED. THAT"S THE TEST.....NOT when everything is going your way. I dispise these people who twist the word......I saw a saying on a church billboard......the test of a good capitan is not sailing on calm seas.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I don't know what you are going to do, Mayflower, but I told my pastor today that I am leaving my membership in the United Methodist Church. He had the gall to tell me I wouldn't find any church that didn't support illegal aliens. I told him, yes I could and I don't have to be a member to worship in any church.

If I don't support businesses who cater to illegals, I don't have to belong to a church that does either.

Umm, sojourner means traveler, these people are not travelers they are foreign invaders! I recall reading plenty of passages in the Bible where God helped the Israelites expel their enemies and invaders. This Church is definitely out of touch with reality.
    He also said not to mix with people of foreign countries, stay out of their land and don't let them into yours. NEVER, EVER, did it say, if they are foreigners, give them everything they want, do whatever they ask, and don't object or expect anything from them but their approval. But in each and every story, there was the truth, that among those who you are to stay away from were GOOD people.....like the story of Ruth. They were given help, and protectiona and accepted with love. Not on what they were, who they were, what color they were or what country they were from, but on their individual convictions.

I am certain, that among the "illegals" there are good people, people who are ashamed of what they have done and would love to ask for mercy and justice.....but they are lost with the others who DEMAND and feel it's all owed to them. Those are the people I feel for and wish they would stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    I don't know what you are going to do, Mayflower, but I told my pastor today that I am leaving my membership in the United Methodist Church. He had the gall to tell me I wouldn't find any church that didn't support illegal aliens. I told him, yes I could and I don't have to be a member to worship in any church.

If I don't support businesses who cater to illegals, I don't have to belong to a church that does either.
    Good for you shocked!
    It's hard to take that stance with your own church.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I left mine when they started this bull of only members of this church would be saved.

I had a minister tell me about the end times, false prophets and everything. I have studied like you don't know and I don't profess who has the answer......but I was told....GOD would judge me....on what's in my heart, not MAN. Theft is theft.....but there are those who steal for fun and those who steal as last resort. Who deserves mercy?

Also look at the admonishings of the churches in Revelations......just coz you're a member of a church, or a specific relegion, doesn't mean you GET it.

It was a revalation for me when I actually read the Bible.....anyone remember the story with those who wouldn't work on Sunday? The church who had their open market? The adulter at the well? Motive, what's in your heart, intention.....all things you can't measure based on an act.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    I don't know what you are going to do, Mayflower, but I told my pastor today that I am leaving my membership in the United Methodist Church. He had the gall to tell me I wouldn't find any church that didn't support illegal aliens.
    Wow! He acknowledges they are illegal and breaking many laws but supports that anyway? How many laws will the church support me breaking?

Also you should inform him about the San Patricio Brigade, they were Catholic Irish US immigrants who fought on the side of Mexico during the Mexican American War, because they saw themselves as Catholic first and hated Protestants. How many of the Catholic illegal aliens feel the same way about Protestants today?

Re: The Methodist Church Offers False Biblical Information.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    The bible teaches us to love the sinner not the sin. Supporting illegals dismisses biblical doctrine, the bible is very clear that lying, cheating, stealing and breaking the laws of a country is wrong and against the Word. Supporting illegals is therefore, sinful.

In the End Times, it has been stated that there would be many false prophets and the Methodist church falls into that catagory.

Matthew 24:24
    For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. (NIV)
    ELE...VERY well articulated.

I have taken my copy of "Are We Living in the End Times?" by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins back out for reading. They are the authors of the Left Behind series and tho the book is big, they were able to put the End Times in such easy to undertand clarity that anyone who is open to learning it will understand. In fact, they almost make it out like these are "exciting times" for Christians. I'd prefer a diffrerent form of excitement rather than that of my country going down in flames - but hey, at least I'm prepared more and more each day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast