Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Thank you ELE.

ELE

How to get rid of pesky missionaires.

Loved your story, Vortex.

Your story reminded me of an eccentric Aunt that I had that was inundated with persistant missionaries that were coming to her home long after she asked them to leave her alone. Finally she tried another approach, she told them that she would listen to their religion if they first listened to her views.

They thought they had her and were going to convert her to their point of view. She invited them to come in for some tea and cake as they came into her home, she proceeded to ask them to take off their clothes because she was a practicing nudist. LOL

As a child I didn’t really understand why these staunch religion people were running out of my Aunt’s house. LOL I have to laugh when I think about that, thanks for bringing back my funny memory, Vortex.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    It always amazes me at the groups who want to demonstrate such kindness, heart, and generosity with OUR TAX DOLLARS! They get all the benefit. We pay all the costs! If there was a law that those who benefitted from amnesty must pay the costs (schooling, medical, etc), I wonder if there would be such enthusiasm??
    It's always better when you can dictate what others should do.....the test comes when it's out of your own sacrifice. If it's all that wonderful, let them sponsor a family. How about that as an answer? If you want to fund and support a family, they get amnesty. If not.....they go!
    How about they have a special collection for illegal aliens, the money raised can go to reimburse the US taxpayers since we currently pay for their education, health care, etc. If they can raise $500 billion a year they can have their amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The Southern Baptist are close, but still support a path to legalization for illegal aliens.

SBC Resolutions
    6. On The Crisis Of Illegal Immigration
    June 2006

WHEREAS, The crisis of illegal immigration in the United States impacts tens of millions of people in many different ways; and

WHEREAS, Christians have responsibilities in two realms: as citizens of the nation (Matthew 22:21) and as citizens of the heavenly Kingdom (Philippians 3:20; Titus 2:14; 1 Peter 2:9); and

WHEREAS, As citizens of the nation, Christians are under biblical mandate to respect the divine institution of government and its just laws, but at the same time, Christians have a right to expect the government to fulfill its ordained mandate to enforce those laws (Romans 13:1-7); and

WHEREAS, As citizens of the heavenly Kingdom and members of local congregations of that Kingdom, we also have a biblical mandate to act compassionately toward those who are in need (Matthew 25:34-40), love our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:39), and to do unto others as we would have them do unto us (Matthew 7:12); and

WHEREAS, The federal government’s failure to fulfill its responsibility in the area of illegal immigration, during both Democratic and Republican administrations, has caused severe consternation among a sizable constituency of Americans and has led to the crisis we now face; and

WHEREAS, The federal government has not only failed to control the borders but failed in its responsibility to enforce the immigration laws, not only with regard to the individuals who are here illegally, but also with regard to the employers who knowingly hire them; and

WHEREAS, There are reportedly 12 million immigrants and counting who are living and working in America without legal status, many of whom have children who are American citizens by birth; and

WHEREAS, Many of these hardworking and otherwise law-abiding immigrants have been exploited by employers and by others in society, contrary to James 5:4; now, therefore, be it

RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Greensboro, North Carolina, June 13-14, 2006, urge the federal government to provide for the security of our nation by controlling and securing our borders; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we urge the United States Congress to address seriously and swiftly the question of how to deal realistically with the immigration crisis in a way that will restore trust among the citizenry; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we urge the federal government to enforce all immigration laws, including the laws directed at employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants or who are unjustly paying these immigrants substandard wages or subjecting them to conditions that are contrary to the labor laws of our country; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we urge citizen Christians to follow the biblical principle of caring for the foreigners among us (Deuteronomy 24:17-22) and the command of Christ to be a neighbor to those in need of assistance (Luke 10:30-37), regardless of their racial or ethnic background, country of origin, or legal status; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage Christian churches to act redemptively and reach out to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of all immigrants, to start English classes on a massive scale, and to encourage them toward the path of legal status and/or citizenship; and be it finally

RESOLVED, That we encourage all Southern Baptists to make the most of the tremendous opportunity for evangelism and join our Master on His mission to seek and save those who are lost (Luke 19:10) among the immigrant population to the end that these individuals might become both legal residents of the United States and loyal citizens of the Kingdom of God.

Greensboro, NC
    http://www.sbc.net/resolutions/amResolution.asp?ID=1157

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Looks like the Southern Baptists in NC are much more discerning citizens that the Methodists. At least they believe in enforcement of our immigration laws, controlling our borders, and provide for the security of our nation. They are also able to distinguish between the two responsibilities of government and biblical teaching and compassion.

I left mine when they started this bull of only members of this church would be saved.
    This sounds like my brothers church!
    Mom was Catholic
    My brother was Born-Again
    I am Atheist

My brother said his bible was the ONLY one written by God.
    Said Catholicism was a sin and of course I was headed for hell, which is where most of my family resides anyway!

He kept wanting me to be saved which I am saving for my deathbed to hedge my bet. I told him that IF I ever became religious that his church would be the last I would EVER join so he would never be happy with me anyway. We didn't talk for 2 years after this. I never thought that would have happened within my immediate family but I refuse to visit people that quote the Bible on everything. It was like talking about plywood all day, I mean how much can you say about it?

I couldn't even talk about a rock my cousin found on a mountain and got mounted and dated. He said the Earth wasn't that old. I said sorry but I pick science over religion any day.

We are now a family again ever since his Pastor was caught by my nephew (in the back of a Cadillac) doing the church secretary.
    Funny how the Pastor goes to Heaven and I don't?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Just another religion/church who I refuse to support. I use to be a methodist a long time ago and just add this to the list of many reasons why I quit and will never come back. I'd rather belong to no church at all then to belong to a church that supports law breaking which flies in the face of what the bible preaches.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My suggestion to all you church goers that waste money by giving it to the unethical business that is today's church, give your 10% to ALIPAC. Would you rather stop illegal immigration or give your pastor a new car?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    I left mine when they started this bull of only members of this church would be saved.
    This sounds like my brothers church!
    Mom was Catholic
    My brother was Born-Again
    I am Atheist

My brother said his bible was the ONLY one written by God.
    Said Catholicism was a sin and of course I was headed for hell, which is where most of my family resides anyway!

He kept wanting me to be saved which I am saving for my deathbed to hedge my bet. I told him that IF I ever became religious that his church would be the last I would EVER join so he would never be happy with me anyway. We didn't talk for 2 years after this. I never thought that would have happened within my immediate family but I refuse to visit people that quote the Bible on everything. It was like talking about plywood all day, I mean how much can you say about it?

I couldn't even talk about a rock my cousin found on a mountain and got mounted and dated. He said the Earth wasn't that old. I said sorry but I pick science over religion any day.

We are now a family again ever since his Pastor was caught by my nephew (in the back of a Cadillac) doing the church secretary.
    Funny how the Pastor goes to Heaven and I don't?
    I pick science over religion too. Today's church contradicts itself constantly. They want to give citizenship to law-breakers, but they want to discriminate against law-abiding gay American citizens. They bring in all kinds of money, while ignoring the hungry family that lives less than a block from the church.

I have always found it ironic that especially here in the south, christians talk of the end times. I see bumper stickers that say "In case of rapture, this car will be unmanned." I look at people like this the same way I do illegals. They think that they can do whatever they want, even ignoring "the law" that they are supposed to abide by, but at the same time they shout "I am better than you" and think they are entitled to changing our laws to fit whatever agenda they have, even though it removes freedom from other people. I want a bumper sticker that says, "In case of rapture, can I have your car?" It's just sad that as a non-christian, I live a MORE Godly lifestyle than most christians I know, yet I am the one going to hell.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I live a MORE Godly lifestyle than most christians I know, yet I am the one going to hell.
    I get that!
    I've never been a bad person but I see bad by others supposidly "church goers."
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast