Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He had the gall to tell me I wouldn't find any church that didn't support illegal aliens.
    Ya, my Dad and ministers told me I'd burn in hell. But then I read a scripture that said God wanted you to bring people to God, but not through THREAT or co-orition (sp?) Kind of like respect out of beating people through submission. But because they WANTED to. There is a difference.

Funny, coz I was thinking about our gun rights. Where in our state they want to make it so difficult, only a few could comply. But the CONSTITUTION said without pressure and some other words I don't remember......but it's NEVER a free choice if there's no viable option. God wanted people to do whats best, not because they were forced to do it, but because they WANTED to.

Kind of like the FORCED volunteerism. It's not volunteerism if it's mandated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    It always amazes me at the groups who want to demonstrate such kindness, heart, and generosity with OUR TAX DOLLARS! They get all the benefit. We pay all the costs! If there was a law that those who benefitted from amnesty must pay the costs (schooling, medical, etc), I wonder if there would be such enthusiasm??

In fact, they almost make it out like these are "exciting times" for Christians. I'd prefer a diffrerent form of excitement rather than that of my country going down in flames - but hey, at least I'm prepared more and more each day.
    That was my Dad.....excited. But he died, so he's not here to deal with it. I'm not that "good" I guess.....coz it scares the heck out of me. But I do know one thing.....it has ingnited some fires in me where I know there's something alot more important than following the sheep to the slaughter. Hey, I'm a terriorist, a radical......who'd have thunk that?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It always amazes me at the groups who want to demonstrate such kindness, heart, and generosity with OUR TAX DOLLARS! They get all the benefit. We pay all the costs! If there was a law that those who benefitted from amnesty must pay the costs (schooling, medical, etc), I wonder if there would be such enthusiasm??
    It's always better when you can dictate what others should do.....the test comes when it's out of your own sacrifice. If it's all that wonderful, let them sponsor a family. How about that as an answer? If you want to fund and support a family, they get amnesty. If not.....they go!

DJ
    I heard Dennis Prager on the radio the other day discussion the philosophy of liberal politicians. It went like this:

Person A talks to Person B about how awful Person Xs life is and what they can do to help! Their answer is to find a way so that Person C pays all the costs so that Person X has a better life! Doesn't that fit? I've read that in general, liberals give far less in donations to causes than do conservatives--they just spend their time figuring out how to force tax payer money to go to THEIR causes.

I believe in religion and think in most part its a good thing however some organized religions are much like politicians looking for the plate to be passed around. What i wish fot the church leaders to explain how many should we allow to come in, at what point would be enough to satisfy their greed for additional monies. Do they believe the American taxpayer can feed and provide for the world when it is clear with loss of manufacturing, outsourcing, and nation building we are destroying our country and these fools keep yelling more.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Furthermore, I do not believe churches should practice politicization of governmental issues. If I wanted to join a political organization I would pick one whose platform I agree with and not get roped into one because I want to go to church.

This makes me so angry.
    I do not agree with their stance on this issue and I do not like being packaged into a pro-amnesty establishment. I will never forget this as long as I live. I will definitely pursue my religious faith somewhere else.

ELE

Disorganized Religion means NO Religion.

I laugh when people talk about not believing in organized religion as it seems then that they much prefer disorganized religion (which is, in my opinion why we have so many problems in our country). Smile

Church's are made up of imperfect people, like me, so I don't believe that salvation lies in any particular church but in the word of God and through his son. Perhaps finding the right church can help a person develop their knowledge and love of God but if a person can't find a biblically based, loving church, they can still read the bible and work to be a good Christian.

I will never forget the words of my grandmother. When I was in elementary school in WV, every Saturday we would get the doorbell rung by some missionary group wanting to read Bible passages with us. As my grandmother, a Lutheran who happened to read the Bible in three languages, always told them: I don't need a lawyer between me and God.
    When I read the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, I prefer to contemplate and think for myself. I really don't need a minister or priest to tell me what to think. Nor do I need to listen to their interpretation of the lessons to sway me politically.

ELE

The word of God is under attack.

ShockedinCalifornia, I feel badly for you but admire your courage in stepping out of the church. I live in a Santuary City and the majority of the church's here support illegals. So I am not attending church right now, either. They can not be a biblically based church if they support illegals.........and I don't want to be misled. Sounds like you are in the same boat?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast