Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Invasion is a reasonable fear.
    Xenophobia is defined as an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers.

Good Point!

That is not freedom. When people FEAR to express what everybody is actually already thinking, we are all under totalitarianism. Mental imprisonment.
    Amen.

Those who are apologists for the Invasion seems to be doing some weird kind of repentance for past behavior. That's the best explanation I can figure out, based upon the religious groups that have gotten into the fray and the supposedly moral arguments advanced by them.
    Very true, which is why I think much of our society has some sort of death wish. This type of 'repentance' didn't appear just for the illegal aliens. Look at what Alex Solzhenitsyn (who spent years in the gulag) said nearly 40 years ago as the Soviet Union was taking over much of Southeast Asia and killing millions across the world.

Now in the West this has all turned into an accusation against the United States. Now, in the West, we hear very many voices saying, "It's your fault, America." And, here, I must decisively defend the United States against these accusations.

I have to say that the United States, of all the countries of the West, is the least guilty in all this and has done the most in order to prevent it.
    http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/ ... 5&month=09
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Americans, on the whole are the most generous people on the face of the planet.

That's a fact.

If we were not generous and compassionate this travesty would never have gotten a foothold. We would have send them packing when they first began coming -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican Invasion is a reasonable fear.
    Thats the understatement of the year! Welcome to ALIPAC by the way.

I got chewed out for sounding racist on some of my first posts here, so I am probably one step away from being banned also. I call it as I see it also and if that makes me racist in some peoples eyes, then so be it. I just dont give a flyin-you-know-what about anything else but my beloved country and culture anymore. I am one PO'ed American about this!!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dexter11,

Your link is to a letter to the editor of one unknown person named Kance Keys, who bases his "argument" on one homely example that may or may not be typical.

A hundred years ago, we would be reading about the "Irish invasion" if this forum was around then. Irish people were treated worse than anyone. And how many of us have Irish blood in us? More Americans today have Irish ancestry than the population of Ireland. The whole thing is, we want the cheap labor of Mexicans, but we don't want to actually give them the respect of citizenship. Being a citizen isn't as easy as it was for the Irish or Italians. All they had to do was show up and be healthy and willing to work. Now it is not so easy. My belief is that if an immigrant is able and willing to work in our country, with a job, then he should be granted citizenship. There are enough citizens of our nation, that were born here, that don't do half the work of the average immigrant. We need productive citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLeft
    dexter11,

There are enough citizens of our nation, that were born here, that don't do half the work of the average immigrant. We need productive citizens.
    Where are you getting these facts from? Will you please provide us with substantiated proof of this hostile and anti-American claim?

Studies, data, ANYTHING other than your overinflated, anti-American, pro-illegal immigration RHETORIC would be appreciated.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Ask yourself this
    When France was being invaded during WW2 , Were the French racist and xenophobic for not welcoming the German invaders?

Same thing thats happening to us , only with out guns and bombs

Ummmm...
    Forgive me for not joining you in being all cool and anti-PC...
    But... uh...

That is a pretty substantial difference, isn't it?

Try to imagine a war with weapons and fighting and stuff... you know, a war.
    Now imagine one without guns and weapons and fighting and stuff...
    Would that really be a war?

No.
    And this is not an invasion.
    It's a problem, yes. But not an invasion.
    If you want to be taken seriously, perhaps you should drop the sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLeft
    dexter11,

Your link is to a letter to the editor of one unknown person named Kance Keys, who bases his "argument" on one homely example that may or may not be typical.

A hundred years ago, we would be reading about the "Irish invasion" if this forum was around then. Irish people were treated worse than anyone. And how many of us have Irish blood in us? More Americans today have Irish ancestry than the population of Ireland. The whole thing is, we want the cheap labor of Mexicans, but we don't want to actually give them the respect of citizenship. Being a citizen isn't as easy as it was for the Irish or Italians. All they had to do was show up and be healthy and willing to work. Now it is not so easy. My belief is that if an immigrant is able and willing to work in our country, with a job, then he should be granted citizenship. There are enough citizens of our nation, that were born here, that don't do half the work of the average immigrant. We need productive citizens.

First of all, we did not have 38M Irishmen illegally sneaking over our southern border. What do YOU call it when 38M Mexicans and Central Americans illegally break into our country and make themselves at home??? I call it an illegal INVASION!

You talk like citizenship is something we should give away like a free sample of chewing gum! The only reward for those 'hard working' illlegals is a one-way bus ticket back to Mexico with a little jail time to teach them a lesson! The last thing they should ever get is CITIZENSHIP!!! Keep Mexicans in Mexico and we will all get along!

And here's another idea for you...return all illegals to Mexico and have them register with their government if they want to work here. If we need extra workers, we will call you! If we need workers they would be given a one year work visa and no families would be allowed to come. We all know that Mexicans are just here for the money and freebies so in this way they would be making 10 or 20X the amount of money in one year that they would have made in Mexico. After one year, they would have made the equivalent of 10 or 20 years of work in Mexico. They could all live very nicely on their American dollars! It's a win-win for the US and for Mexico.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Guns or no guns, we ARE being invaded by people that we did not invite here and who have literally broken into our country.

Say we grant them all amnesty. Then what Mrs. Left? Do we keep letting people in from all over the world? How long do you think we would last if we did that? Please tell me where you pro-illegal folks would draw the line? If you had to make the decision when to stop letting people into the US, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    dexter11

Welcome to Alipac

the link does not work on the article
    Works for me Jim.

One of the highest rated articles I've seen in the Times-News in a long time.
    Thanks works for me now

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast