Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    JohnB,

That's what the staffer in Sen. Hatch's office told me. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with him and asked specifically about parents and siblings. He could have misunderstood my question, but I don't think so.

And if we don't SEAL the damned BORDER FIRST, it could be 10 million.

Legal immigrants are some of our best ALLIES. There are more than 120,000 members on that website. They have not made any statements in favor of illegal immigration that I can find

I was refering to the Immigration Portals site, when I was talking about possible allies, not COSA. The Cosa kids are not legal immigrants.

The CoSa kids, while they talk about being with us against illegal immigration, are the ones who posted the HR4437 vote on Immigration Portals looking for support on the NO vote. I would not consider that being with us.

While I do have some sympathy with the Cosa kid's plight, having been brought here as children when they had no say in the matter, they are still illegal. They would have to really convince me they are not in the pro-illegal alien camp for me to support their position to accept special circumstances in their cases.

The people on Immigration Portals are LEGAL or applying for entry LEGALLY. These are whom I am refering to when I say they are possible allies. They are generally very well educated and they are going through lots of legal battles to come here or stay here LEGALLY. What more can we ask of them?

As far as I can see on their site, they are NOT advocating support for illegal immigrants. It was COSA that posted an anti-HR4437 voting call over there.. And the regular posters on Imiigration portals virtually ignored the Cosa post. All those who answered the post were from Cosa.

We may feel irritated that there are so many taking over American jobs, but that is the fault of OUR government listening to OUR companies who want always cheaper and more easily controlled employees. Also TATA and we know who loves TATA in the US. These people are doing everything they can to respect our laws and go through the proper channels. It is not JUST to attack them. If there are too many legal immigrants,(AND I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT) we need to get that changed in OUR government, not pick a fight with LEGAL immigrants.

I hope I have clarified my point.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I'am fed up completely with the united states being the dumping ground for immigrates. if we allow immigrants into the country it should be put to the vote- by the people- not by some congressional rep who is being lobbied by the state department and the cia - who will make any deal just so they can have arms and spies- assma bin laden was created by the CIA-
    what about the millions of poor americans who are forgotten in all of this? wouldnt they make great allies too? Let's lobby them! I've had enough bad experiences with legal immigrants-from slum lords to the elite classes who exploit foriegn workers - including people from their own country-
    My list:
    One Finnish slumlord
    Two Canadian Doctors
    One Hindu-Indian computer programmer
    One Bolivian woman
    an Iranian couple
    One English woman
    I could go on---- but I have only two minutes left

The people on Immigration Portals are LEGAL or applying for entry LEGALLY. These are whom I am refering to when I say they are possible allies. They are generally very well educated and they are going through lots of legal battles to come here or stay here LEGALLY. What more can we ask of them?
    I've browsed through some of their posts but I don't have time to read over a million posts. I'm not so sure they are legal. The DREAM group and the group on drivers licenses have an awfull lot of posts and pretty much the only ones they apply to are illegals. Besides, unless you are an immigration lawyer, most people wouldn't understand half the other post.

I find that many LEGAL immigrants as myself are against strict immigration laws because it hits close to home. I'm not the only one who becomes anxious around anti-immigrationists.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

I'm not the only one who becomes anxious around anti-immigrationists.
    OK, group. IS this an anti-immigrationist group? I've heard many complaints posted on this forum about being mislabeled as anti-immigrant when we are anti-ILLEGAL alien. And now there are posts approving of several verbal attacks on legal immigrants.

Cant have it both ways - If you are anti-immigrant, perhaps you should refrain from complaining when you are called by that name.

Daydreamer, if you are not here legally, YOU ARE NOT AN IMMIGRANT. Your immigration status is "illegal alien". The word immigrant implies a legal entrance.

You and the rest of the kids at Cosa are VICTIMS of the LAXITY of immigration law enforcement. Had the law been enforced as it should be, you never would have been brought here to exist in limbo. A tighter and well-enforced law will help STOP just such tragic human consequences.

You and your friends' predicaments are the very proof of the need for well-enforced laws. Big business profits from this little covert "wink, wink" type of refusal to enforce our laws. it is racketeering and nothing less We CANNOT accept our laws being disrespected. To do so is to give in to the forces of racketeering and mafia rule. To do so is to allow more young lives to be put into a state of political limbo.

Thelma, why would you want to call Americans who join our cause "Allies" ? Allies implies a seperate group different than one's own group in some fundamental way, but joined to your group in pursuit of some common goal.

I would not consider any American who joins us to be seperate from us. Therefore, I could not call them allies.

Americans joining the cause ARE US - they are not allies.

John, do you really think it is fair to judge them illegal because you dont have time to look at every post? Information on licenses IS needed by legal immigrants. I teach at a language school and I have seen many cases of legal immigrants being put through all kinds of hoops for the simplest of things. Trips to Canada to fulfill some loophole to renew a visa from outside the country. Hassles about the lisence even when all the paperwork is in order. You dont know what kind of rackett our government has made immigration law into until you experience the process. Then they'll turn around and play the "wink, wink" game whenever it suits their purposes to get cheap controlable labor.

There is hardly anything wrong with providing guidance to these people who are going through processes that can be very difficult, confusing and expensive.

Being an ESL teacher, I also know how angry many legal immigrants are about illegal immigration. There is alot of energy we could be tapping to help us. Some of posts on the LAIR site have been made by my students wanting to chime in even though they didnt feel comfortable enough in English yet to post in English.

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

slyvia - you used the word allies in your post- so I used it within the context of the thread - not because I am big on the word Allies - to me it is a world war II word- and not one I use much- like comrade- .

I was sharing my own opinion- as an american - that I didn't want to get on any bandwagon celebrating immigrants -
    Okay? The group of people who are most hurt by illegal immigration and legal immigration are the vast pool of the poor and the working class in this country-
    overcrowding in oregon can be directly attributed to illegal immigration- all the californians are fleeing and half of mexico has come here.
    I'am sorry - but when people decide to move here they have the option of knowing that immigration is horrible -

I use the word ally in this case because it is a word that distinguishes between the status of the Legal Immigrant and the US Citizen even within anti-illegal activism.

I am setting them in a seperate group by my use of that word. They can be a help to us, and many WANT to be. My students have asked for Senate phone numbers so they can make calls. (and as legal residents, they have the right to call Senators). Why throw away that HUGE number of possible supporters just to have the brief satisfaction of picking a fight with a LEGAL immigrant. They are almost NATURAL Allies. They are damaged in so MANY ways by the presence of illegals.

American Citizens should always come first, and I am 100% in agreement with you on that. I would like to see the requirements for citizenship brought back to a true proficiency in English, knowledge of our history and civics, and renunciation of every other alliegance. It should not come cheaply as it now does.

But whose fault is it that the entire concept of citizenship has been so cheapened? - those cheap wh*res in Washington who think to sell American Citizenship to the highest bidder. As a teacher I have seen the poor requirements that now pass for a citizenship test and I have been outspoken in protesting it.

If you have ideas for helping to reach out more to the American poor, I will work with you to help get it going, as I am working with you on the Boycott agenda. Steve had some great ideas about giving out applications to Americans.

I truly hate seeing our people out in the street, losing their homes while illegals are buying properties. I hate getting nearly run over by illegals in brand new huge trucks, while I drive the same old hoopty.

My own teenagers are without jobs to finance their extra expenses because illegals have taken over the jobs our teens used to do to get started in work experience. The construction trades were traditionally a great place for a young man to get summer work - but no more - not unless that young man is illegal and speaks Spanish.

These trepidations are caused by the ILLEGALs and I am 100% against their being here. OUR FIGHT IS WITH OUR OWN GOVERNMENT.

DCSA I made it clear I am legal, do you want my Alien # to check up on it with USCIS? Should I give you my mothers maiden name with that?
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

Even as a legal immigrant I feel uneasy with the anti-immigration talks, be it anti legal or illegal. My dad legalized under 245i, and as a minor at the time, I was a beneficiary of his petition.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast