Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm really sorry to hear that attitude here. I thought I was in a group against ILLEGAL immigration. W seems to think it isnt neccesarily the same person.

I am surprised to hear you all approving of this. Legal immigrants are some of our best ALLIES. There are more than 120,000 members on that website. They have not made any statements in favor of illegal immigration that I can find. Yes, the COSA organization posted the VOTE over there asking for a NO vote. The post was virtually IGNORED except by their own cosa people.
    That is a large group of potential ALLIES. They are going through all the legal channels and sometimes those can be very convoluted. There are probably MANY who would be irritated by the people pushing up to the front of the line.

Yes, we have too many H1 B visas and the outsourcing. But tell me WHOSE FAULT IT IS WE HAVE SO MANY? You are shooting yourselves in the foot.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Banned
    DcSA,

I'm in total agreement with you on this one. I found this over at cosaonline this morning.
    Inquisitor,

You make a very good point to ALIPAC.

[quote:24b38pnb]
    we are the only friends you will get on this side. we agree with you on many things. we are willing to make a deal. heck, we are willing to give you sensenbrenner tomorrow and get DREAM in october. and perhaps the guest worker program should wait. we are also the most assimilated and have the most potential.
    [/quote:24b38pnb]

I think these DREAM kids COULD be allies, they're certainly the 'best and brightest' of the bunch, and college students are certainly not out gang-banging with MS-13. I wonder how they feel about MEChA? Maybe they'll come over and tell us. Nick 18 doesn't mind visiting.

I agree that the US has too many immigrants. But I also agree that it is our own fault. As far as legal immigrants, I'm thinking that we should declare a moratorium on any new ones but that isn't likely to happen. However, raising the number of legal immigrants is definitely not the answer.

Overall, for starters, I'd be tickled pink to see the borders closed to illegals once and for all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    I'm really sorry to hear that attitude here. I thought I was in a group against ILLEGAL immigration. W seems to think it isnt neccesarily the same person.

I am surprised to hear you all approving of this. Legal immigrants are some of our best ALLIES. There are more than 120,000 members on that website. They have not made any statements in favor of illegal immigration that I can find. Yes, the COSA organization posted the VOTE over there asking for a NO vote. The post was virtually IGNORED except by their own cosa people.
    That is a large group of potential ALLIES. They are going through all the legal channels and sometimes those can be very convoluted. There are probably MANY who would be irritated by the people pushing up to the front of the line.

Yes, we have too many H1 B visas and the outsourcing. But tell me WHOSE FAULT IT IS WE HAVE SO MANY? You are shooting yourselves in the foot.
    We can not really say for sure who the person is who posted about the H1 visa people, members here are not restricted from participating in other fourms and a moritorium on legal immigration is not on the ALIPAC platform.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    DcSA,

I'm in total agreement with you on this one. I found this over at cosaonline this morning.
    Inquisitor,

You make a very good point to ALIPAC.

[quote:hghqa0hh]
    we are the only friends you will get on this side. we agree with you on many things. we are willing to make a deal. heck, we are willing to give you sensenbrenner tomorrow and get DREAM in october. and perhaps the guest worker program should wait. we are also the most assimilated and have the most potential.
    I think these DREAM kids COULD be allies, they're certainly the 'best and brightest' of the bunch, and college students are certainly not out gang-banging with MS-13. I wonder how they feel about MEChA? Maybe they'll come over and tell us. Nick 18 doesn't mind visiting.[/quote:hghqa0hh]
    I see your point but they are still illegal aliens. The DREAM Act is an amnesty.

Stop immigration? I think not. Then again it could be my IMMIGRANT bias.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

John, I have to agree with you there. We can't start picking and choosing which illegal aliens we will help because that WOULD be discrimination.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    T get HR4437 passed and guest-workers off the table it might be worth the swap for 65,000 college students.

Well....NEVER MIND.....SHEESH!!!!

The DREAM Act has a 6 year life span, meaning all illegal students 6th grade and above would be eligible so long as they don't drop out. It is estimated that 65,000 eligible students would qualify this year. Of course that figure will go up each year, but until I look at Census data I couldn't begin to guess how high. It would allow the parents and siblings to stay and apply for permanent status, as well. It could well total 3-4 million people. I don't think I could go for that. I'll try to break down the numbers more accurately later, I'm still calling Ga. Reps. and not getting any answers.

Yeah, we're talking a lot more than 65,000.

It would allow the parents and siblings to stay and apply for permanent status, as well.
    I'm not so sure on this. I don't think they are included in the deal.

Stop immigration? I think not. Then again it could be my IMMIGRANT bias.
    Daydreamer, not permanently. Just put a moratorium on it until we can get this mess worked out. They keep upping the number of legal immigrants while all the time we can't sort out who's legal or illegal. If NONE could come for awhile, it would give them a chance to figure out who's who among those already here, wouldn't it?

I thought you were a legal resident of the US? I'm not saying anything about the ones already here legally being deported--jut NO new ones.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast