Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My proposal

Tax them at a rate that would make it cost prohibitive for them to stay, say 85%. That would leave them about as much money as they make in their own countries...

Ah hell...let's just make it miserable for them when they come, so they become the best form of advertisement and tell their friends, "Don't go it's miserable for us illegals up there."

Re: Sorry - but there are jobs in this area that Americans w

Quote Originally Posted by gr8ncrn
    NOT do. The next time you bite into fresh produce, you best know that it was probably migrant farmworkers that hand picked them. I do not know about your area, but here, Americans will not pick veggies in 100 degree weather from sun up to sun down for 6.00 an hour, with no workers comp. no benefits.
    I do not want illegals to mooch here, but facts are facts - in this area, the American will not do farm work. They prefer to meet the mailman.
    Many Americans like myself enjoy gardening. I often pick my own vegetables from gardens and field sales.

Less time for gardening and picking produce for most of us now since most Americans are too busy working two jobs for less wages than ever while paying the taxes and debt created by illegal aliens!

Thirty years ago a family could make it off on one wage earner. Now, two wage earners wont get you what one income used to.

If I had things my way, I would be picking my own vegetables everyday!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: My proposed solution:

1. Allow the illegals to work - they seem to appreciate the opportunity to perform jobs that Americans do not want to do - BUT mandate that the employers provide group insurance and mandate that the illegals participate - for all of their family members - or collect a medical tax from all illegals.
    2. NEVER-give a person that enters this country illegally citizenship and the right to vote.
    3. Never give automatic citizenship to infants born in this country unless one of the parents is a citizen - not just a legal resident.
    4. Every illegal should be fingerprinted as part of the worker ID program, and use that fingerprint for identification purposes. If it works as Disney, it can work anywhere.
    This is BETTER than the President's Guest Worker Program.

NOT do. The next time you bite into fresh produce, you best know that it was probably migrant farmworkers that hand picked them. I do not know about your area, but here, Americans will not pick veggies in 100 degree weather from sun up to sun down for 6.00 an hour, with no workers comp. no benefits.
    I do not want illegals to mooch here, but facts are facts - in this area, the American will not do farm work. They prefer to meet the mailman.
    in 100 degree weather from sun up to sun down for 6.00 an hour, with no workers comp. no benefits. That's not much money for a temp. job.

I was born and raised on a dairy farm with 380 acres. from age 7, my 2 brothers and myself run the milking machines, worked the fields, planted, harvest and cut the, (field)corn,bailed the alfalfa and hay, filed the silos and cleaned the gutters. my Mother and sister took care of the vegtable garden, canned the food and maintained the house. In between we went to school. No summer Vacation, no weekends off. Most of the nieghbors did the same. If it was`nt for Corperate Farming I`d still be doing just that and most of the ones that farmed would too. I look back a take pride in how "everyone" did their share in making a living.
    I drove by the farm 4 months ago and noticed it was up for sale. It`s tempting.
    I enjoyed worked as a kid, unlike the later generations.
    ------------------------

Banned
    The low illegal wage is a big part of the problem. Employers, including farmers, have gotten used to paying 'bottom-of-the-barrel' wages and are resistant to increasing them to attract more Americans. Do we even know how much wages would need to be increased to attract Americans? Have we tried it? While this would slightly increase food prices, it would be worth it knowing that more Americans were employed. And, while we think the low wages paid to illegal farm workers may translate to low food prices, there are all kinds of extra hidden costs to taxpayers such as the free medical care and education for illegals. Bottom line, that cheap head of lettuce is not as cheap as we think.

that cheap head of lettuce is not as cheap as we think.
    But,,,,,,,,,,,,the ones selling that cheap head of lettus and others like it, can only raise the price so high if they want to sell it before it rots.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Richard, I think the idea of employing incarcerated Americans is a fantastic idea. For one, it would keep them busy, out of trouble within the system; two, it would give them a way to start paying off their criminal debts to the courts and their victims, as well, it would make sure that those farmers had their workers they so badly need, and American ones to boot!

Just think, these men and women could gain some life skills, learn to work for what they want, or have done, and gain some pride in themselves. It would have vast benefits for all.

Then the farmers would not have to scrounge for criminal invaders to pick their crops, thus, they would not be aiding and abeting them.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some prisons already do that. Angola Prison has it`s own farm.
    ------------------------

you say it right there. $6 an hour is equal to a high school kid at a fast food restaurant.... sometimes less. Most of those farms are corporate or 'large' farms which get rich off of subsidys. We call them "Queens" in the midwest, and you best believe they are worthless.

DONT EVER SAY AMERICANS WON'T DO THE JOBS. IT IS EMPLOYERS WHO WANT 'WAGE SLAVES'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast