Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Prisoner idea sounds good on the surface...

but in this state, our prisoners can not be made to work outside when the temperature exceeds 92 degrees. My family has NEVER been able to stop working because of temps greater than 92, but our prisoners are protected.

Most farmwork is done in the summer when the normal temps are greater than 95. I ride by the fields and see the migrant farmworkers running with baskets of produce to dump it in the collecting vehicle - in the heat - while the local welfare recipients hangout at Walmart.

This is such a complicated issue. I really think that farmers that bring these workers here should be responsible for their healthcare. It is bringing American healthcare to it's knees.

And now - enter the greedy trial lawyers - they have found a gold mine in the illegals. They are suing everyone. Lets just make a start here - DO NOT ALLOW AN ILLEGAL ALIEN TO SUE ANYONE. IF ANYONE SUES - THEN VERIFY CITIZENSHIP OR DEPORT.

BUT.... how do we verify citizenship. These illegals have more id's than Carter had liver pills. We must initiate a fingerprint system. If one mexican has a medicaid card - then they ALL have one. I have seen it happen many times in health care - you never know who you are talking to or treating.

We`ll set up fingerprinting booths along the border with signs in spanish telling them to leave their fingerprints as they enter.

All jokes aside:

I heard today that there will be 25 local police officer taking 5 weeks of training to identify and screen illegals and pick up the slack for Ice.
    ------------------------

Re: My proposed solution:

Hi gr8ncrn and other readers in this message thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8ncrn
    jobs that Americans do not want to do
    I posted this a long time ago and it's probably purged off the website by now.

I personally know a guy who used to SCUBA dive in the sewage treatment plant in order to locate leaks. Of course, he decontaminated himself afterwards. This has got to be one of the worst and most dangerous jobs on the planet. He is a US citizen, and he's proud of his work. Getting shot at is another jobs that Americans do.

The Republican Party, the administration, and the US Senate disgraced itself with their "jobs that Americans won't do" propaganda campaign. This kind of statement is highly offensive to firefighters, to soldiers who put their lives on the line, to every veteran that ever lived, and to most Americans. I challenge politicians who promulgate this kind of dispicable talk, to go to Corrigidor, to Panmunjom, to any National Cemetary, and make this statement. They'll succeed only at reducing themselves to the dirtbag level of John Kerry. Well, they already have.

Welcome to the ALIPAC website,
    Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I just repainted my whole house because I could not find a
    contractor who would promise to use legal workers. I
    swore I would do this after my tree cutter filled my yard with
    illegals. It took me some time to find a roofer who used an
    American crew but I did and he actually gave me the best
    price & did a great job.

All the other crap we are fed is because businesses want to
    increase profit margins. I'm convinced prices don't go down
    except for technology changes (moore's law). Even if I did
    not believe it was true, i would rather do without than dishonor
    our laws.

Perhaps there are Americans who don't want to do jobs they
    consider menial. I figure if our kids in Iraq can do the heavy
    lifting, my part here is easy. The other pukes don't deserve
    to be Americans & should crash a country where they can mooch
    off the system like the illegals.

I do not want illegals to mooch here, but facts are facts - in this area, the American will not do farm work. They prefer to meet the mailman.
    I don't know where you are but I assume you are probably near the border.

I think it is nonsense to think that Americans won't do those jobs. Chances are, where you are, just like where I am, those jobs are never offered to Americans. Americans can't very well do jobs when they aren't offered the jobs to begin with. And it is entirely possible that now that this has gone on for so many years that Americans would refuse to work with the illegals or for the people who blew them off to hire illegals.

As for your comment about Americans preferring to "wait for the mailman" there is a solution for that, too. Toughen the requirements so that any able bodied person has to work before they can apply for supplemental income or benefits taken from the taxpayers.

In all honesty, I have no quarrel with the growers hiring seasonal laborers from across the border on three conditions:
    1-- the laborers go home when the harvest is in rahter than be allowed to wander off to find another job.
    2-- the growers assume full responsibility for the laborers' actions while they are in this country as well as their medical care. And part of that responsibility is to put them back on the same bus they came over on and take them home when the crops are in.
    3-- the laborers are ONLY legal applicants for jobs in this country who have had all the physical exams necessary to prevent them from giving any more people e-coli, TB and other obnoxious diseases.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Economist say that if the field workers salary was doubled the price of produce would not go up that much. I would pay a LOT more produce that was not picked by illegals. I'll bet most of you would too. An added benefit is that it would be less likely to be contaminated.

First thing we need to remember - someone was doing these jobs BEFORE the illegal invasion. There have always been illegals who came here, worked a while and went home - but not in the numbers they are now. I saw Americans put out of work so the illegals could be hired, and other than collect welfare, there was little else for them to do. These Americans were willing to do the jobs and were doing the jobs.

Fresh produce is very expensive in our area. It is pretty much out of reach of most people - so we wouldn't be loosing much there.

Also, much of our produce is imported -

AS someone else has pointed out - the total cost of that head of lettuce is not reflected at the checkout stand. There is the increased cost of health care, auto insurance, crime, education (and the detrimental effect it has had on the education of our children). The list is very long.

Also pointed out, without subsidized (by taxpayers) labor, the farmers would look into mechanization for a lot more of the work. The way it is now, why would they. They can get this labor, with subsidization, and they don't have any responsibility for them. They come, work, then are sent on their way. We are the ones paying the price.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The sticking point...

While it's not possible to simplify the immigration flap, we can address its components point by point.
    Regarding "amnesty'- it's unacceptable. However, we need to deal with that issue constructively and with realism. Try this.
    Allow properly screened, non-criminal illegals to go to the end of the application line, pay all back taxes, pay a fine equivalent to the usual cost of application, pass whatever exams are in vogue and await their turn. This makes their eventual citizenship subject to the same process as always.

Re: The sticking point...

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie
    While it's not possible to simplify the immigration flap, we can address its components point by point.
    Regarding "amnesty'- it's unacceptable. However, we need to deal with that issue constructively and with realism. Try this.
    Allow properly screened, non-criminal illegals to go to the end of the application line, pay all back taxes, pay a fine equivalent to the usual cost of application, pass whatever exams are in vogue and await their turn. This makes their eventual citizenship subject to the same process as always.
    Great idea Freddie!

I support it.

Let them go to the back of the line which would mean returning to their home nations, filling out the applications, waiting for years behind those that are doing things the legal way, pass the criminal and medical checks, and pay the fees.

Yes, illegal aliens should go to the back of the line and perhaps we will see some of them again five to ten years down the road.

I'm starting to believe we should increase the price of citizenship though and make sure we enforce any visa holders or guest workers to get them out quickly when their time expires while prohibiting them from buying property in the US.

The new price of citizenship should equal the existing national debt on each baby born in America today of approximately $30,000.

W

Hi Freddie, welcome to Alipac. See you've been doing a some thinking about illegal immigration. Let me identify where we are and get a little understanding.

Allow properly screened, non-criminal illegals to go to the end of the application line
    This application line exists in many countries of the world. In order to get at the back of this line and enter the country in turn legally it's necessary for illegal aliens presently here first to return to their homelands. Are we in agreement?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast