Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I've taken care of warring gangs in the ER... you would NOT want to be in there for something so simple to take care of now. And does everyone know, truly know first aid and have a really good kit put together? Sorry, can't help it.
    You are a WONDERFUL person, Pat, and I am grateful that you have found us here. Anyone that hasn't put together an EXTENSIVE first aid kit is asking for trouble, anyway. Why pay a hospital bill if you can take care of it yourself? Sutures are easy if you've ever sewn a patch on a pants knee.

Curiouspat, as a nurse, would you agree that many of the diseases that are re-emerging in this country have a direct connection to illegals entering? Bird flu, IF it actually arrives, will probably be brought by illegals. Geez, there are so many problems with illegal aliens that my head is spinning.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

KickEmOut, the point I am trying to make is those in control of our government now are to be held accountable for their actions. If amnesty makes it through, there is no one to blame outside of those who have the power in their hands at this moment to end this invasion of our country.

They must know we are not dumb enough to blame another group NOT IN CONTROL. They must know we are not going to accept excuses.

They must vote NO for amnesty or move to Mexico themselves!!

Dianne

diseases

KickEmOut,

re disease influx, sure!

Earlier today, there was a news story thread ' Demonstrating for Germ Warfare. Since I'm not sure how to use this quote thingy, I'm just copying my response for you.

Yep, We in Miami have people coming from all over the world, including Haiti, and 3rd world areas of many countries, bringing in what this nation strived so hard to get rid of. And our hospitals are overcrowded also. It is well known in the islands, Central and So. America, that if someone is really sick or injured, that if they fly into Miami International Airport and take a cab directly to Jackson Memorial Hospital (our tax supported county hospital and Level 1 Trauma Center), that, BY LAW, they cannot be turned away, and have to be given aid. Oh the problems we see and have to support. Although my heart goes out to ANYONE WHO IS HURT OR ILL, we cannot support the entire world. We are constantly receiving requests for donations for the International Children's Fund. Did you see the story (I know the poor child made national news) about the girl from Haiti with a HUGE tumor growing on her face. The medical care is so expensive and then there's the living expenses - these are very long term cases. The Good Lord forgive me, but I find myself wondering if they go back.

And good for your husband for trying to protect his family. Give him kudos from me!

If you read my post on, 'Ok, call me cruel, but I can't help myself" pg 2, you'll understand me and why I feel this way. I can't get help for my disabled daughter, yet anyone else from another country can get help (and yes, I know they need it!). And my daughter, worked from the time she was a teenager, AND paid taxes. NOT FAIR, and makes me very angry.

Deedee & Ismith1338, My girls had to have proof of immunization, also. I don't know how it's done, unless they get immunized here, on our taxes, or have forged papers. I think they should do TB testing on every child, prior to letting them on school grounds. I know that the media announces TB outbreaks from time to time.

Am I wrong to want to protect MY HOME - America?

Ok, now re Bird flu. It might or might not come by illegals. Might just arrive on a plane with a businessman or tourist who doesn't know he's sick yet. HOWEVER, you did see, I'm sure, that our President, in his plan for Pandemic Flu, will shut down air travel, but WON'T close the borders cause it might upset them. HUH? Yet he'd quarantine (which if done correctly is important). If it does happen folks, self quarantine if possible. BTW: ABC has what's supposed to be a good Bird Flu movie on Tues. night at 8pm. Might be worth seeing. You see, if I was a terrorist who could easily get in from Mexico, and was willing to die, .....
    you get my meaning, I'll bet. Then, if admin thinks it's a worthwhile thread, we could discuss it.

This is exactly why I consider illegal immigration to be a security issue!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Re: My SISTER Reporting Violence/ATTACKS

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran

"Kurt, I never thought I would find myself saying this because just a short while ago I would never have entertained the thought. But I'm telling you, we are going to have a war here within our borders. If you could see the way they behaved in the schools on May first, you would understand."
    Kurt
    I'm just thankful school is almost over. I've never considered myself a liberal -- I'm very conservative, but I was always a bleeding heart and believed in my fellow man. I think it has to do with living in a small country community where neighbors could depend on each other. Let's just say I had a rude awakening -- city folks weren't so kind.

I hope your sister reports the threat the police, that way it will be documented.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

first aid

Thanks PineStrawGuys,,

I really appreciate all of you and your help. I'm so new at this I feel a little uncertain at times, yet you can see I do have strong opinions...right or wrong!

I think that our citizens are going to HAVE to become self reliant. Think of Katrina. Natural disasters are another reason to 'be prepared' but I'm probably preaching to the choir here. And don't listen to the party line...researchers who know, are minimally prepared for a month.

Another thing...if Pandemic flu hits, the large amount of absenteeism MIGHT cause power outages. (After Hurricane Wilma hit us, I had no power for 2 weeks.) Do you have a PRINT OUT of your telephone numbers for your contacts? Thank God I thought of that and printing out my bank statement, immediately before pulling the plug for the duration. Cash. And a home medical reference book? Remember, that you might NOT be able to get online......Oh NO, email and aliipac withdrawal

Sorry, I get carried away on emergency prep. I lived (and worked the ER) through Hurricane Andrew. Learned a lot. 'Nuff said.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat

started stockpiling canned goods, dried goods and canned dog food. Gotta get another gas cooker -- my sister left a brand new one I bought out in the rain and said it wouldn't work, it never made it to my house.

After Katrina I realize I need a cot, sleeping on the floor in front of the back door wasn't very comfortable, the floor is rough on old bones! I couldn't even get a cup of coffee for 3 days until Hardee's opened up.

haven't thought about the medical supplies though, but that is a very good idea.

one thing that a friend of mine did when he left town during Hurricane Ivan, he took out his harddrives on his computers and took them with him, that way he didn't have to worry about taking all those computers.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

While discussing "survival" provisions, I thought it a good opportunity to provide a shameless plug for ham radio.

Communications ability is one of the most overlooked aspects of a good preparedness plan. Sure, you can buy a cheap CB or one of those FRS (Family Radio Service) radios or even a GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) radios which are perfectly fine for short distance local communications. But cell phones - they'll be gone when a national emergency hits. Internet? Forget it in most cases - it will be spotty at best, totally useless at worst.

Alternative energy sources for communications is also an extremely wise investment. Buy enough solar panels to operate short-distance communications equipment as well as long-distance communications equipment such as HF (High Frequency) transceivers. Wind power is also an option if you have enough space to put one up. City dwellers won't have the luxury to put up a tall tower and wind generator atop it.

Many folks assume that just because cell phones and internet have arrived means that ham (amateur) radio is a dead issue. In actuality, it's the opposite and it's importance has literally increased in our current climate.

While we still use the "old technology" of HF communications (bouncing radio signals around the world off of the ionosphere layer in the atmosphere), we have also been building a coast-to-coast digital relay network similar to the internet, called HSMM (High Speed Multi Media) where emergency data, sound and video can be transmitted digitally through the national network from a laptop computer in your vehicle. It is going to prove even more capable than most internet capabilities as many of the relays are being built with alternative power such as wind and solar.

We have also launched our own satellites and we are now capable of sending signals through these satellites with low-wattage radios which are then repeated and scattered all across the Northern hemisphere. The International Space Station has also been equipped with ham radio gear and you can literally communicate with those on board the ISS while also using the station to re-transmit your signals over the entire Northern hemisphere. We are eternally grateful to NASA for permitting us to install such a radio station on the ISS.

We also have APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System) which consists of a GPS receiver with NMEA serial data connection jack, a specialized modem called a TNC (Terminal Node Controller), a radio and a laptop computer. The GPS receiver is plugged into the TNC which parses the data stream from the GPS receiver and turns it into a digital packet of information. The TNC then keys a radio and sends your position report over the air locally. The signal then goes to what is called a digipeater which is generally located on top of the highest point in a region and then repeats your signal over a large geographic area. Anyone with a similar setup in their vehicle or on their person can then look at the map and see where other local ham operators are currently located.

Further, we have IGates (Internet Gateways) which funnel those position reports onto the internet where station locations can be looked up online at websites such as findu.com For example, if you enter the station callsign N0IHC (that is a ZERO in there) in the "CALL" form and click "Find", you will see where that station is currently located anywhere in the world.

This is, of course, only the beginning. The capabilities of THIS form of communications in the event of a national emergency has not been duplicated by any other civil radio service aside from government and military. The small amount of effort to obtain a GENERAL CLASS ham license most certainly will reward you for a lifetime when it comes to the next "life and death" situation where communications could have made the difference between either-or.

I highly recommend your obtaining a GENERAL CLASS ham license, buy yourselves a good VHF ham transceiver for local communications as well as a good solid HF transceiver now while you still can. It will be the fourth wisest investment you could ever make aside from Food, Water, defense and first aid supplies.

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

My standpoint, we will take anyone we can get even if it is a liberal!
    Just teasing Kurt, this is America we are free to take whichever path we choose. Sometimes though we have to pay the consquences of that path.

I am a smoker, I have always said there is nothing worse then a reformed smoker,(actually I think it just makes them furious they don't feel free to do that anymore and if they can't do it they don't want anyone else to either), as far as trying to push their views on smokers! Just look and see what they have acompolished with all their lobbying, now I feel like an outlaw every time I light up outside. There are all kinds of laws now about where you can and cannot mostly, smoke anymore, even as to where you can buy those cigarettes.
    What I am trying to say here with my wonderful gift of words lol is maybe what we need is a lot more reformed liberals to help us carry this fight of ours! God knows what would happen then. P.S. Kurt, Nittygritty is thankful your sister was not hurt in her altercation with those "kids" it could have been a whole lot worse we all know that!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Not to worry nittygritty. I took advantage of the fact that she has taken a few steps back on this violence. I took "the video" over to her house tonight to show her "the rest of the story" as to what is behind the recent violence. After the video was over with, she gave me a nice hug and told me she will be telling others. She IS on our side now, though it might be too late for a political resolution of this matter, it's never TOO late to stand up for your country. I'm following ALIPAC and the Minutemen in a last-ditch effort for political change on this, and let us hope it ISN'T too late!!!

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast