Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I might be verging on going OT here, but, I have heard of one or two local news reports (Portland OR) that said that there were 2 arrests of protesters yesterday.

I have a request for information logged with the Portland Police public information officer. I'll post anything I learn back here as well.

Oh, also - I've seen local news footage of some of the unruliness that *might* have been part of the problem, if I can find a copy or a source I'll be sure to post that back here too.

Update - Here is the response I rec'd from the PPD Public Information Director:

"There were a total of four arrests yesterday that you could say were May Day related. The first two occurred when a group of bicyclists blocked traffic in Northeast Portland yesterday morning. They said they did it because it was May Day. Most got tickets but two decided to interfere with the officers and were arrested. During the afternoon march one person was arrested after he was caught spray painting on a building and I am told one more got arrested for blocked traffic off the permitted route. "
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

riot coverage

fnc or fox news cable and it will be on again through night

[size=18]hannity % colmes is covering the la rior in about 5 mins.....[/size
    msnbc
    and scarsboro covered it ]
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Protest by illegals!

William said:
    I see the message. Thank you for recording all that you can. Let us know if
    you need some assistance getting the vids up on youtube.
    William, thank you. Also I thought that was such a good idea of yours to get documentation, so you have the actual facts.I could not say anything until I could see if I could get the video done .For my new DVR was not connected to my computer yet. Here is the link.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8iHUNneM6ho
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

The narrator in this video definately has it all wrong. After listening to the police radio in another thread (http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=62155), the police were being hit with rocks and bottles and some of the crowd lit fires to a pile of trash and a tree. Yet this narrator called the demonstration 'peaceful'. What a friggin liar, or he's terribly misinformed. If the latter, then he has no business reporting the news. Friggin media sucks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now it` completely turned around. The police are being accused of "unnessisary roughness". What ever the Illegals did is being ignored.
    ------------------------

I said this on another thread

Three words: Ramos, Compean, Hernandez.

April
    mkfarnam wrote:

Now it` completely turned around. The police are being accused of "unnessisary roughness". What ever the Illegals did is being ignored
    Outrageous considering that it was reported in the LA times that 15 police officers were injured. These men were doing their jobs. Illegals and their supporters will stop at nothing to appear victimized. IT is GETTING real OLD!

April wrote:
    Outrageous considering that it was reported in the LA times that 15 police officers were injured.
    That was misleading. It was 7 LAPD Officers.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    PhredE, I bet the ones on bikes were part of Tom Potters anarchist bicycling group. This is something they like to do, whiz in on their bikes and cause trouble and then act like they are being vicitmized.

These people are ruining downtown Portland. We were trying to cross the Burnside bridge on Sunday evening going eastside, and this group of them came buzzing in front of us, in the car lanes, making us nearly have to stop completely in the middle of traffic to avoid hitting them. They do this kind of BS purposely and if one of them gets hurt, then they try to make this whole issue about it being about too many cars and no rights for bike riders who are saving the planet.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456