Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is Not My America Any More.

Perhaps I am getting to old for the fight, have suffered one to many defeats and despairs at a government that seems to betray us as the Middle Class at every step of the way, but I find myself this evening in a dark and dismal place, a place where America seems no longer to be mine, no longer the country of the Great American Dream.

As a young man, I grew up in the hay days of affirmative action...that was a tough one, but I understood it. It's hard when you are barely 20 and being told that certain good paying jobs are not available to you, that the federal government has dictated such and such a company needs to hire minorities to fulfill their quota's...it was rough, but I understood it, believed it was for the best and made do the best I could. I had in my own small way stood up for civil rights, believe in equal rights for all, and felt this was the price I had to pay for living in America, the GREATEST country in the world.

When I made just enough money NOT to qualify for assistance with college tuition, I took it in stride, and kept moving on. I would be in my mid forties before I ever earned a college degree, but that was a price I had gladly payed, did not regret my choice in playing by the rules even if at times they seemed stacked against me, stacked in a way where it was never quite MY TURN.

I lost friends and relatives in the Vietnam War, supported the protestors in their call to bring our troops back home...I did this, because I believed then, and believe now that our politicians had tied one hand behind the backs of these fine young men and women, not really letting them go all out to win the war, and secure the peace. That same feeling exists deep within my heart today as I watch the daily news on Iraq and wonder why Bush is allowed to continue sitting in the oval office.

In the past two years, there has been one scandal after another breaking in the news and then being just as quickly swept under the carpet as Republicans close ranks and stop any attempts at meaningful investigations that would show us as citizens the ugly truth. Yet, I still tried to believe, thought it would all work out in the end.

Until the late 90's I lived on 40 acres in the woods of South Eastern Ohio, so was somewhat insulated from the problems eating away at the very fabric of America. Today, living in New York I cannot run away, I face the ugliness of the decay each and every day. Today, I feel as if something has shift, or pehaps broken would be a better word. I am numb, angry and full of despair, and even worse feeling a deep seeded HATRED trying to hurdle it's way to the surface as it fights to see the light of day.

I got a press release in this morning's email...seems the Nuclear Regulatory Agency (that has been lying to us all along) has just admitted that high levels of Radioactive Materials are now in ground water near our beloved Hudson River...the levels are THREE TIMES those allowed by National Standards for safe drinking water. I took it in stride and continued on with my day. This afternoon I read some news articles on Frist and his two faced lies on immigration and felt further betrayed by a government that no longer seems interested in a country run for and by the people as politicians sell out to special interests, and whatever cause they think improves their odds of getting re-elected.

The last straw was Hilliary tossing her full weight behind granting some 15-20 million illegal aliens Amnesty and American citizenship...tell me, is this why over 2300 of our soldiers died in the desert sands of Iraq? Were over 16,000 of our nations finest maime for life so that America's middle class could be destroyed in the name of Mexico and Presidenti Fox?

I may be wrong, but think if this legislation passes, think if Amnesty is created, and the president gets his wish of a guest worker plan that we are on the verge of our own civil war, on the verge of once again seeing rioting in the streets as the middle class erupts...if it happens, I will be there standing up for what little my government has not stolen away from me as they rob us until we are dead and in the grave.

America is no longer mine, the government no longer deserving of my patriotism, or my allegence to it's flag...they have abandoned me, and millions like me in the Middle Class and it is time now to draw that proverbial line in the sand and prepare to stand and fight for what America is supposed to be, instead of what it has become.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I may be wrong, but think if this legislation passes, think if Amnesty is created, and the president gets his wish of a guest worker plan that we are on the verge of our own civil war, on the verge of once again seeing rioting in the streets as the middle class erupts...if it happens, I will be there standing up for what little my government has not stolen away from me as they rob us until we are dead and in the grave.

America is no longer mine, the government no longer deserving of my patriotism, or my allegence to it's flag...they have abandoned me, and millions like me in the Middle Class and it is time now to draw that proverbial line in the sand and prepare to stand and fight for what America is supposed to be, instead of what it has become.
    I totally agree with you, Pinto Bean. The last few administrations have turned our country into a foreign land. It's not the America I remember growing up, it's headed for the worst possible scenario and I have 2 grandchildren and another grandson on the way, and I hate to think about what kind of place this will be by the time they are grown . I don't think the American people are gonna lay down on this issue, however. With the help of my heroes, Lou Dobbs and Tom Tancredo, we can win this one, just like the Dubai Ports deal. It's time to get fired up, folks, they are getting ready to destroy our country and I for one, am up for the fight
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Re: This is Not My America Any More.

Quote Originally Posted by PintoBean
    You are not alone in these feelings.
    Both my husband & I are immigrants; we have always done things by the law, our families waited in line to come to the USA legally, we paid our taxes, raised our kids, worked long hours to achieve our dreams, brought up our children to love and respect their country. In more than one occasion I corrected my children when I heard them say "I am Hispanic", no you are not Hispanic, I would tell them, your mother is Hispanic, you are an American.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Let's be real.....we are being out flanked!

Just a few minutes ago someone made a post here saying that the illegals are going to have a quarter of a million marchers in LA this weekend, and perhaps A WHOLE LOT MORE...what are we doing....writing FLIPPING LETTERS and making phone calls to staffers who barefly make minimum wage, and are there to do nothing more than insulate the politicians from their constituents.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

IC:

You are a perfect example of someone I EMBRACE! You played by the rules, worked hard and attained the American dream. You have taught your children to appreciate their heritage, but to celebrate their being Americans. You deserve our help and our loyalty because you came here LEGALLY, and for that I salute you.

For those who came and are coming here illegally. Our constitution gives us the right to own and bear arms, and by my way of thinking, we are getting to a point where it may have to come down to that if we are going to preserve America as what it should be, rather than what corporate profits and bottom lines are turning it into.

Pinto Bean

Thank you, Pinto Bean, I deeply appreciate your words.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Excellent post, PintoBean, and I agree with you.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

When millions of illegals MARCH , it shows america how many there are out there. They cannot legaly VOTE, so its GOOD to show America what is happening.....Did you think it would be an easy fight?

We are moving on this issue, just a little slow. In the END they cannot win. We are importing the uneducated, and the economy will not last. the infrastructure has to be PAID for, and its not being done, - Property TAXES are rising so Americans can pay for illegal immigration, hospitals, schools, etc... If illegal immigration was so GREAT, it would PAY FOR ITSELF...it doesnt........

In short, the NUMBERS do not add up. What does add up is that American Employers want CHEAP LABOR, payed for by YOU.

It simply cannot last.,...

Look....it adds up....THE MIDDLE CLASS IS LAZY, no one wants to be inconvenienced, and Washington knows this. So, the illegals march, and in the end are going to get what it is they want, which is citizenship as this nation slides ever closer to becoming a THIRD WORLD NATION as our politicians vote on the side of industry and cheap labor pools.

Yes, I get it...WE DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE MOVING SLOW, BUT WE ARE because most of us are too damn apathetic to get off our FAT ASSES and take REAL MEASURES TO STOP THIS. The call of the day seems to be, "Let someone else do the work of stopping this, I have STUFF to do."

You look at some of the GREAT Things this nation has done, and it HAPPENED BECAUSE OF MOVEMENTS, it came because masses of us stood up as a united front and demanded change. Well, the illegals and Mexicans are standing up, and WHERE ARE WE? You want to know why they are winning, and WE ARE LOSING...it's right there, we are NOT PLUGGED IN, we are NOT A MOVEMENT, we cannot even organize a real march because of APATHY. As you said, we are moving slow.

With Specter's bill about to pass, this message board should have a scroll rate of THOUSANDS OF POSTS A DAY, money should be rolling into William in the way of donations with notes saying...DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, and COUNT ME IN...trust me, the scroll rate isn't even at 1,000 posts a day the past few days, and I guarantee you that the donations are NOT POURING IN....we can barely get ten people on here on this board that are willing to stand up and say, "Let's MARCH". Sorry, that is PATHETIC, and very saddening.

I started a thread last week wanting to discuss trying to put together a march. I created a private message board so that plans could be made without the other side knowing what we were up to. Posted a message encouraging people to private message me, or send me and email to get the link to that board so that we could start the ball moving....I GOT ONE PERSON who requested the link, one person who cared enough to go to the board and sign up for the discussion....OUT OF OVER 5,000 MEMBERS HERE! You wonder why the illegals are WINNING!

What ever happened to TRUE ACTIVISM? What ever happened to us starting a plan, and then each of us tells four of our friends who tell four of theirs, as people join the movement, form car pools and start figuring out how in the hell they were going to get to Washington, even if it ment they had to hitch hike to get there! I guarantee you...you go out to any state in American and get on the interstate with a small cardboard sign stating you were trying to get to Washington, DC to protest against illegals, and the truckers WOULD GET YOU THERE, and by the time you arrived, you'd probably have a CONVOY of them who had decided to join in the MARCH.

Bush is in the White House because of Apathy...his core group of voters showed up, ours did not, leaving the job to be done by SOME BODY ELSE.
    Well, here's a REAL CLUE...the Mexicans are getting it done, and if this goes through, they GAIN THIRTY MILLION VOTERS, and guesss what, the LATINTO AGENDA IS NOT OUR AGENDA! Their dreams for the direction of this country ARE NOT our dreams and directions for this country, but we are about to hand it all to them on a SILVER PLATTER.

The most action I have seen from this board so far is participation in some meaningless strall poll to get THEIR MAN on the top of the heap in the March Madness poll....NOW THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN ALL BE SO PROUD OF! As Kerry said in the last Presidential Election, "We can do better than that."

The question is though...well we?

It's up to you all, individually and as a group...there is strength in numbers, but that means we all have to stand up, be counted and most important of all, START PLAYING AS A UNIFIED TEAM.

Ic0130, you are a great American !! Many Americans have a heck of a lot of places to figure out what the heck "they are " !! Where does it end ? It's insane, wrong and maybe even some sort of human right violation to insinuate that Americans are all from some other country. Many Americans don't even know what their background really is because it goes back so far. Some people don't care, some people don't have the time or interest to research their family tree to find out. Many people, like our family have several different places where we could say we are from. What are we suppose to do, pick the one we like the best ? That's what a lot of people do anyway. Those of US who believe we are "Americans, nothing else" deserve to be respected. This is rediculous the way the pro-illegals want to say, "we're all immigrants" Yes, we should know our history and learn our history, but that does not take away the fact that we are Americans and that we have every right to claim ourselves to be 100% American.

Thank you, Ic0130 for raising an AMERICAN family with great pride !!

PintoBean said:
    America is no longer mine, the government no longer deserving of my patriotism, or my allegence to it's flag...they have abandoned me

PintoBean, oh YES America IS your country. It always will be. I promise.
    It may be in a crisis as a result of being so beaten, used and abused, but it is still YOUR country. And no matter what happens in the future you will still stand by your country, and you will work hard to YANK out of office those who disrespect and trample over your rights as an American citizen.
    Election day 2006 and election day 2008 you will know that America is very much your country and always will be.

WASHINGTON DC IS ABOUT TO GET A TUNE UP, COMPLIMENTS OF "THE AMERICAN PEOPLE"

AND ALL THE OLD AND WORN OUT PARTS WILL BE PUT IN THE TRASH BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE GARBAGE BELONGS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast