Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by imsur-cuz-urlic
    After reading everything here are my thoughts

1: America as we know it today was built on the idea of equality, so why is it that you believe that americans have more rights?
    2: The reason that you have not mentioned that Americans are loosing their jobs and "Illegals" are taking them is because "Illegals" come here for a better life and they are willing to work for whatever is given to them no matter the price, whereas many americans nowadays believe a job is a right, not a privalege.
    3: I am against illegal immigration, but instead of fighting it why can't we find a way to work with it, and make it easier to immigrate?

My last question to every member, how many of you have put yourselves in their shoes?
    May I respond?

1. Americans are protected by the US Constitution because our forefathers have fought and died to give us these rights. Persons coming into the US illegally have the "right" to be deported.

2. The reason Americans are not willing to work as slave laborers is because they cannot afford to work for wages which cannot cover their living costs. Americans must pay for their own healthcare, cost of schools, food, housing, delivery/labor costs for childbirth, etc.

3. Migration? I assume you are talking about legal migration. I see nothing wrong with that.

4. Have I put myself in "their shoes"? No I have not and do not want to. But neither have I put myself in Bill Gates' shoes. I certainly would like to but have a feeling I wouldn't be able to get past his security.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    imsur-cuz-urlic,

You asked...
    1: America as we know it today was built on the idea of equality, so why is it that you believe that americans have more rights?

The Bill of Rights applies to the citizens of the U.S. The idea of equality under the law is an American institution. You must understand that the most significant part of that sentence is the phrase 'under the law'. Illegal aliens are OBVIOUSLY NOT 'under the law', so those 'rights' don't apply.

2: The reason that you have not mentioned that Americans are loosing their jobs and "Illegals" are taking them is because "Illegals" come here for a better life and they are willing to work for whatever is given to them no matter the price, whereas many americans nowadays believe a job is a right, not a privalege.

I'll not apologize to you for the attitudes of American workers, there is no apology required. In the America we had before the 'invasion', a decent job paying a livable wage WAS a right, albeit less than 100% obtained. What gives a foreigner the right to come to a country that is NOT HIS, and take that 'rightful' job from an American citizen?

3: I am against illegal immigration, but instead of fighting it why can't we find a way to work with it, and make it easier to immigrate?

Easy answer? It's against the LAW!

But even if it WASN'T, I'd still not want someone from another country to come here and take my job because they could whore themselves out for less money. I don't need the economic competition. I'm not willing to live 10 to a room, and as an American citizen I shouldn't have to.

My last question to every member, how many of you have put yourselves in their shoes?

I've been as close to their shoes as I care to be. I work full time and still need food stamps to feed my kids. But the suffering of the world is not my immediate problem. The United States has been giving away BILLIONS of dollars to help the rest of the planet, how much more will be enough? When we ALL have no shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    imsur-cuz-urlic,

I've been as close to their shoes as I care to be. I work full time and still need food stamps to feed my kids. But the suffering of the world is not my immediate problem. The United States has been giving away BILLIONS of dollars to help the rest of the planet, how much more will be enough? When we ALL have no shoes?
    It's at times like this when I have to count to ten, even twenty before my fingers dance across my keyboard. Perhaps one of the most amazing things about this issue that saddens me, is the total lack of respect those here illegally have for us and our lives, as if in some fashion their desires should supercede ours and we should willingly accept it and be marched off to the ovens.

Much like you, I have been on that other side of the tracks, have worked hard for everything I have, and I'll be DAMNED if someone is going to come here and steal it from me without a fight, and if that means I have to fight Washington to keep what I have, I'll fight the good fight with my last dying breath.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Banned
    "They'll take my keyboard when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers?"

I feel you, Pinto.

More than you know.

70 years ago, my parents lived just like poor Mexicans (in Mexico) live today. My mother (a white woman) picked cotton. My father hunted rabbits to have some meat to eat. Their homes did not have running water, central heating, or toilets. Myself, I grew up like the average middle class Mexican of today. I worked in the fields, built houses, rebuilt an old car to drive around. We have been "in their shoes". Did we invade another country and take from other people in order to "have a better life"? No, we worked hard, obeyed the laws, got educated, and made a better life IN OUR OWN COUNTRY. Many Americans have been in the situation illegal aliens now find themselves in. The illegals need to stay in their home country and build a better life for themselves there. Even if they never are able to have a new SUV and split level surburban house doesn't mean they are entitled to steal it from Americans. Show me in the Constitution where everyone in the world is guaranteed "the American Dream". Or for that matter even where Americans are guaranteed it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1. America is built on equality because of our laws and system of self governance. We believe that Americans have the right to determine who comes into our country and how because it says so in the US CONSTITUTION. Americans have more rights than illegal aliens inside America because the law is written that way. Illegal aliens are not supposed to be here, they do not have the right to a job, they do not have a right to medicaid, and they do not have many other things reserved for American citizens. It's clear as night and day.

2. Yes, and if the illegals keep pushing down wages we will all be desperate enough to work all day for a chicken sandwich. Americans have earned the things we have built such as a 40 hour work week, child labor laws, health and safety laws, and a decent wage. Why would we want to throw that out the door for someone that does not respect us, like us, or respect our laws and nation?

3. I'm against Burglary, drug dealing, assault, murder, theft, prostitution, and polluting the environment, but I have no desire to "find a way to work with it or allow it"

Have I been in their shoes? I've been flat broke and hungry. I've been on the very edge of homelessness before. I've worked in landscaping, I've worked in construction and done drywall. I've waited tables and cooked in kitchens to pay my way through college. I've lived in high crime areas where we had to go hand to hand with thieves and crack heads to defend ourselves and our property. I've lost friends to the perils of poverty and lost friends that were murdered. One friend of mine was killed over a 10 dollar debt. Along the way I never thought to break the laws of another nation. I never made the decision to take from my neighbor or engage in other illegal acts because I was poor and in need.

W

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    I see it everyday in my hometown, illegals not only taking over, but actively breeding at astronomical rates, for the purpose of reconquering America and turning it into a Mexican nation. Everywhere I go, I see every Mexican woman of child bearing age with a double or triple stroller full of babies, with another dozen kids behind in tow,
    Here in CA we call them Tribbles, after the Star Trek episode.

Banned
    Now, you got to admit, THAT was FUNNY!!!

Tribbles...

Several members here have already made excellent rebuttals to your questions. Please allow me to confirm and/or add a few more comments.

Other members have explained here the differences between LEGAL versus ILLEGAL immigration, and I cannot think of anything better to add. They’ve said it all and well.

Others here have explained to you that Americans are losing their jobs to illegal aliens, having their wages and benefits depressed, and cannot live on minimum wage nor live NOR WANT to live 10-20 people to a single family home or trailer.

While I was growing up a long, long time ago, my father worked for the same company in a “white collar” job for more than two decades. One parent came from a modest background where they had a small farm to supplement grandpa’s modest job; the other was poor due to grandma being widowed toward the end of the depression years.

Back then when my father started his main job; companies were more loyal to their employees. We were considered never more than middle class but my parents were thrifty and Dad earned enough where my mother never worked outside the home after my brothers and I were born. Back then, it was much easier for just ONE PARENT to work and provide the income for an entire family, own a home and one or two vehicles without borrowing up to the wazzo. The company provided health care at their cost for all members of our family. Back then; companies didn’t normally lay-off/fire long-time and loyal employees for a cheaper new college recruit, a foreign worker on a visa, or an illegal alien who would work for less.

Dad retired early and in the early 1990’s and it’s good he did because by then companies – including the company he worked for - were starting to or increasing their “early retirement” programs to get rid of the older, longer-term and more expensive employees. Through my parent’s careful savings and a pension that I believe isn’t affordable or offered much anymore to dedicated employees, my parents live in a comfortable – certainly not rich – but comfortable retirement. They are seniors and are not now nor have ever been a burden to taxpayers for welfare including health coverage.

This middle class life my parents lived was hard earned, not given to them on a silver platter. The first few years of their marriage were lean; they lived the first year after my birth with one set of my grandparents. I was told my initial crib was a laundry basket. When Dad was still going to college in the early years they lived in a tiny apartment. We moved frequently and their second residence was also a tiny apartment. They had to scrape and save. Any house we ever lived in while I was a minor was never more than 1,800 sq. ft. and usually smaller with one or 1 ½ baths and there were five of us. I wonder how many bedrooms and bathrooms Bill Gates palace has???

Have I ever worked jobs the open borders lobby claims an American wouldn’t do? Yes! Right after receiving my 2-year college degree I could not find a job in my chosen field. I worked part-time jobs as a maid cleaning hotel rooms and as a short order cook/cleaner-upper/cashier. In college I took whatever cafeteria hours I was able to get serving and dishwashing. I worked my first job at age 15 as a waitress in a dumpy place; next jobs while still in high school or before college because I took two years after HS before attending college were: part-time cashier (checkout chick), store clerk/stock shelver, busgirl/hostess at a resort and low-level factory employee getting my hands dirty. I'd do these jobs again, even at minimum wage and if that was all that was available.

Now to my adult life: Former hubby has worked for the same company for 21 years. He was lucky in the early 2000s to not be laid off with several other employees (I’m lucky too since this would have hindered my receiving child/spousal support.) The company was steady and loyal to its’ employees for a very long time but then started laying off, downsizing and they have foreign interests and offshore too. This is probably one of the few companies left in America that still pays the comprehensive medical/dental/eye health care premiums for not only the full-time employee but for the spouse and all children too. I lost my employer-paid health care coverage when the divorce papers were finalized.

I believe the issue of LEGAL versus ILLEGAL immigration has already been covered. If not, please go back and read the entire thread. As far as making immigration in general easier, check out my signature line on overpopulation. Americans do not want the massive overpopulation and ensuing poverty such as India, China, Bangladesh, Pakistan or a number of other third world countries run by corrupt governments who hog the wealth and resources from their own poor people have. For further comments on too many people, I’ll reply to your last question below.

This should have been listed as question No. 4. Have I ever put myself in THEIR shoes? Well . . .

I’ve never been poor enough to actually not have a roof over my head or enough food to eat. Still, I definitely do not live a life of luxury – now or in the past - such as some corporate and political wealthy elite in the USA and abroad do by sucking the money and livelihoods from the poor and middle class of their countries to line their own pockets further.

Four years ago, I became a divorcee and single parent through no choice of my own. My household income is approximately 1/4 of what it was when married, perhaps even less as I do not know how many raises the Ex may have had since splitzville. Instead of applying for welfare, I'm draining my IRA account. This has to stop and for starters I'm applying for Medicaid. I cannot look for employment right now because of a health issue. I did work full-time for many, many years, paid taxes and also huge tax penalties from early withdrawals of retirement savings. I do not want competition for welfare from people who are not American citizens. It ain't right and it ain't fair.

Another reason I as an American citizen resent the illegal alien invasion is because of all the anchor babies. Please read my signature line on overpopulation. As someone who married in my early 20’s but was married for several years before getting pregnant, I have little sympathy for women who pop out babies they cannot afford. My firstborn was a surprise despite birth control but definitely a happy surprise. This delay on getting pregnant after several years of marriage was A CHOICE because we weren’t in any hurry to have kids; birth control comes in handy – yes it does – most of the time. We both wanted to wait until we had some savings; I for one didn’t want to have to return soon after giving birth and stick an infant in a daycare. I worked with and/or heard about women having to return to their jobs sometimes as early as six weeks after birth or they’d lose their jobs. Daycare is no place for an infant but sometimes couples have no choice. My extended family lives hundreds of miles away so grandparents or others were not available to baby-sit. Sometimes that extra income is needed nowadays even though daycare and other expenses not to mention that many wives as second breadwinners still hold jobs that pay less to begin with eat much of what the wife earns. Plus, during my childless working years I worked with more than one business that was discriminatory toward female employees with babies/small children.

It’s very difficult to be employed – especially full-time – and be a full-time parent too. (Single parents especially have a difficult time juggling parenting with employment.) If the brats get sick too often and you have to take too much time off of work, you might have to kiss your job goodbye.

Well, I did have to seek employment and put my firstborn in a daycare when she was 15 months old. Our second child was born six years later and most of this delay was also deliberate. That is, responsible family planning, and I wanted to save money and be able to stay home even longer. That I did.

Therefore, since I practiced responsible family planning within a long-term marriage, I cannot really sympathize or understand women who have babies they cannot afford without using welfare. Both of the births of my children were covered by insurance and no welfare of any type was used even though money was very tight at times, especially when I was a stay-at-home-mommy.

Illegal aliens use hospital emergency rooms as if they were doctor’s offices and birth anchor babies in large numbers that they cannot afford. Not only are the medical birth costs in the thousands PER BIRTH, but also after these anchor babies are born, the illegal alien parents often suck American taxpayers by using Medicaid generously. Many USA hospitals are closing due to the unpaid costs of illegal aliens. Health care costs and insurance costs to American citizens are extreme and ever increasing to cover the unpaid costs incurred by illegal aliens. Many US citizens do not have health insurance and more are losing their health coverage every year.

Then there are other costs illegal aliens cost US taxpayers such as public education and various welfare such as food stamps, subsidized housing, bi-lingual this and that, etc.

The combination of jobs stolen, depressed wages and the fact that illegal aliens cost US taxpayers much more dinero than they fork out in whatever meager taxes they do actually pay, shows that they are hurting, not helping this country. Add to that the billions sent out of this country in remittances by both legal immigrants and illegal aliens every year to relatives in their home countries, and the picture for the future of America is bleak, indeed.

I don’t understand the logic of illegal aliens??? They want a better life than the one they had in their home countries. Yet, when they come to the USA by the millions, they are turning this country into a duplicate of their own. Soon, no one will have the American dream except the wealthy elite that has caused these problems. Where will illegal aliens be able to migrate too next once they’ve destroyed the USA? I hear Europe, Canada and Australia are fed up with illegal immigration and massive legal immigration too. Some countries are closing their borders and saying NO to all immigration.

Earth already ran out of space many years ago for everyone to have a prosperous life with enough resources such as food, water and jobs. Use birth control dang it and stay in your own countries and demand your elected leaders improve them and share some of the wealth they hog with you and your families. Don’t use the USA as a teat. There are plenty of poor and suffering American citizens too and, we don’t owe you anything.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Check this out. This guy has a great view on the whole issue. Definitely makes sense in light of some of the inane comments presented here!

[mod edit]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast