Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sis, with all due respect....what do you propose we do? This is the Congress which we have to work with. We cannot go down there on the floor of the House and the Senate and stand up for ourselves. We must find those who will represent us and get them to work with us.

I say we work on those who will filibuster and we work to get them to move closer to our stand. I do not see how alienating them will help us.

Also we know that WE must stay united. We cannot branch off from each other.

We have to make decisions and choices and then we have to give it everything in our power.

All I ask is what would you propose with the turn of events of the election and the fact that time is of the essence?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

So, you're willing to let the "Pence Bill" go thru without even understanding what kind of fire you'll be jumping into?
    My God, why in the world do you insist on twisting my words. You know good and well I don't support the Pence/Hutchinson plan. Please read what I typed again. You took the whole meaning of my words out of context. My whole point is, we don't always have the choice to choose between someone that toes our line 100% and someone that doesn't. Let me ask you a hypothetical question, if given a choice between Rep. Pence or Rep. Mel Martinez, who would you rather have? Just as I thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    AltruCt wrote:

Somebody help me out. What are we talking about here? What exactly is Tancredo saying about any of this? Is Pence saying that his plan is the official plan now? That by Tancredo and King endorsing him they are now supporting The Ellis Island Centers too? Or are we talking about something else?
    No, Tancredo and King are not saying they endorse the Pence plan by endorsing him. Their stance is Pence is better than the alternative (not his plan, but the person). Don't read too much into the obvious twisting of my words.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

if given a choice between Rep. Pence or Rep. Mel Martinez, who would you rather have? Just as I thought.
    Within the time frame I believe we're working within, what difference does the choice of losers make?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, one thing is for sure. WE must work together. WE must stay united. It's okay for us to rangle back and forth because we all have important points which no matter how unpleasant we must hear and consider. We must look at every possibility facing us and together we will make the best decisions.

I am convinced that it is our very unity as Americans that is the best hope for our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Well, one thing is for sure. WE must work together. WE must stay united. It's okay for us to rangle back and forth because we all have important points which no matter how unpleasant we must hear and consider. We must look at every possibility facing us and together we will make the best decisions.

I am convinced that it is our very unity as Americans that is the best hope for our country.
    Well, I'm OK Just knocking info around with my Brothers and Sisters.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you!

I thought y'all were saying Tancredo is endorsing the Pence plan.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    Thank you!

I thought y'all were saying Tancredo is endorsing the Pence plan.
    In light of him crumpling all up the other day, I think it is kind of assumed that's what is happening? At least for me.

Well, I'm OK Just knocking info around with my Brothers and Sisters.
    We have the most up to date, intelligent and informed Americans in the country here. We can agree, we can disagree.....all that matters is that before time runs out that we put it all together and that we push our well thought out and planned agenda through.

An agenda for the people and by the people and I do mean the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

MW
    2ndamendsis, let me attempt to put the Kean vice Menendez issue behind us once and for all so there will no longer be a need to highjack another thread on the issue. Please read:

ROBERT MENENDEZ
    QUESTION 6 RESPONSE
    Click here to read the full question.

Over fifty years ago, my parents left the only home they'd ever known and came to America in search of freedom and opportunity. They settled here in New Jersey.

My mother was a seamstress, my father a carpenter. My parents raised me to honor the value of hard work, respect my neighbors and take care of my community. They also taught me to always stand up for what is right. No matter what.

Today, in the U.S Senate, I stand up for each and every American — whether your ancestors came through Ellis Island, over on the Mayflower, or if you yourself came here to start a new life.

America has a proud tradition as a nation of both immigrants and laws. Unfortunately, our immigration system is broken. We need tough, smart, and comprehensive reform that preserves family values, keeps us safe, rewards hard work and sacrifice and benefits all Americans. I support Senator John McCain's legislation to enforce our laws, secure our borders and protect our national security.

I want an immigration policy that reflects current economic realities and respects the core values of family unity and fundamental fairness. I've voted to add thousands of Border Patrol agents and immigration enforcement investigators, as well as increase the use of aerial vehicles and sensors. I support toughening penalties for those caught evading immigration officers or smuggling people across the border. We must also crack down on companies illegally hiring undocumented workers — something that is long overdue. I support creating a temporary guest-worker program and a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants if — among other things — they pay a fine, learn English, undergo a criminal background check and go to the back of the line. Unfortunately, these sensible reforms were beat back by the right-wing Bush Republicans.

We must enforce our laws and secure our borders. In 2004, I helped negotiate Intelligence Reform legislation which contained tough, smart new measures adding thousands of additional border patrol agents, detention beds and Immigration and Customs investigators. The legislation criminalized the smuggling of immigrants - just as the 9/11 Commission recommended. Unfortunately, the Bush Congress — which my opponent longs to be a part of — chose not to fully fund all these tough measures to ensure our nation's safety.

It's not enough to only rely on enforcement. Over the past two decades, government has tripled the number of Border Patrol agents and increased the enforcement budget ten-fold. Despite these efforts, 12 million have overstayed their visas or are undocumented. Clearly, an enforcement-only approach — which Tom Kean Jr. supports — has not worked.

Yet, this myopic, single-barreled approach is exactly what my opponent says should be America's plan to deal with immigration. At least that's what he says now. Last Spring, Tom Kean Jr. called for a path towards legal status for illegal immigrants if they paid a fine — similar to the bi-partisan bill I voted for. However, just two weeks later — when asked if legislation should include deporting all undocumented immigrants — Tom Kean Jr. got back to the Bush-Cheney-Rove script he's relied on throughout the campaign and said "I think that should be included in the bill, yes."

Tom Kean Jr. supports legislation — pushed by the Bush Republicans — which makes a felon of anyone undocumented. This impractical "solution" would bring about the most massive roundup and deportation in the history of the world. The Kean Jr. "plan" is simply not possible due to economic impact alone. In fact, at current rate of deportation, it would take over 70 years to deport 12 million undocumented people.

The Bush Republicans' plan — which my opponent supports — would also criminalize citizens if they helped an undocumented immigrant in any way — even if they weren't aware of it. Anyone from a priest to a rape crisis counselor could be found guilty merely by providing basic services, food or shelter. This is simply contrary to America's values.

Fully securing our borders is impossible unless efforts include a guest-worker program and encourage immigrants to come out of the shadows and legalize their status. Many crossing our borders come looking for work. Most have committed no crime other than entering illegally. By coupling enhanced enforcement efforts with new immigration and labor laws, we won't only regulate how workers come into our country, but finally give our border and law enforcement agencies a fighting chance to fully do their jobs. We must create an equal playing field to make sure American workers' wages, benefits and health/safety standards are not undercut. We must secure our borders while modernizing immigration and labor laws.

Immigrants spend long hours working hard at jobs many Americans would rather not do. They contribute to our economy, provide for their families and want a better life for their children. It's in our best interest that they're able to participate and contribute to our society — especially with a 4.7% employment rate and a declining ratio of American workers to retirees.

Nonetheless, I believe undocumented workers — including those with children born in America — should be sent to the back of the immigration line. We can't create a system that would compel people to rush and have children so they can go to the front of the line. Those legally awaiting a green card deserve to be rewarded for following U.S immigration policies.

Four months ago, a Herald News editorialist wrote that my opponent "is beating the wrong drum...a U.S. senator from New Jersey or any other state should not be advocating limiting freedom and access to the American dream. Most New Jerseyans do not have famous last names, but they have an equal right to the American dream."

Tom Kean Jr. takes his talking points on immigration straight from the Bush-Rove White House — just as he does on every other issue. Tom Kean Jr. does not support common-sense reform. The only plan my opponent has is to unrealistically deport all undocumented workers. We need a comprehensive, sensible plan to reform immigration law that is safe, orderly, and reflects both economic realities and American values.
    As you can see, Menendez and Kean have very different ideas on how to deal with the illegal immigrant issue. By the way, you're the one that brought Kean and Menendez into this discussion, not I.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast