Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: President Trump and the Black vote

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No, I'm saying you apply the law equally. Are you telling me you don't know what that means?
    I believe it is. Could it be you're suffering from the "white guilt" syndrome that has been stoked by the liberal media for years?

The disproportionate arrests, incarcerations and shootings of blacks should come as no surprise. Their large representation among the prison population fairly reflects the proportion of crimes committed by blacks in the U.S. This is not evidence of institutional racism, but rather a social pathology evident within the black community. They have been committing crimes at the highest rate by far of any racial/ethnic group for decades.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

jtdc, what would being able to do math have to do with their race? What does being uneducated have to do with race?
    Where do you see "race" in my example of someone getting a job? I did not mention race. Race is a factor as it can indicate the amount of education they have. But if a white guy, a Black guy, an Hispanic guy or an Asian guy all apply for a job at Walmart, McDonald's, or most other employers, their starting wage will be exactly the same. NO RACISM! What jobs they are qualified for will determine the difference in the amount of money they earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    You think illegal aliens can do math? You think illegal aliens are educated? They get jobs.
    They get jobs because they are off the books. All legal citizens getting legal jobs, the employer has to have Workman's Comp insurances, withhold federal and state taxes, often have Medical coverage. So to compete with the illegals, they would have to work illegally. But that's harder to do when you aren't below the radar.

Blacks can do math quite well actually and most have good educations.
    Some yes, but many, No! When you average them together, how do the averages compare?

Oh, so you didn't actually see any black Americans tearing up the plumbing or the roofs of school buildings.
    No! You got me there. I didn't personally see any of that. But I did deliver to the schools where such repairs had to be made.

You're talking about Low Income Housing Projects, the inner city no income slave cabins.
    Watts and Compton are suburbia!

If you saw it after the fact, you don't really know who did the damage.
    I talked to the school personnel and contractors I delivered to. I'm sorry it is beyond your comprehension that these things happen.

These copper thieves and metal scrappers come in all colors and shades. I know this first-hand.
    So you are discriminating against all the other metals that are stolen?

Affirmative Action hasn't worked because most people cheated.
    Who? The students who would have benefited if they had studied rather than cheat?

Affirmative Action was sold to protect blacks from discrimination, but instead of protecting them, it sold them out to Hispanics, who are mostly Caucasian.
    I give up! You are pitting everybody against everybody.

Employers have to figure out how to comply with equal pay for equal work.
    As in my above example, show your evidence that companies like Walmart have different pay scales for different races!

Lack of jobs made many blacks dependent on government, same as white people on welfare.
    Yes, so it is not discrimination. When I was in the Air Force, many with me, regardless of race, joined because they couldn't find other work.

When employers stop cheating blacks and other Americans as well out of their jobs, there will be far less Americans of all races on welfare.
    Who are you referring to? The farmers? Consider plumbers. When I was young, that was a loser job. But because of the necessity, plumber ended up getting big bucks for dealing with your sewage. If farmers lose illegal aliens, they will have to pay people more money to work their fields. Maybe $30 per hour, plus benefits. Then it will be that or automation. They don't care about the color of the worker's skin, only that they get the work done.

Yeah, pretty much.
    WOW! So if there are a million murders in South Chicago, we should only prosecute 100,000, to be fair?

When you spend all your time in black communities enforcing drug laws, you're violating the 14th Amendment and the US Civil Rights Act.
    How? If you partitioned South Chicago, and told them to police themselves, who would they get? I suppose the gang members would become their police department. Many of the people there want police to clean up their city. But if it is a white cop, they don't want whitey bossing them around. If it is a Black cop, he's working for whitey. So they don't want that either. And any good Black cop probably want to serve anywhere else. So it requires outside help. But that help can't be timid!

Here's an article you might want to read:

Why Is The Opioid Epidemic Overwhelmingly White?
    Why? Many of these opioids are obtained through doctors. The street drugs come from pushers. Two different problems.

No, I'm saying you apply the law equally.
    So, if a million Blacks break the law, a million Blacks go to prison. If a million whites break the law, a million whites go to prison. But now, you want the ratio to be equivalent to the populations. But if Blacks make up 14% of the population and whites make up 86% of the population, you want 80% of the Black criminals to be let off, to be fair!

Oh no, I have no white guilt, no cause to have it. I have never viewed blacks differently than whites. I have never cheated them. I never thought they were lazy or couldn't do math or were uneducated. I don't believe they commit drug crimes at higher rates than whites and I'm not even sure they really commit any type of crime at higher rates than anyone else. I think they get caught, convicted and incarcerated more, even for crimes they didn't commit, and people who think like you do use those statistics to claim they're different, because they have some "social pathology" that makes them dangerous and scary. No, I have no white guilt at all. I just don't like seeing a group of people mistreated like this in our country, never did, thought it was all wrong since I was a little girl and saw an example of refusing to serve in a grocery store by a store clerk, and by instinct I stood up for the man. I was 7. And he got served .... by the Store Owner. When I told my parents, I asked why the store clerk would do such a rude thing, they looked at each and simultaneously said, "she's from California."
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    So, if a million Blacks break the law, a million Blacks go to prison. If a million whites break the law, a million whites go to prison. But now, you want the ratio to be equivalent to the populations. But if Blacks make up 14% of the population and whites make up 86% of the population, you want 80% of the Black criminals to be let off, to be fair!
    Your premise is off from the git-go. I want to end the War on Drugs so no one goes to jail for non-violent drug crimes. Until that happens, yes, you must put police officers in white areas enforcing drug crimes at the same rates per capita. That means you search whites in traffic stops the same as you do blacks. That means you search whites walking down the street looking for drugs. It means you do the same police work in white areas as you do in black communities. That is equal enforcement which results in equal protection under the law. Of course as soon as you start that, the Mayor will be fired, the police chief will be fired, and most of the cops will be fired. In order to preserve the War on Drugs you have to stay away from white communities or they'll legalize. But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, right?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't believe they commit drug crimes at higher rates than whites and I'm not even sure they really commit any type of crime at higher rates than anyone else.
    I believe they commit drug crimes at a higher rate than whites. So my belief cancels out you non-belief!

because they have some "social pathology" that makes them dangerous and scary.
    So we are all the same?

thought it was all wrong since I was a little girl and saw an example of refusing to serve in a grocery store by a store clerk, and by instinct I stood up for the man.
    Now, you apparently grew up in a different part of the country than I did. I have never seen that personally. I don't know how true it is, but my daughter went to Arkansas several years ago. She was surprised that when she went into a store, a Black man waited outside until she left before he went in. I didn't know that still existed in the whole country.

Your premise is off from the git-go.
    You provided the number!

I want to end the War on Drugs so no one goes to jail for non-violent drug crimes.
    It would be great if we had a cure, But we don't. So we must have some way to control such abuse. Rehab only works for those willing to be changed, But the yearning for the drugs will overcome many. It is true that rotting in a prison cell will not rehabilitate them either.

Until that happens, yes, you must put police officers in white areas enforcing drug crimes at the same rates per capita.
    So in a city with little crime, you must have police arresting the same number of people as a city of the same population with a high crime rate?

That means you search whites in traffic stops the same as you do blacks.
    Just like you advocate TSA searching kids and old ladies, to be fair?

That is equal enforcement which results in equal protection under the law.
    No, that's political correctness!

But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, right?
    News to me!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    Where do you see "race" in my example of someone getting a job? I did not mention race. Race is a factor as it can indicate the amount of education they have. But if a white guy, a Black guy, an Hispanic guy or an Asian guy all apply for a job at Walmart, McDonald's, or most other employers, their starting wage will be exactly the same. NO RACISM! What jobs they are qualified for will determine the difference in the amount of money they earn.

They get jobs because they are off the books. All legal citizens getting legal jobs, the employer has to have Workman's Comp insurances, withhold federal and state taxes, often have Medical coverage. So to compete with the illegals, they would have to work illegally. But that's harder to do when you aren't below the radar.

Some yes, but many, No! When you average them together, how do the averages compare?

No! You got me there. I didn't personally see any of that. But I did deliver to the schools where such repairs had to be made.

Watts and Compton are suburbia!

I talked to the school personnel and contractors I delivered to. I'm sorry it is beyond your comprehension that these things happen.

So you are discriminating against all the other metals that are stolen?

Who? The students who would have benefited if they had studied rather than cheat?

I give up! You are pitting everybody against everybody.

As in my above example, show your evidence that companies like Walmart have different pay scales for different races!

Yes, so it is not discrimination. When I was in the Air Force, many with me, regardless of race, joined because they couldn't find other work.

Who are you referring to? The farmers? Consider plumbers. When I was young, that was a loser job. But because of the necessity, plumber ended up getting big bucks for dealing with your sewage. If farmers lose illegal aliens, they will have to pay people more money to work their fields. Maybe $30 per hour, plus benefits. Then it will be that or automation. They don't care about the color of the worker's skin, only that they get the work done.
    No, on Affirmative Action, I'm referring to employers who cheated by employing illegal aliens and legal immigrants to fill their minority quotas instead of black Americans. You're saying they did it to save money. I'm saying it shouldn't be allowed because it cheats black workers, American Hispanic workers and also White Workers, too, resulting in needless unemployment and wage deflation. I have no problem with automation. I can't wait for farmers to automate so they'll shut up about not having enough workers and stop whining for all this massive immigration.

Until then, I have no problem with a farm worker earning $30 an hour plus benefits. It's hard work and worth every penny in my book.

As to drugs, legalize, regulate, tax, educate and rehabilitate and quit worrying about it. For a society that turned its eye from 64,000 overdoses a year due to illegal opioids laced with Fetanyl crossing the border, the fact of the matter is Americans don't care about it. Law enforcement certainly isn't a "cure". Law enforcement has ruined more lives with arrests and incarcerations than the drugs themselves.

As to TSA, I've called to terminate that whole mess years ago. Make airlines responsible for their passengers and aircraft cargo like it used to be.

jtdc, there is no argument you can offer that's going to justify the War on Drugs. It has been a costly failure for American taxpayers and ruined the lives of millions and millions of Americans, most of them black Americans.

Republicans are seeing this and they're going to solve it, hopefully very soon. They need to start with weed, states are already taking the bull by the horns, good for them, and the feds will be right behind them very soon. Then move on to the other drugs so they are regulated and as safe as possible, too. Under my plan, all costs are borne by the drug users including their rehab when they need or want it and everyone else can stop worrying about it and stop paying for it.

As to different pay scales for different races at Walmart, what are you talking about? You brought up equal pay for equal work which is a woman's issue, not a race issue. Are you confusing yourself? Walmart does in fact have an issue with women's pay versus men's pay, but they are taking action to correct it. They may have already done so with their two last pay increases. At least it's moving in the right direction.

As to unfair pay among races, black engineers earn less than white engineers, black doctors earn less than white doctors. In every position, blacks earn less than whites, regardless of education level. Black high school drop outs earn less than white high school drop outs, black high school graduates earn less than white high school graduates, blacks with college degrees earn less than whites with college degrees, blacks with advanced degrees earn less than whites with advanced degrees. The discrimination on pay is universal, all jobs, all education attainment levels based on the US Census data. I just don't understand how our country can still be doing this to these people. It's just not right, it's wrong, wrong, wrong. There is no excuse for it, none at all.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-03-2018 at 10:41 PM.

I'm referring to employers who cheated by employing illegal aliens and legal immigrants to fill their minority quotas instead of black Americans.
    And that has nothing to do with racism. It is purely economics.

I'm saying it shouldn't be allowed because it cheats black workers, American Hispanic workers and also White Workers
    I was afraid you were going to forget about the poor white workers.

I have no problem with automation. I can't wait for farmers to automate so they'll shut up about not having enough workers and stop whining for all this massive immigration.
    Where will all those legal unskilled workers go then? Unemployment?

Until then, I have no problem with a farm worker earning $30 an hour plus benefits. It's hard work and worth every penny in my book.
    I agree! But you know food prices will go up dramatically, and then everything else. Inflation in high gear.

As to drugs, legalize, regulate, tax, educate and rehabilitate and quit worrying about it. For a society that turned its eye from 64,000 overdoses a year due to illegal opioids laced with Fetanyl crossing the border, the fact of the matter is Americans don't care about it.
    And you speak for all Americans? Note that only two states, so far, have legalized marijuana. Someone said long ago that if you are on your property and cannot get out to harm anybody else, blast your head out. But impaired people think they should be free to drive, operate dangerous machinery, whatever they want. Unless they are contained, we need laws to control the use of such drugs.

Law enforcement certainly isn't a "cure".
    But it is better than lawlessness!

Law enforcement has ruined more lives with arrests and incarcerations than the drugs themselves.
    That means we need to adjust them, not do away with them. Despite all the years we have had laws against murder, we haven't eradicated the planet of that crime.

As to TSA, I've called to terminate that whole mess years ago.
    You missed my point!

jtdc, there is no argument you can offer that's going to justify the War on Drugs.
    At least not for you!

Under my plan, all costs are borne by the drug users including their rehab when they need or want it and everyone else can stop worrying about it and stop paying for it.
    How do you make a junkie pay for anything?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast