Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: President Trump and the Black vote

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Racism has always been about "economics". It's always been about the money. Slavery was about the money. The slave trade was about the money. Discrimination and segregation were about the money. Did you not know that?!!

The adjustment needed is legalization (no crimes), regulation (safety to extent possible), taxation (preferably with the FairTax), education (informed consumers about real risks and consequences), rehabilitation (at their expense through the taxes they pay when they make purchases).

Drug purchasers would pay the FairTax on their purchases and part of these revenues would be used to pay for regulations, education and rehabilitation all at the expense of the drug user.

Most drug users aren't "junkies". But even "junkies" would be paying the FairTax when they buy their drugs.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-03-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Racism has always been about "economics". It's always been about the money. Slavery was about the money. The slave trade was about the money. Discrimination and segregation were about the money. Did you not know that?!!
    But we are talking about employers in today's society. Walmart is not a slave owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    The adjustment needed is legalization (no crimes), regulation (safety to extent possible), taxation (preferably with the FairTax), education (informed consumers about real risks and consequences), rehabilitation (at their expense through the taxes they pay when they make purchases).
    So you want the government to profit off of drugs through taxes!

Drug purchasers would pay the FairTax on their purchases and part of these revenues would be used to pay for regulations, education and rehabilitation all at the expense of the drug user.
    If their productivity is down because they are drugged out, the rest of society will still be picking up the tab!

Most drug users aren't "junkies".
    I've heard that defense for pot, but opiates? The problem is addiction.

But even "junkies" would be paying the FairTax when they buy their drugs.
    1/10 of the cost for their rehab?

Walmart isn't racist. Never has been. They were a bit chauvinistic designing programs to keep wages low especially for their female workers so they could sign up for Medicaid benefits. States stopped that practice and Walmart offered more health insurance benefits. Then a threat of a union being voted in brought attention to their payscales for the jobs mostly held by women which were much lower than the payscale for the jobs mostly held by men, and Walmart corrected that. Walmart has never been racist, never accused of it, never demonstrated any racist views at all to my knowledge, not in hiring, not in pay, not in benefits, not anything. A little finnagling that benefitted men over women, but that has been corrected.

Oh yes, the government needs to collect taxes on drug sales, of course! Under the FairTax, drug sales would be taxed at the final point of sale to the consumers purchasing the products.

You act like no one in America is using drugs because you're arresting black people in black communities. I hate to tell you this but millions and millions of Americans are using drugs as we speak. They will wake up and go to work tomorrow. Did you know that even though Americans use more drugs than any country in the world, we have one of the highest levels of productivity? Yep, 5th in the OEDC in 2015. I think we're going to be even higher during Trump's years due to so much manufacturing coming back and so many black workers going back to work.

Not sure what you mean by 1/10 the cost of their rehab. The present illegal drug trade in the US is well over $300 billion a year. If that's taxed at the FairTax at 23%, that's $70 billion a year for the Feds. I'm sure states will also tax them, so that's another $21 billion at 7%. That's way more than what it will cost to pay for regulatory enforcement, education and rehabilitation, plus with the rehab program in the legalization statutes, insurance companies won't have to worry so much about this cost, they can focus on their alcohol and prescription med addictions which reduces their costs and thus lowers premiums for the insured. Furthermore, with the education programs of the legalization statutes, users will be much better informed to decide either not to use or use with moderation and with the regulations, the potency of the products will be better managed reducing the risk of addiction. It's all win-win. Should have been legalized this way years ago.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-04-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Yep, let's allow our government to be involved in the legal distribution of schedule 1 drugs so we can create more addicts, contribute to family emotional trauma, destroy families, strain the finances of the poor (yes, the addicted mom and dad will use the families milk money for their fix), and make the drugs more accessible to children. Let's give the next generation of drug abusers (our youth) a head start. It's okay though because government will be raking in the cash.

Consumer: Hey, the government approves and condones it, so it must be okay. Think I'll keep my stash in my sock drawer so little Billy can partake too! Little Billy knows there is nothing wrong with it because his mommy and daddy does it.

Government: Why let the drug cartels and lowlife street dealers make all the money. We too can create and profit off the misery of our citizens. Not to worry, we'll rehab them when they get too far gone.

Makes perfect sense to me ...... NOT!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Walmart isn't racist. Never has been.
    One down and so many more to go!

Oh yes, the government needs to collect taxes on drug sales, of course!
    Every city around me is legalizing marijuana for the taxes they can collect.

Under the FairTax, drug sales would be taxed at the final point of sale to the consumers purchasing the products.
    So that's your angle, pushing the FairTax!

You act like no one in America is using drugs because you're arresting black people in black communities.
    America's new "whipping boy"!

Did you know that even though Americans use more drugs than any country in the world, we have one of the highest levels of productivity?
    I'd love to see the facts!

Not sure what you mean by 1/10 the cost of their rehab. The present illegal drug trade in the US is well over $300 billion a year.
    So subtract the operating costs, then divide it by the number of drug users and you probably get $50 per day each. How much per day does rehab cost per person?

Time to legalize recreational drugs, regulate them to age, quality and quantity, educate on the real risks and consequences of using the various drugs for sale, tax under the FairTax and rehabilitate for free on demand without stigma for anyone who wants or needs it ... all paid for by drug consumers with profits to spare for the government. Make it domestic only, no imports or exports, to avoid all international complications. Require that everyone involved in the business is trained, licensed and a US citizen.

Start out with the legalization of marijuana and go from there. While it's just pot, you don't need all this other stuff. I would regulate the states on the potency, one for medical use and one for non-medical use.

I think the states are doing a good job where they have legalized. So just let them handle it. That way any state that doesn't want to legalize could still ban it if they want to. The only people who will not benefit from this step forward are the foreign drug cartels who will lose their illegal crime infested market to crime-free domestic legal competition. Marijuana is 70% of the illegal drug trade over the southern border, so it will make a huge difference in illegal immigration, cross border trafficking, and illegal drug trade related crimes.

jtdc, here is an article on American productivity:

These Are the Most Productive Countries in the World
    By David Johnson January 4, 2017

With a new law barring work e-mail after hours, the French have honored a truth long recognized by economists: working longer hours doesn’t necessarily result in increased productivity. Mexico—the least productive of the 38 countries listed in 2015 data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)—has the world’s longest average work week at 41.2 hours (including full-time and part-time workers). At the other end of the spectrum, Luxembourg, the most productive country, has an average workweek of just 29 hours.

The United States ranks fifth, according to the OECD, contributing $68.30 to the country’s GDP per hour worked, countering claims that Americans are the most productive workers in the world. America put in more hours—33.6 per week on average—than all four of the European countries with higher productivity rankings.

Most Productive Countries, 2015
    Rank Country GDP per hour worked Employed Population GDP (USD) Average work week (hrs)
    1 Luxembourg $ 93.4 405,600 $57b 29
    2 Ireland $ 87.3 1,989,400 $302b 33.5
    3 Norway $ 81.3 2,753,000 $318b 27.3
    4 Belgium $ 69.7 4,601,200 $498b 29.8
    5 United States $ 68.3 151,000,000 $18,037b 33.6
    6 Denmark $ 67.6 2,829,000 $270b 27.2
    7 France $ 65.6 27,523,000 $2,648b 28.2
    8 Germany $ 65.5 43,057,000 $3,857b 26.3
    9 Netherlands $ 65.4 8,792,000 $818b 27.4
    10 Switzerland $ 64.2 4,962,600 $506b 30.6
    11 Austria $ 60.2 4,290,700 $415b 30.9
    12 Sweden $ 59.1 4,809,700 $458b 31
    13 Finland $ 54.8 2,497,400 $225b 31.6
    14 Australia $ 54.6 11,860,000 $1,101b 32.7
    15 United Kingdom $ 52.1 31,293,000 $2,701b 31.9
    16 Italy $ 51.9 24,476,100 $2,191b 33.1
    17 Spain $ 51 18,490,800 $1,594b 32.5
    18 Canada $ 50.9 18,285,700 $1,589b 32.8
    19 Iceland $ 45.1 183,700 $16b 36.1
    20 Japan $ 41.9 65,801,200 $4,741b 33.1
    21 New Zealand $ 40.9 2,360,600 $170b 33.8
    22 Slovenia $ 40.4 941,500 $64b 32.5
    23 Israel $ 40.3 3,947,100 $300b 36.3
    24 Slovak Republic $ 39.7 2,267,100 $158b 33.7
    25 Czech Republic $ 38 5,179,700 $346b 33.8
    26 Portugal $ 35.4 4,575,800 $303b 35.9
    27 Greece $ 35.3 4,019,800 $288b 39.1
    28 Hungary $ 33.5 4,327,500 $254b 33.6
    29 Lithuania $ 32.6 1,334,700 $81b 35.8
    30 Korea $ 31.9 25,936,300 $1,749b 40.7
    31 Estonia $ 31.6 622,900 $36b 35.6
    32 Latvia $ 28.3 887,900 $48b 36.7
    33 Chile $ 25.9 7,802,200 $402b 38.2
    34 Russia $ 25.1 72,187,700 $3,580b 38
    35 Mexico $ 20.3 50,262,900 $2,188b 41.2
    Source: OECD

Methodology

Productivity is calculated by dividing each country’s GDP by the average number of hours worked annually by all employed citizens. Hours worked include full-time and part-time workers, excluding holidays and vacation time.

http://time.com/4621185/worker-productivity-countries/

All the states who have legalized are taxing it with a sales tax, feds are taxing it with income tax, because I prefer the FairTax, I use it as the taxing method for the Feds. Until FairTax passes, all the drug businesses and growers are paying income tax.

On rehab, you're saying every drug user needs rehab. No, only a few need the rehab. While it's just marijuana, no rehab program is needed.

Oh no, I have no white guilt, no cause to have it. I have never viewed blacks differently than whites. I have never cheated them. I never thought they were lazy or couldn't do math or were uneducated. I don't believe they commit drug crimes at higher rates than whites and I'm not even sure they really commit any type of crime at higher rates than anyone else. I think they get caught, convicted and incarcerated more, even for crimes they didn't commit, and people who think like you do use those statistics to claim they're different, because they have some "social pathology" that makes them dangerous and scary. No, I have no white guilt at all. I just don't like seeing a group of people mistreated like this in our country, never did, thought it was all wrong since I was a little girl and saw an example of refusing to serve in a grocery store by a store clerk, and by instinct I stood up for the man. I was 7. And he got served .... by the Store Owner. When I told my parents, I asked why the store clerk would do such a rude thing, they looked at each and simultaneously said, "she's from California."
    That's that ether that makes a soul burn!

all paid for by drug consumers with profits to spare for the government.
    Like all the programs financed from tax on cigarette sales. A "sin tax"!

Make it domestic only, no imports or exports, to avoid all international complications.
    Yes, just like we have now with no drugs coming from foreign shores.

While it's just pot, you don't need all this other stuff. I would regulate the states on the potency, one for medical use and one for non-medical use.
    Crime cartels do not follow laws. They supply, underground, the more potent, enhanced flavor, experimental drugs that you can't buy legally. That's a fantasy!

I think the states are doing a good job where they have legalized.
    Oh yeah, Colorado and Washington really have a handle on DUI. They have no problem with enhanced cookies getting to children. All is good in Judy's mind.

The only people who will not benefit from this step forward are the foreign drug cartels who will lose their illegal crime infested market to crime-free domestic legal competition.
    No, they will just create a new one.

Marijuana is 70% of the illegal drug trade over the southern border,
    By volume. But by value and potency per pound, not by a long shot.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." Here is an example of statistics:

jtdc, here is an article on American productivity:
    I can't say these aren't true. But they say nothing about the effect of drugs in each of those countries. So it is only a diversion.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast