Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A QUICK REMINDER EVERYONE

Don't forget, I warned you a couple of weeks ago that something would happen to take the heat of Illegal Aliens and border security out of the politics issue. Can any of you see what is happening here? They think they can get out of hot water by using this "Terror Plot" (which by the way if you think of it, we, THE PEOPLE OF THE US, Cannot verify that it really existed........all we know is that they SAID it was ABOUT to happen) I'd truly have to see their evidence before I even believed it happened myself. We are seeing what? What they WANT us to see and believe? Brainwashing people. Give me proof. To me this looks like a scapegoat to get off the REAL issue of the election. ILLEGAL ALIENS and PROTECTING OUR BORDERS!! They all think we will get scared and only concentrate on the "Terror Plot" issue and conviently forget the REAL ISSUE HERE. Show me proof. Our government officials lie to us so much anymore, I don't believe ANYTHING they tell us. SO GIVE ME PROOF. ACTUAL HARD EVIDENCE PROOF.
    THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. NOT IN WORDS. ALL I SAY IS, WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT IS NOT? WE KNOW OUR BORDERS ARE WIDE OPEN AND WHY. WE DON'T KNOWFOR A FACT THERE WAS GETTING READY TO BE "AN ATTACK"
    FOR ONCE IN OUR LIVES, LET'S NOT LET OUR POLITICANS GET ONE OVER ON US.

Both Parties Claim Edge as Terror Is Reinforced as a Campaign Topic

By Jim VandeHei and Peter Baker
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Friday, August 11, 2006; A12

Democrats and Republicans alike rushed to invoke yesterday's terrorist scare in Britain in congressional campaigns, underscoring how a series of national-security-related developments are refocusing and sharpening the political debate three months before the midterm elections.
    Campaigning in Connecticut, Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman, who lost Tuesday's Democratic primary and is now running as an independent, said the antiwar views of primary winner Ned Lamont would be "taken as a tremendous victory by the same people who wanted to blow up these planes in this plot hatched in England."
    Rep. Mark Kennedy, the Republican Senate candidate in Minnesota, used the alleged plot as a campaign wedge only hours after it was disclosed.
    "The arrests this morning in Great Britain make it clear that now, more than ever, this is an ongoing battle and we need leaders in Washington who remain committed to doing what is right instead of what may be seen as politically advantageous," he said. To amplify the point, Kennedy endorsed Lieberman over the GOP candidate in the race, Alan Schlesinger.
    President Bush offered a similar line, in more understated language, while in Green Bay, Wis., to campaign for a Republican candidate.
    "This country is safer than it was prior to 9/11," Bush said with Air Force One behind him. "We've taken a lot of measures to protect the American people. But obviously we're still not completely safe, because there are people that still plot and people who want to harm us for what we believe in."
    In what was an apparent reference to this year's controversies over the administration's surveillance programs, Bush told reporters: "It is a mistake to believe there is no threat to the United States of America. And that is why we have given our officials the tools they need to protect our people."
    The alleged plot -- with its parallels to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks -- was the latest in a series of events reshaping the campaign in unpredictable ways. In the past five weeks, Israel went to war with Hezbollah, Bush's top generals warned that Iraq is closer than ever to civil war and Lamont ousted Lieberman in Connecticut's Democratic primary.
    The events have emboldened Democrats to challenge Bush more forcefully on national security issues, especially Iraq.
    "This latest plot demonstrates the need for the Bush administration and the Congress to change course in Iraq and ensure that we are taking all the steps necessary to protect Americans at home and across the world," said Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.).
    At the same time, the events have clarified the Republican strategy to make terrorism and the war the backdrop for the battle for Congress. Both sides argue that they have the edge in this fight.
    "It brings all those realities home and brings back some of the memories of 9/11 that got us into the war on terrorism in the first place," said Rep. Thomas M. Reynolds (N.Y.), chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee.
    Unlike in the 2004 election, when Republicans clearly benefited from the terrorism issue and a general sense of insecurity among many voters, the politics are muddled this year. The latest Washington Post-ABC News poll, conducted last week, found Democrats with an eight-point edge when people were asked which party they trusted more to handle terrorism issues.
    "I can't help but admit that I had a small knot in my stomach this morning," said Democratic pollster Mark Mellman. "It was eerily familiar. But upon reflection, we are in a fundamentally different place in 2006 than we were in 2002 and 2004. For two or three generations, Republicans have, in the main, had a very substantial advantage on national security. The reality is, they have squandered that advantage in the sands of Iraq."
    In the Post poll, 47 percent approved of Bush's handling of the terrorism issue, a 10-point drop from a similar stage two years ago. But Republican strategists say the polling misses the political significance of the new focus on terrorism and war. Conservatives are generally unhappy with the party over issues such as immigration and federal spending, but they care more about security matters than any other group, and their motivation to vote Republican may now resurface.
    The arrests came as Bush was on a working vacation at his ranch in Crawford, Tex. Aides said he had been kept informed about the developments in recent days and was briefed at the ranch last weekend.
    He spoke with British Prime Minister Tony Blair in a secure videoconference on Sunday, a conversation that the White House at the time described as being about the Middle East, and again Wednesday. Bush was not aware that the British were about to seize the suspects until Wednesday, White House officials said. That same day, when Vice President Cheney attacked Democrats after Lamont's victory for being weak on national security, he knew about the British investigation but not that arrests were imminent, the officials said.
    Peter H. Wehner, the White House director of strategic initiatives, distributed an e-mail to allies and reporters calling the alleged London plot a "clarifying moment" that should be, as he put it in the subject line, "a reminder of the stakes in this struggle." He argued that it underscores the fallacy of Democratic attacks on Bush's leadership in the fight against terrorism.
    A few hours earlier, the Republican National Committee e-mailed a fundraising letter -- signed by former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani -- that read: "Only with the financial commitment of patriotic Americans like you can the RNC provide the candidate assistance, campaign programs, registration drives and voter outreach that are absolutely essential for electing Republicans across the nation."
    RNC spokesman Brian Jones said that it was mistakenly sent by a low-level staffer and that the RNC regrets the timing.
    Baker reported from Green Bay. Staff writer Dan Balz and assistant polling director Claudia Deane contributed to this report.
    © 2006 The Washington Post Company
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... rrer=email
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

So, this is something that Pakistan, England, and the US cooked up to keep republicans in the front lead? I am sorry, I would have to have proof this was a hoax perpetrated on the people to keep their eyes on the war on terror instead of our border before I would believe that 3 governments were in on a hoax together. To me, this incident only brings the focus on our lack of border security, to the forefront. They just had the bombings in London last year, why would we believe that more bombings were not in the works? I am sorry, I cannot buy into this conspiracy theroy just yet!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

August 11, 2006

Medford grad caught in Heathrow turmoil
    A recent South Medford High School graduate's dream trip to Europe was extended Thursday after she decided not to fly home under a terrorism warning.

Sarah Tressel, 18, will return to the beach house in Wales she's stayed at since July 3 and will fly home late next week, said her mother, Deborah.

Tressel was ready to board a plane at London's Heathrow airport when the news came that a terrorist plot had been foiled earlier that morning.

"The people at the airport told them they could board the plane but they were doing it at their own risk," Tressel said. "A lot of people on her flight decided not to fly."

Tressel, who was shaken by the ordeal, called her mother with the news at 4:30 a.m., her mother said.

"It was pretty scary for a while," Deborah Tressel said. "I've been glued to the television and the Internet all day at work."

The nearest available flight isn't until Aug. 19, she said.

"She's been saving for this trip for a long time," the mother added. "It has become the adventure of a lifetime

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2006 ... _stuck.htm
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Sure this is probably all a part of the vast plan. "We" didn't do anything from what I understand except "let" England do the job. It's just another "reminder" for us to just shut up and let them do whatever they want..........and another example of how "global" we all are.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard on the news that our NSA phone tapping played a part in this along with England and Pakistan. Pakistan was the first to bring it to the attention to Briton. I am just thankful it was stopped, this could have killed more people then were killed in the WTC. This just makes me more determined to get our Border secured, thing is though all these student visa's concern me right now!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

dxd
    ruthiela,
    You got it. And let me tell you how refreshing it is to see a free thinking real American such as yourself. Don't ever be deterred by the "NAIVE THEORISTS"

The news said something about a test run. Ya, a test run to see how well their scam will work.

Bush claims that he is fighting a War on Terror against a non-traditional opponent. Meaning it is not a direct military confrontation a.k.a. army against army. However Bush is a proven liar.

So each American must decide for themself.

Can Bush be fighting a war on terror while supporting open borders where anyone can enter the country illegally?

Can Bush be fighting a war on terror while tens of millions of illegal aliens are running loose on U.S. soil because Bush will not deport illegal aliens?

If your answers are No and No then why isn't the republican congress oversighting Bush's war on terror scare scam? Having a proven liar as President is actually harmful to the security of the nation because what if there ever were a non fabricated crisis? No one would believe him.

Once again, you made a great post. We should expect more tricks and distractions as election day nears but free thinking will lead to the right answer.

Yeah nittygritty.........I see your point.........3 countries plotting something like this.................you may be right.......that would be something else I suppose. 3 countries conspiring something that would effect the whole world......................something that would get one over on the American people. I know, we are just too smart for that to let something like that happen to us.
    But you know something just keeps nagging at me...........let's see if I can remember something here..........
    Oh yeah, it's coming back to me now.........now I remember................................
    March, 2005, in Texas............United States, Canada and Mexico
    THE SPP.
    But then again, I guess that didn't happen either. It couldn't have. 3 countries conspiring to do something that would effect the whole world and do one over on the American people.
    Yeah, I see your point.
    Old saying.................
    "Screw me once, shame on you.
    Screw me twice, shame on me."
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I( think Ruthiella is write, on monday I'll start calling the representatives offices to let them know that this plot won't be a push for Bush, as the reporters are insinuating and reminding them, and we want our borders close. They think we are distracted with the news so the " signing statements " against the people can continue.

thing is though all these student visa's concern me right now!

Ya I read something that one of the family members said something to the effect that one of the students probably just went to find work and start a life here. A student visa was the easiest way to get him here legally and by the time it expired amnesty would already have been granted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is all about OPEN BORDERS, SECURITY OF OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PEOPLE. It's about our lives. Our families lives. We CANNOT let them think that terrorist threats are scaring us. They've already said nukes are in our country. Terrorists are here just waiting for a "signal" to attack us.
    How did all that..........the nukes and the terrorists get here if they didn't get here ILLEGALLY. THE NUKES AND THE TERRORISTS?
    AND THEY CAME RIGHT IN ACROSS OUR OPEN BORDERS THAT OUR SORRY GOVERNMENT REFUSES TO CLOSE AND ENFORCE OUR LAWS SO THAT WE CAN BE PROTECTED.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast