Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Republicans want it passed !! Demacrates say no!
    FISA is does trample on some rights. The big one for me is it gives agents the ability to write their own warrants.
    I agree!! it gives them the opportunity to trample on our constitutional rights
    With all your respect, I just don't understand what constitutional rights people are talking about. Do you think congress cares about what you talk on the phone with your son, your mother, your brother or your lover? No!! They only care about the ones they believe are suspicious and can be a thread for the United States. The government doesn't have to time to gossip about our life. The reason for saying that is because I know it.

Sharona, this is where I really agree. If the only way the government can use this information is ONLY for terrorist activities, then it should not concern us. The government is incompetent BUT if this will help to avoid another 9/11, I am all for it.

The daily activities of life is not a concern for the government anyway.

We have much bigger fish to fry right now!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

The government doesn't have to time to gossip about our life. The reason for saying that is because I know it
    I've served on several forums. One of the things I did for them was run ip's of new signups and compare them to spam domains. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find you posting from dhs.gov if you catch my drift. One day I played a message on my answering machine. There was a guy explaining to another how to tap my phone without making it ring. Government has all the time in the world paid for with my tax dollars. If only King George could have listened to all the plans of the Founders? The present King George can.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    loservillelaber wrote:

You and I usually agree. But, it's time for you to do the body count of American victims of the illegal invasion. Now how's it look?
    I'm sorry, but wiretapping has nothing to do with illegal immigration per say. It's a sad day when the most powerful nation in the world can't wage a war on illegal immigration and war on terrorism simultaneously. It wasn't "boogymen" that engineered the bombings of the USS Cole, WTC, American hotels in Amman, Jordan, Pan Am flight 103, La Belle discotheque, etc.

Terrorist Acts Suspected of or Inspired by al-Qaeda

1993 (Feb.): Bombing of World Trade Center (WTC); 6 killed.

1993 (Oct.): Killing of U.S. soldiers in Somalia.

1996 (June): Truck bombing at Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killed 19 Americans.

1998 (Aug.): Bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania; 224 killed, including 12 Americans.

1999 (Dec.): Plot to bomb millennium celebrations in Seattle foiled when customs agents arrest an Algerian smuggling explosives into the U.S.

2000 (Oct.): Bombing of the USS Cole in port in Yemen; 17 U.S. sailors killed.

2001 (Sept.): Destruction of WTC; attack on Pentagon. Total dead 2,992.

2001 (Dec.): Man tried to denote shoe bomb on flight from Paris to Miami.

2002 (April): Explosion at historic synagogue in Tunisia left 21 dead, including 11 German tourists.

2002 (May): Car exploded outside hotel in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 14, including 11 French citizens.

2002 (June): Bomb exploded outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12.

2002 (Oct.): Boat crashed into oil tanker off Yemen coast, killing 1.

2002 (Oct.): Nightclub bombings in Bali, Indonesia, killed 202, mostly Australian citizens.

2002 (Nov.): Suicide attack on a hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, killed 16.

2003 (May): Suicide bombers killed 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

2003 (May): 4 bombs killed 33 people targeting Jewish, Spanish, and Belgian sites in Casablanca, Morocco.

2003 (Aug.): Suicide car-bomb killed 12, injured 150 at Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia.

2003 (Nov.): Explosions rocked a Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, housing compound, killing 17.

2003 (Nov.): Suicide car-bombers simultaneously attacked 2 synagogues in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 25 and injuring hundreds.

2003 (Nov.): Truck bombs detonated at London bank and British consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 26.

2004 (March): 10 bombs on 4 trains exploded almost simultaneously during the morning rush hour in Madrid, Spain, killing 191 and injuring more than 1,500.

2004 (May): Terrorists attacked Saudi oil company offices in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, killing 22.

2004 (June): Terrorists kidnapped and executed American Paul Johnson, Jr., in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

2004 (Sept.): Car bomb outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, killed 9.

2004 (Dec.): Terrorists entered the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing 9 (including 4 attackers).

2005 (July): Bombs exploded on 3 trains and a bus in London, England, killing 52.

2005 (Oct.): 22 killed by 3 suicide bombs in Bali, Indonesia.

2005 (Nov.): 57 killed at 3 American hotels in Amman, Jordan.

2006 (Jan.): Two suicide bombers carrying police badges blow themselves up near a celebration at the Police Academy in Baghdad, killing nearly 20 police officers. Al-Qaeda in Iraq takes responsibility.

2006 (Aug.): Police arrest 24 British-born Muslims, most of whom have ties to Pakistan, who had allegedly plotted to blow up as many as 10 planes using liquid explosives. Officials say details of the plan were similar to other schemes devised by al-Qaeda.

2007 (April): Suicide bombers attack a government building in Algeria's capital, Algiers, killing 35 and wounding hundreds more. Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility.

2007 (April): Eight people, including two Iraqi legislators, die when a suicide bomber strikes inside the Parliament building in Baghdad. An organization that includes al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia claims responsibility. In another attack, the Sarafiya Bridge that spans the Tigris River is destroyed.

2007 (June): British police find car bombs in two vehicles in London. The attackers reportedly tried to detonate the bombs using cell phones but failed. Government officials say al-Qaeda is linked to the attempted attack. The following day, an SUV carrying bombs bursts into flames after it slams into an entrance to Glasgow Airport. Officials say the attacks are connected.
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0884893.html

I think you took my response to Ratbstard out of context. I'm not arguing against the failure of our government to stop illegal immigration. I know full well the damage caused to our country by open borders and illegal immigrants. Of course you knew that . However, to paint terrorist as "boogymen" doesn't quite sit right with me. The list of terrorist acts I provided above that have been credited to al-Qaeda should prove that terrorist organizations shouldn't be considered boogymen (al-Qaeda is real). These aren't invisible fictional characters that hide in our closets or under our beds. IMHO, wiretapping is a tool that can be utilized to uncover future plots against American citizens.

Here's the portion of Ratbstard's post that forced my response:

Terrorists/Terrorism is a boogyman that can never be defeated and used at will by any government desiring to control its people. IMO
    IMHO, wiretapping has absolutely nothing to do with controlling us, nor is it a "boogyman" argument. Like I said above, it's a tool used to reveal terrorist and their future activities.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

it's a tool
    al-Qaeda is real
    I'll agree with this much.
    I have a lot of concerns about those doing the wrenching. That's all.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    In 'Liberation from the Affluent Society' Herbert Marcuse predicted that in the event either the USA or USSR fell from power a new boogyman would have to be created so as to keep the population complacent.

Terrorists/Terrorism is a boogyman that can never be defeated and used at will by any government desiring to control its people. IMO
    Looks like it might be China and the "new" Russia!

MW
    loservillelabor wrote:

I have a lot of concerns about those doing the wrenching. That's all.
    I can understand that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does the govt really think terrorists use landline phones to plan attacks? I remember reading an article about 9/11 that those terrorists used throwaway cell phones and phone cards. Can the govt tap into cell phones?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    it's a tool
    [quote:1ho1sqcd]al-Qaeda is real
    I have a lot of concerns about those doing the wrenching. That's all. [/quote:1ho1sqcd]

This is why the whole concept is wrong and we should be fighting this all the way. Look at the the three puppets we're left with now as a President because of the MSM and Goldman Sachs. Even if we were able to keep the MSM philosophy out, from influence, now(!) who's to say they would not be able to control people in the future this is just a "tool" for them as they already "control" most of the population now! Bush is a puppet for them (CFR... etc...) and the next Pres. will be the same or worse so how can we possibly trust this governmental infringement that can at any time be used against us?
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Does the govt really think terrorists use landline phones to plan attacks? I remember reading an article about 9/11 that those terrorists used throwaway cell phones and phone cards. Can the govt tap into cell phones?
    I don't know if they can with throwaway cell phones and phone cards???

By the time that they tracked them down, they would just get a new throwaway phone.

I heard something on the news about the new tactics being used by the terrorists to communicate-----they said that they are now using cell phones and the internet!! For example, they will use the cell phone to call and give a quick message of "check your email".

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast