Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I say I don't want the terrorist to have anything that can generate money for weapons.
    If God plucked Iraq from the earth and created a new sea would we no longer face the terrorist threat? Would that end their resources? What about Iran, Syria, our so-called friends in the ME, and the Euro/Muslim Union? People and troops are being blown up daily in Iraq. Are we allowing them to manufacture explosives in Iraq? Clearly there are other resources assuming there is not a big storage cave somewhere we can't find? When we get all done with Iraq they'll hold a "democratic" election and perhaps elect Hamas, similar, or revert to their 1300 year civil war.

Gus, if you believe what you're saying, the only thing between us and them is the United States, our boundaries and ability to control what goes on here. The rest of the world is not in agreement and isn't tackling Iraq? Job one is to secure the United States.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I mention terrorism I'm not just talking about one nation or what we may be doing to combat terrorism in one specific location. Terrorism is a global issue and we have to continue to fight this. I don't think it is a problem that will go away soon and ignoring it will be a mistake. We don't know what will happen in Iraq once we decide to leave. If what they want is another terrorist state once we leave than that's what they will have. It does not mean that we end the war on terrorism. If they become a threat to us than we deal with it.
    We know other nations are sponsoring the fight in iraq against our soldiers. This only proves what I'm saying in regards to terrorism. It will continue to exist regardless of my opinion or yours. As far as what the rest of the world thinks, I don't think I care too much about that. I think we have to fight here and continue to fight terrorism as well. If other nations fail to see the significance of what we are doing why should I care about what they think. I'm not saying that I'm against securing our borders, I'm just voicing my opinion with regard to what I feel is the first priority. We should take the money that we often use to help the nations that do not support us and use that money at the border to protect us here at home.

We should take the money that we often use to help the nations that do not support us and use that money at the border to protect us here at home.
    That is absolutely right. I am tired of giving it away, and then, no one helps us when we need help. The US border is a definite concern and needs to be taken care of immediately. The war on terror is also important. It should not be one or the other, we need to take care of both, and we shouldn't underestimate the enemy. We also need to keep our eye on Venezuela and Iran's close ties. That can't be good for anyone. Hugo is a joke by himself, but is working very hard to build some evil allies. Nicely played, Hugo...nicely played...

what we may be doing to combat
    Terrorism is a global issue and we have to continue to fight this.
    what will happen in Iraq once we decide to leave
    If what they want is another terrorist state once we leave
    we end the war on terrorism
    we deal with it.
    We know other nations are sponsoring the fight in iraq against our soldiers
    I think we have to fight here and continue to fight terrorism
    the significance of what we are doing
    We should take the money
    we often use to help the nations

I'm just voicing my opinion with regard to what I feel is the first priority
    It appears to me you are relying heavily on WE the People of these United States contunuing to exist? Wouldn't that be job one to ensure WE exist?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The war on terror and the war on illegal immigration go together. Unfortunately, the government only focuses on the ME issue. We cannot lose in Iraq or Afghanistan, nor can we lose here.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    The war on terror and the war on illegal immigration go together. Unfortunately, the government only focuses on the ME issue. We cannot lose in Iraq or Afghanistan, nor can we lose here.
    We lose here, we've simply lost it all.

We can't lose on either front.

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    We can't lose on either front.
    Certainly we can lose on both. I'll take you to mean we musn't lose.

Let's do this. We're a big paper hornets nest. There's a kid poking our hive with a stick. We're going to boil out of here and sting him. Problem solved.

Same situation. We get ready to roll out and the leader says"Ignore that threat, head on down to the farmhouse and sting the mother and father that bred this kid with a stick." We come back to a pile of paper. No home, big problem.

I think we should defend our home vigorously. Deal with clear and present danger. Maybe we could send out some hornets to sting the parents once in awhile when the hive is safe. Maybe they'll move out or convince the kid that he's not to aggravate hornets because they get aggressive?

Yes, mustn't, thank you.

I would agree with you except for the fact that we entered Iraq, and truly botched the take over. Had we been more successful, or perhaps actually studied out the risks involved before entering, things would probably be different. However, we did go there, leadership did not do a good job of the takeover, Iraq has dragged it's feet, the international community has turned a blind eye, and Iran and Co. is not helping, either.

We can't afford to leave until the mistake made by Bush and friends is corrected. As much as I would love to send Bush and his cohorts abroad to fix it, that won't happen. (Maybe Kerry, McCain, and Murtha could be our generals.)

Bottom line, had we not gone into Iraq, we would probably be addressing the border issue now. Hussein hated Iran, so they may not have been as huge an issue. That's ancient history. We are there, and we must finish the job. I believe we can address both issues at the same time, but Bush is too focused on Iraq. Maybe that is a good thing, as I don't like his border policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Do you ever get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you try to explain the devastating effects of illegal immigration to someone and they mock you, or smirk, or act like you are crazy?
    Neese,

There are some very naive people and they can't handle a lot of this information. Slowly they will wake up. Just know it's not you. Also, don't stop telling people. If you get quite, people will never know. Others just want to got through life with blinders on.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast