Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Responding to Bush's Speech about Iraq War

This is how I think Congress should respond to Bush's Speech last night.

I've just got to go off about this!

Get some money fast tracked and allocated and call for volunteers to join ICE and the Border Patrol!

Don't spend another Dime on the Iraq War, until Congress spends money for our border fence and significantly more for immigration enforcement, which includes more officers and tent detention facilities.

Congress needs to hold the Presidents War Chest hostage until he comes out opposed to illegal immigration and a guest worker program. Our president should be telling the invaders to hit the road!!! Until he does that, I wouldn't give him any money to fund his war machine! That's what I want done with my tax dollars!

No money for fence, no money for war.
    No money for enforcement, no money for war.

No money to STOP illegal immigration, no money for war.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am with you Dixie, I told my wife this morning, Bush was speaking in Fort Benning GA, I wish just one of those young soldiers would ask Bush, sir, why are we fighting to protect the borders of Iraq, while you are leaving our borders wide open to whoever wants to come over them and do us harm, while at the same time sending to prison 2 of our border guards for trying to do their job in protecting our borders? If we could get even a third of our soldiers to write to their Commander and Chief, to ask him that question, possibly they might get a response where we don't seem to be getting any response.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I agree a letter from our troops asking that question would be great. However, I think the last thing on their mind is illegal immigration. They are probably wondering if they are one of the 21,500.

I don't like the mission our troops are going on. Clear and secure is what we did before, but with little success due to a lack of troops. Will this be enough? I don't know. Should we use the 21,500 to go after al-Sadr and his goons? I'd like to see it, but I am not a military expert. Should we have more trainers in the region to better prepare the police and military? Yes. I think it would help us move closer to our exit of the nation. But, yet again, I am no expert. Cutting funds would only hurt our troops.

I do know we cannot leave Iraq in shambles, like it is right now. I say they have a year to get it together, and if not, then we should go, at least to buy time and lick our wounds. If we leave too early, Iraq will be overrun by al-Qaeda and possibly Iran. They will have access to the oil and will sell it to build their arsenal and military. They may even truly gain access to nukes. When that happens, what do you think will happen? I can tell you what will happen...we will have to return to the region to stop these groups.

The war has been a debacle, partly because of us, but mainly because the Iraqis and the international community have done little to help. Right now, we do have some in Iraq, whether Sunni, Shia, or Kurd, who do work with us and support what we have done. We are fighting those that do not agree with what we did. These current supporters will either turn against us, or be killed, by those that take Iraq if we leave too soon.

I pray for our troops. I pray for their success and safety. I want to see them home soon. But I want them to see the job through, first. Iraq must be secured. It must have a government by and for the people. It must have a military and police force able to protect and serve the people. Anything less is too dangerous for all of us. Too borrow poetry from Johnnie Cochran, "We must secure Iraq, or we'll be back!"
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

I pray for our troops. I pray for their success and safety. I want to see them home soon.
    Me too TRant!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't spend another Dime on the Iraq War
    We cannot in good conscience deny any resources to our troops while in danger. However, that same conscience is warning about the clear and present invasion of our homeland. We keep getting torn and set against one another with this ploy. The troops in Iraq are a pawn.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, I couldn't agree more. But what does concern me is wondering whether Iraq will become even a bigger training ground for terrorists which could lead to more attacks on us.

This really concerns me. Even though I would like nothing more than to give the president an ultimatum....that if he would do what he should and desperatley needs to do here, then I would give Iraq another try.

To me terrorism is very intertwined in the problem of illegal immigration for obvious reasons.....but there is a part of me which believes that "down the road" the world could be at least somewhat safer if we could leave Iraq in a more stable state.

I'm just looking ahead.....down the road.......about what leaving might mean for us. There are some people who think that even if we left after they were stable that they would just destablalize anyway.

It's all a big unkown. But I'm just as worried about leaving as I am staying.......because of what may happen in the long run.

I have heard some people say the war against terrorism will continue for a least another generation and then some. What a sad thought.

I am just not convinced that leaving is in our best interest in the long run.

I understand how you feel Dixie but we can't stop funding our troops now without getting a lot of them killed and turning this thing into another Vietnam.
    If our Government won't secure our borders then we need to push for more Minutemen volunteers to do the job and let these folks we mean business. If you won't secure our borders we will!

I am just not convinced that leaving is in our best interest in the long run.
    When we're really worried about terrorists we won't allow them across the ocean and into the country. No planes and ships will come from there and we'll have a defended boundary.

It's plain to me that the country doesn't have a long run. I'm not convinced that an NAU is something I'll want to defend
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I understand how you feel Dixie but we can't stop funding our troops now without getting a lot of them killed and turning this thing into another Vietnam.
    If our Government won't secure our borders then we need to push for more Minutemen volunteers to do the job and let these folks we mean business. If you won't secure our borders we will!
    Dixie is a good conservative American. I have no doubt she'd give up her home for her troops lives. Jorge is wrong to put her in that spot.

I oppose the troops' mission but we should never play politics with their lives.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast