Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Another mis truth, when asked how he would fund the government without the IRS he plainly stated that he would do it with tariff's
    Link please.
    You posted the falsehood you provide the link...it was on the Meet the Press appearance if I remember right
    http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=412

We don’t need government agreements to have free trade. We merely need to lower or eliminate taxes on the American people, without regard to what other nations do. Remember, tariffs are simply taxes on consumers. Americans have always bought goods from abroad; the only question is how much our government taxes us for doing so. As economist Henry Hazlitt explained, tariffs simply protect politically-favored special interests at the expense of consumers, while lowering wages across the economy as a whole. Hazlitt, Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, Murray Rothbard, and countless other economists have demolished every fallacy concerning tariffs, proving conclusively that unilateral elimination of tariffs benefits the American people. We don’t need CAFTA or any other international agreement to reap the economic benefits promised by CAFTA supporters, we only need to change our own harmful economic and tax policies. Let the rest of the world hurt their citizens with tariffs; if we simply reduce tariffs and taxes at home, we will attract capital and see our economy flourish.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    Romney is a smart guy , he knows business , he knows
    foreign policy , he has very good family and moral values

We can do a lot worse

Illegal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by GOrwell
    what does one have to do with another?
    he thinks a fence will not be that effective, ask anyone in Miami if water has kept out haitians, jamaicans and cubans... you dont think they could just use a boat to come over?
    Why not ask San Diegans? The fence has worked here. The NAU is about the free flow of peoples and capital across borders. The libertarian views on immigration and trade are NAU in everything but name.
    Hmm, I thought there were a few things we agreed on -- one being the fence. I think the fence is either meant to deter or slow them down and give the border patrol a fighting chance to control the flow. The fence channels the flow. In some places it'll work better than others. But, a fence is better than nothing.

No one is asking for a fence alone. We want the fence AND interior enforcement. I personally think a fence goes a long way to visibly displaying our resolve to take care of the problem.

Haitians do come across on the water - but it sure does slow them down. And, guess what? America hasn't exhibited this new conscience with the Haitians. They are IMMEDIATELY deported. Apparently, it isn't racist to deport Haitians ONLY Mexicans. Go figure.

A lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada

We can do a lot worse
    We've being doing a lot worse for the last eight years.

Banned
    Ron Paul is a ten term REPUBLICAN Congressman from the state of Texas......nothing else needs to be said
    He sure is
    and thats where he will stay...

Re: 245(i)

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    I'm still waiting to learn where Section 245(i) amnesty for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens is located in the constitution.
    How many times are you going to post the same thing in a Romney thread?
    This thread is about a Romney ad he authorized in spanish we already know he flip flops on amnesty!
    http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/08/no_amnesty_for.php
    It's hard to find an issue Mitt Romney hasn't flip-flopped on, but on immigration reform, the smooth-talking presidential candidate has a particularly notorious record. Despite launching a new ad in Iowa yesterday saying "amnesty will not work" and talking tough on the campaign trail, Romney supported the Bush-McCain immigration proposal in 2005, and even supported a "path to citizenship" as recently as 2006. Now, struggling to earn conservative votes, Romney has reversed himself. [Boston Globe, 3/16/07; Lowell Sun, 3/30/06; AP, 8/15/07; Boston Herald, 8/15/07]
    Romney has no credibility with our Constitution or illegal immigration!
    http://www.factcheck.org/tough_guy_on_immigration.html
    Mitt Romney casts himself as tough on illegal immigration in a new ad in which he says that, as Massachusetts governor, "I authorized the State Police to enforce immigration laws." He doesn't mention that his order never took effect. It came in the closing days of his administration and was rescinded by his successor, as we wrote back in August.

He also promises, "As president, I'll . . . cut funding for sanctuary cities." Maybe so, but as governor he took no action against several such towns in his state.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

We can do a lot worse
    Mod Edit

knows foreign policy? by wanting to extend the war? a war we shoudl of not been in the first place... wants to continue spending billions on 700 bases around teh war...

I just want this question answered.

Romeny has said that illegals will have to apply for citizenship and be given some months will they wait approval, do you honestly think that the majority of those people will not get approval, come on...

btw. I decided nto to vote for romney after the first debate when he said his solution to the health care problem of monopoly granting forced insurance for everyone was a market solution... either he is a liar or stupid... he lost me from the start...

again a wolf in sheep's cloathing, bush has been anything but a republican but he has the tag....

Re: A lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru

We can do a lot worse
    We've being doing a lot worse for the last eight years.
    Romney doesn't think so " Bush has been a good president" not one quote he has said this several times, debates included...

And.........There has been TONS of information posted here as to why Ron Paul CANNOT be trusted.........

---NO fence

---NO plans for going after employers who are hiring illegals

---Wants an open, wide border----as long as their is no welfare

Ron Paul WILL NOT be elected the nominee----the majority of the population thinks the following of him (Dems, Reps, Ind):

---He is crazy

---He is too extreme

---He is a bigot/racist

---His foreign policy and blame America thoughts would put US citizens and our country at risk
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    GOrwell wrote:
    btw. I decided nto to vote for romney after the first debate when he said his solution to the health care problem of monopoly granting forced insurance for everyone was a market solution... either he is a liar or stupid... he lost me from the start...

The Romney Record: A Record Of Conservative Health Care Reform

http://www.mittromney.com