Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    kniggit I've been watching here and i dont see any one bashing any one canidate i do see a few more facts about a canidate

Re: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    ""There should be no immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

Do you know where he is quoted as saying this??
    Tim Russert brought up the quote to Paul in an interview a few weeks ago on Meet the Press.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56581

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT
    Paul runs away from '88 position
    Says he 'doesn't recall' calling for elimination of U.S. Border Patrol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 10, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas
    WASHINGTON – In an exclusive interview with WND, maverick GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said he did not recall taking a position in favor of eliminating the Border Patrol in his 1988 bid for the presidency as a Libertarian Party candidate.
    "No," he said. "I do not call for that, and I do not recall calling for that. I'd have to have somebody show me exactly where that was said. I have no recollection of that, and it's certainly not my position, because I emphasize beefing up the Border Patrol."

In fact, weeks before the debate, Paul's communications director, Jesse Benton, was asked in writing by WND about the candidate's position as reported in a 1988 CNN presidential questionnaire.

Paul reportedly stated in that questionnaire: "The U.S. Border Patrol should be eliminated. Any necessary guarding of our borders should be done by the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force."

(Story continues below)

As a Libertarian, such a position would not have been unusual, since many believe in open borders and most favor the elimination of government agencies they consider to be unconstitutional and unnecessary.

While Benton promised to investigate Paul's position on the Border Patrol in 1988 and ask him specifically about the CNN questionnaire, the political aide never got back to WND.
    When Russert brought up an OBL Paul quote from 1987, Paul did not challenge it. I would say he kinda made excuses, but he did not challenge its accuracy.

"There should be no immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

--Ron Paul
    ""There should be no immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

I recognize that quote by Paul. It wasn't surprising. It fit his - "We ought to all be free to do what we want to do" stance at the time.

Banned

Re: Romney

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Romney is pandering.....I know....let's attack Ron Paul...that'll make it better............................................ .................

What I'm not sure about is who is Romney pandering to... ?
    I think Romney's son had a chance to show off his use of Spanish. Mitt Romney's father was a Mexican immigrant, I thought. But, I could be wrong, there. It doesn't really matter.

I think they're in Florida. It probably just seemed like the thing to do while in "Rome". I don't put this in the same category as the Spanish Debate or whatever it was called.

I'm not really concerned that Ron Paul or his supporters have websites in Spanish. They're all politicians. Politicians pander. Their ultimate goals are as follows:

1) Get delegates
    2) Get the nomination.
    3) Get the White House

If you're not moving in this direction, you're wasting the publics time and on a MAJOR ego trip. Kucinich, anyone?

I'm currently supporting Romney out of necessity. My candidate (Hunter) clearly wasn't viable. He wasn't pulling delegates. So, he couldn't get the nomination. Bye, bye, White House. He recognized it and stepped down, as did Tancredo. I respect the two of them, for that purpose.

I think at least three more will come to that conclusion either by or on February 5th. I've got an idea which three it will be. Now, that I think about it. I think four will bite the dust either by or with the compliments of February 4th.

And watch and see both Hunter and Tancredo will be out working on the criminal immagration problems.
    While the rest of them say.. what should be done
    One more thing Romney has done... worked to fix it.
    Actions friends Actions

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

Tim Russert brought up the quote to Paul in an interview a few weeks ago on Meet the Press.
    Oh, OK, thanks!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Sooner or later Ron Paul people will have to make a choice

I had to make that choice when Tancredo dropped out ,

As of now Paul is running , he hasn't quit and we shouldn't be
    dumping on him

Facts are one thing and should come out but I don't think
    we are going to change any minds here either way

Romeny or Paul are not the enemy right now

McCain is , The Dems are , Rudi is , and so is Huck
    along with the lib symps , the enablers and the people in our
    govt that are enabling the invasion

Lets fight them , not each other

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada

I had to make that choice when Tancredo dropped out ,

As of now Paul is running , he hasn't quit and we shouldn't be
    dumping on him

Facts are one thing and should come out but I don't think
    we are going to change any minds here either way

Romeny or Paul are not the enemy right now

McCain is , The Dems are , Rudi is , and so is Huck
    along with the lib symps , the enablers and the people in our
    govt that are enabling the invasion

Lets fight them , not each other

Ive seen more then one say they wont vote at all if the good Doc. Drops which is the most foolish thing Ive seen in this election yet...
    Shows me Just where there heads are at...

Banned
    I 100% agree
    alipac's goals should be bringing McCain down.
    The rest all seem to have done it on there own.

Banned
    Greg

Than why worry about them , I am on several other forums where
    I've heard the same thing

Right now I don't care what Romney is or is not

My main focus is keeping McCain, Rudi or Huck from getting
    the Nomination

I'll worry about whatever Dem wins their Nom down the road

I don't see Dr Paul dropping out of the race at all, I imagine he will continue on as a third party candidate aka Independent.

Ive seen more then one say they wont vote at all if the good Doc. Drops which is the most foolish thing Ive seen in this election yet...
    Shows me Just where there heads are at...
    Greg you have no right at all to question the intelligence of any one on this board...you ARE NOT the ultimate authority(as much as you'd like to think you are).
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast