Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

At least one lawmaker, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), suggested that giving rebate checks to illegal aliens would help stimulate the economy. (Congress Daily, February 8, 200.
    * How would the government find all the illegal aliens to give them a check? Must know where they are.
    * Without proper identification and a bank account, how would an illegal alien cash a check? Would they be paid in cash?

Senator Menendez's 'suggestion' happens to be illegal, violates his Oath of Office and encourages the US Federal Government to break its own law against aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

Oath of Office
    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/his ... Office.htm

Are there any consequences Senator Menendez could face for this 'suggestion'?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

usanevada: "What exactly is the problem with all these hispanics in our govt sticking up for illegals? The rest seem to be all to ready to make this country mexico."

There's only one answer...la Reconquista!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    it will be a third world cesspool with nothing but poverty and crime everywhere!
    ...and lots of Periplaneta americana Linnaeus!!!

At least one lawmaker, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), suggested that giving rebate checks to illegal aliens would help stimulate the economy. (Congress Daily, February 8, 200.
    ROFLMAO!!!! Yeah right, they'll send the money back "home". That'll stimulate our economy alright!

Menendez' allegiance is to the millions of illegals in NJ.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I've lived in the southwest many years some of it on the border at one time immigrants seems to understand once leaving Mexico it was no longer their country and appreciated America that however is no longer true they cannot or will not believe Mexico did not help them nor wanted them even more wealthy Mexicans cannot separate race and country.

As A side note I believe our government is out of control ran by wealthy business interest that appear to owe no allegiance to any country and sad to say it will get worse. I honestly don't see a good outcome on our future or at least see America as it was originally meant to be.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Thousands of legal non-immigrants will lose out too!!!

I totally agree that rebate checks should not go to illegals. What grieves me about this ruling on the tax rebates is that it will also disqualify hundreds of thousands of people who are here LEGALLY from getting a rebate since they are not allowed to have social security numbers so have ITIN numbers. My son is one of them. I have filed my taxes for eight years with him as my dependent correctly and now because he does not yet qualify for a social security number I will receive $300 less in my rebate check.

Re: Thousands of legal non-immigrants will lose out too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lindiloo
    I totally agree that rebate checks should not go to illegals. What grieves me about this ruling on the tax rebates is that it will also disqualify hundreds of thousands of people who are here LEGALLY from getting a rebate since they are not allowed to have social security numbers so have ITIN numbers. My son is one of them. I have filed my taxes for eight years with him as my dependent correctly and now because he does not yet qualify for a social security number I will receive $300 less in my rebate check.
    This check is supposed is to be for legal immigrants and citizens. If your son is on a student visa he is NOT an IMMIGRANT but a VISITOR. If you or he have intentions of keeping him here longer, you are violating the terms of that student visa. The only way to get a student visa is to say TRUTHFULLY you do not intend to stay or change into an immigrant once you get here. Student visas are only for VISITORS, NOT people who intend to IMMIGRATE. Your son lied to immigration officials about his intentions to get that visa.

If you plan to live here you have to do it correctly and not lie to our immigration officials about your intentions. I've been reading your posts for some time now as well as a few other people on here. What you did was illegal. If you want to come here you have to learn to respect our laws. It is not right of you to abuse our student visa system to keep your son in the country when you have intentions to bring here permanently through chain migration.

Re: Thousands of legal non-immigrants will lose out too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    Quote Originally Posted by lindiloo
    This check is supposed is to be for legal immigrants and citizens. If your son is on a student visa he is NOT an IMMIGRANT but a VISITOR. If you or he have intentions of keeping him here longer, you are violating the terms of that student visa. The only way to get a student visa is to say TRUTHFULLY you do not intend to stay here beyond the term of the visa (legally or not).
    If you plan to live here you have to do it correctly and not lie to our immigration officials about your intentions. I've been reading your posts for some time now as well as a few other people on here. What you did was illegal. If you want to come here you have to learn to respect our laws. It is not right of you to abuse our student visa system to keep your son in the country when you have intentions to bring here permanently through chain migration.
    My son came here as my dependent on an H4 visa (at 14 years of age). The process of applying for green card took way longer than I would have hoped. He aged out of the process, through no fault of my own. In order for him to stay with us we were advised by our Senator and the department of labor to transfer his status to student. He is now a full time student. We hope he can get a job and his own visa and stay in the country he grew up in (essentially).

To suggest I do not respect your laws is insulting to me. I have followed every rule that has been applicable including on my sons student visa application saying I would be supporting him from my income earned through my job which I hold due to my being an H1B visa holder. Cannot imagine if there was any problem with this level of honesty that an immigration officer would not have been knocking at my door since they know exactly where I live and who I work for.

Of course it would be ideal if once I get a green card that I apply for him to get one as my adult son. However, the current wait is more than nine years so not exactly a reasonable solution to this problem, is it???????

I find it regretful that you find it necessary to be so vengeful towards someone who came her legally when I am not the problem that this forum is supposed to be dealing with.

My niece married a boy who came here on a student visa. They had problems adjusting in the country and had to go back and reenter as an immigrant because when you come here on a student visa you have to clearly and TRUTHFULLY tell immigration officials that you do not intend to immigrate here.

It is illegal to use our temporary visa system to circumvent our immigraiton process. Our laws are in place for a reason. Your son should wait in his home country like everyone else for his greencard application to go through and not try to cheat his way in sooner by abusing our student visa system. He is essentially cutting in line.

As we have seen the foreigners have a love of their country just as we do. It doesn't matter if the place is a hell hole or ruled by evil. Its just natural to love and have romantic feelings about where you were born. So, you go to another country that gives you what you need but you still have those feelings. This is why we need new rules for those coming here. I would say you must be born in this country and lived here all your life or NO POLITICAL OFFICE!

The more foriegners that get into political office, the more they want to bring in. Whether it be legal or illegal. But don't dare mention they let more Americans into their country and surely not into the political system. I bet there isn't an American on earth in any other countries political government. Why? Because they want to keep their country and do whats in the best interest of their people, not the outsiders who do not hold the same values. In time of conflict who is going to be more loyal? The true born citizen or the import? Just look at the Chinese traders we saw reported on Lou Dobbs last night. They have to help the mother land at all cost. America is just a paycheck, while they send alot more than money home to their country. If you ask me, the politicians that have allowed all this over the last 50 years have killed America. But its a great idea huh? We are nothing but a xxx size motel for every scum bag in the world. I know, all these politicians will say it is a very small amount of people doing these things. Yeah maybe but would you let five people in your car knowing one of them is a killer, but not which one? Are you going to take your chances? Its a no brainer!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast