Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    My niece married a boy who came here on a student visa. They had problmes adjusting in the country and had to go back and reenter as an immigrnat because when you come here on a student visa you have to clearly and TRUTHFULLY tell immigration officials that you do not intend to immigrate here.

It is illegal to use our temporary visa system to circumvent our immigraiton process. Our laws are in place for a reason. Your son should wait in his home country like everyone else for his greencard application to go through and not try to cheat his way in sooner by abusing our student visa system. He is essentially cutting in line.
    My son did not come here on a student visa. He was already in the US and had been for seven years before becoming F1 student status. Adjustment of visa status from one to another is actually a legal move since there is a defintive process for doing so.

In reality though I am not sure why I am trying to convince you my family are not law breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by lindiloo
    My niece married a boy who came here on a student visa. They had problmes adjusting in the country and had to go back and reenter as an immigrnat because when you come here on a student visa you have to clearly and TRUTHFULLY tell immigration officials that you do not intend to immigrate here.

It is illegal to use our temporary visa system to circumvent our immigraiton process. Our laws are in place for a reason. Your son should wait in his home country like everyone else for his greencard application to go through and not try to cheat his way in sooner by abusing our student visa system. He is essentially cutting in line.
    My son did not come here on a student visa. He was already in the US and had been for seven years before becoming F1 student status. Adjustment of visa status from one to another is actually a legal move since there is a defintive process for doing so.

In reality though I am not sure why I am trying to convince you my family are not law breakers.
    Go over the paperwork for his student visa, it clearly states you cannot use this if you intend to stay permanently in the U.S.

There is a way for you to sponsor your son but you decided that you didn't want him to wait in line with the millions of other immigrants who followed the rules and played the system to your benefit.

Go over the paperwork for his student visa, it clearly states you cannot use this if you intend to stay permanently in the U.S.

There is a way for you to sponsor your son but you decided that you didn't want him to wait in line with the millions of other immigrants who followed the rules and played the system to your benefit.
    I am standing in line Bettsie and have been for more than nine years. I am doing what any mother would do and that is try to keep her most precious possession in the same country as she is. Just put yourself in my shoes for one minute and imagine having to see your child leave what has become his home to go somewhere that he no longer has anything to go back to. I expect your answer would be that the whole family should have to leave too!

If I choose to sponsor him when I am able he will have to wait in line and if he graduates and does not get a job he will have to leave the country. For the moment he is studying for a degree which is not costing any US citizen any money, I pay all the tuition and all his living expenses just as any parent of a student would do in our situation, I just happen to be paying this from this side of the Atlantic.

Since it the USCIS's job to process visa applications I am sure you would like to think they know what they are doing.

I think I know what happened. Before your greencard came in his student visa was approved so immigration officials had no clue he was lying to them because your paperwork for him to immigrate here wasn't in the system yet. I will tell you right now, his work visa WILL BE DENIED if you have have already filed an IMMIGRANT application for him. This time the paperwork will be in the system to catch him lying.

He is an adult and not a child. In fact the U.S. is very generous about this, they allow children up to 21 (not the 18 most people consider to be an adult) to be allowed as immigration dependents. He is over 21 and was over 21 when you became an immigrant.

We have a process for adult children. Use it instead of abusing our VISITOR visa program. It is not ridiculous of us to request your ADULT son to wait a few years in line before immigrating here.

I think I know what happened. Before your greencard came in his student visa was approved so immigration officials had no clue he was lying to them because your paperwork for him to immigrate here wasn't in the system yet. I will tell you right now, his work visa WILL BE DENIED if you have have already filed an IMMIGRANT application for him. This time the paperwork will be in the system to catch him lying.

He is an adult and not a child. In fact the U.S. is very generous about this, they allow children up to 21 (not the 18 most people consider to be an adult) to be allowed as immigration dependents. He is over 21 and was over 21 when you became an immigrant.

We have a process for adult children. Use it instead of abusing our VISITOR visa program. It is not ridiculous of us to request your ADULT son to wait a few years in line before immigrating here.
    You are assuming lots of things here without actually knowing the true details. I am still waiting in line for my green card.

You are assuming lots of things here without actually knowing the true details. I am still waiting in line for my green card.
    That explains why he was able to get a visa. He has no immigration application pending. He is lying and getting away with it. Which is a shame. You are not even an immigrant but a visitor yet you've already learned to manipulate the system. What do you expect us to do? You have no right to sponsor him until you get your greencard. I really hope you get caught and are denied your greencard.

That explains why he was able to get a visa. He has no immigration application pending. He is lying and getting away with it. Which is a shame. You are not even an immigrant but a visitor yet you've already learned to manipulate the system. What do you expect us to do? You have no right to sponsor him until you get your greencard. I really hope you get caught and are denied your greencard.
    Wow, you do not know me, so you cannot know anything about me or my family yet you judge me. You had made assumptions about my situation and still do not know vital details.

In spite of your wishing that my green card is denied I still wish you well in your mission to eradicate the illegal population in the United States. I have watched my country of birth change beyond recognition due to poorly administered immigration policies and would not wish than on the US.

Will the rebate check be considered as 'taxable income' when filing 2008 federal and state income tax forms?

If so, it could place some people in a higher income tax bracket.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In spite of your wishing that my green card is denied I still wish you well in your mission to eradicate the illegal population in the United States. I have watched my country of birth change beyond recognition due to poorly administered immigration policies and would not wish than on the US.
    What country are you from?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

What country are you from?
    I was born in England.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast