Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Thanks, Legal. I would like to try to coordinate this with guys like Ted Poe and Ron Paul as anchors, but we'll have to see who is interested.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
    Why Ted Poe, CROCKET?
    You've mentioned him several times over the past few days.

I like the way he votes. He is anti-amnesty and pro-enforcement. He supports a bill to deny citizenship to children of illegal immigrants born on US soil. He supported the Clear Law Enforcement for Criminal Alien Removal Act, which would have removed barriers to immigration enforcement by local law enforcement agencies. He also supported the Criminal Alien Accountability Act which would have imposed mandatory prison sentences on illegal aliens who ignored deportation orders. He urged a GAO investigation into allegations that the Border Patrol shared information on the whereabouts and activities of volunteer groups such as the Minutemen with Mexican officials.

On other issues, he supported the Constitution Restoration Act of 2005 and various bills aimed at protecting religious freedoms against absurd interpretations of the so-called "separation of church and state," which is included nowhere in the Constitution, nor was ever inferred in any wise beyond the specific prohibition of an official state denomination until the absurd judicial construction by SCOTUS justice and former Klansman Hugo Black after over 150 years of uniform interpretation of Amendment I. He also sought to permanently repeal the so-called "death tax" on estates (which have already been fully taxed against the deceased in the first place) and to institute the Fair Tax as an alternative to the current Byzantine tax system administered by the IRS. He also sought to abolish various residual taxes originally implemented as emergency measures and never repealed, such as Teddy Roosevelt's "temporary" telephone tax to help defray the cost of the Spanish-American War, which now nets some $5 billion/ year.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Poe is a strict Conservative and populist who is dedicated to securing our borders and reducing the size and waste of the federal behemoth.

Several of his votes bother me. The one, of course, that's most disturbing is his vote for CAFTA. That vote and a statement he made concering Illegal Aliens that was extremely broad based and circumvented a guest worker/path to citizenship doesn't sit well.

There are a few other votes that seem odd but I'd need to look them up again for accuracy. Until the other day, I'd not looked at him.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Several of his votes bother me. The one, of course, that's most disturbing is his vote for CAFTA. That vote and a statement he made concering Illegal Aliens that was extremely broad based and circumvented a guest worker/path to citizenship doesn't sit well.

There are a few other votes that seem odd but I'd need to look them up again for accuracy. Until the other day, I'd not looked at him.

These guys have various reasons for making the votes they make. Sometimes they fail to see the ramifications. Overall, I think that Poe is a decent American who would be a valuable asset.

Don't know if he's decent or not, CROCKET. Won't venture an opinion.
    Have only recently begun to search him out.

What I do care about is his or any other's vote for CAFTA. If they've not read it, then they should never have been representing Americans in Congress and are lax in their responsibilities.

If they cared more about "trade" than the future of the USA, that's a non starter. People spoke up concerning this deal.

If they didn't understand it, then they weren't sharp enough to get proper council.

The CAFTA vote helped tremendously to get us into this position.

I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth {any of those yes vote horses} what their brilliant reason was for a YES VOTE.

Personally, I can't support anyone who chose to support CAFTA, especially after witnessing the disaster from NAFTA. They all saw the mess it had created both in the USA & mexico, particularly when those American companies began leaving mex and moving to china.

my 2 cents

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Count me in Crocket!! I am not much of an idea person but I will do anything I can.

I agree. Lets get started early and I hope to know more about our Candidate this time. I still can't get over getting so completely blindsided by Bush. I think this plan might preclude a 3rd party candidate, but still 3rd party candidates only siphon off votes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I agree. Lets get started early and I hope to know more about our Candidate this time. I still can't get over getting so completely blindsided by Bush. I think this plan might preclude a 3rd party candidate, but still 3rd party candidates only siphon off votes.
    Well, the idea here is to slip the third party into the GOP process.

Let's roll

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Hope,

I really appreciate your encouragement and support for ALIPAC over the past months. You have brought new perspectives to our efforts.

William
    Any interest in helping formulate a comprehensive "contract" that we can use as a litmus test for potential candidates?
    Yea, you are right about starting early.

We have several things on backlog that we are trying to get scheduled through the holidays.

We also expect the holidays to be good planning window.

W
    I've been contacting my newly elected representatives and some of our new congressional leaders. Not that I think I'm turning their heads, but I feel better about it. We must not wait for 2008. I say we try to influence the leaders we have. Pick better leaders if possible. It's extremely difficult to find a Rep. or Dem. that have ALL the "right" viewpoints. When 2008 rolls around we may need to support a few candidates that are merely the "best" of two evils. Here's my most recent letter -

Campaign Headquarters
    Sherrod Brown
    2280 Kresge Drive
    Amherst, OH 44001

Dear Senator Elect Sherrod Brown,

I endorse the stated desire of Democrates reaching out to Republicans on Iraq and economic issues. I also agree with Nancy Pelosi that both parties must work together to relieve the middle-class squeeze.

One root cause of middle- class squeeze is illegal immigration. We must implement the following:

· No amnesty for illegal aliens.
    · Remove all benefits such as licenses, in-state tuition, and welfare for illegal aliens.
    · Mexican consulate cards should not be valid in the U.S.A.
    · Employers must be forced to verify all SSNs.
    · Secure our open borders and ports.

Illegal immigrants steal American jobs, lower wages, fail to pay taxes, strain our health and education systems. Corrupt business owners in Ohio and the nation take advantage of illegals and use them rather than employ Americans. I urge you to OPPOSE illegal aliens and the President’s Guest Worker Program because it offers amnesty.

A 2nd root cause of middle-class squeeze is due to our free trade agreements and outsourcing.
    · Stop govt. endorsed outsourcing of American jobs.
    · Renegotiate free trade agreements.

One of the most infamous predictions of NAFTA benefits was made by Gary Hufbauer of the Institute for International Economics, a well-financed "free trade" think tank. In a 1992 study, Hufbauer claimed, "NAFTA will generate a $7 to $9 billion surplus that would ensure the net creation of 170,000 jobs in the U.S. economy the first year." This did not happen, of course, and as the Wall Street Journal reported in its October 26, 1995 edition, "Gary Hufbauer...whose predictions of NAFTA job gains were embraced by the Clinton and Bush White Houses now figures the surging trade deficit with Mexico has cost the U.S. 225,000 jobs", as of 01-01-2003.

Canadian, American and Mexican workers have lost jobs and seen their spending power erode under a free-trade deal that was promoted as “win-win-win'' for workers in all three countries, a new economic report says. ``From the point of view of North American working people, NAFTA has thus far largely failed,'' notes the three-country study examining jobs, wages and labor standards after seven years of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

The report is authored by economic institutes that focus on labor issues: the Centre for Policy Alternatives in Canada, the Economic Policy Institute in the United States and the Mexican Institute of Labour Studies and Investigation. The report describes stagnant and falling wages and, in Canada and the U.S., an increase in the ``threat effect'' in collective bargaining, in which companies threaten to move production to Mexico if workers don't make concessions. That applies especially in mobile industries such as manufacturing, communications and wholesale distribution.

U.S. economist Robert Scott reports NAFTA has eliminated some 766,000 manufacturing jobs, while Canadian economist Bruce Campbell details a net loss of 276,000 jobs under free trade, beginning with the U.S.-Canada deal in 1989.

Mexican economist Carlos Salas describes the other end of the equation, in which workers labor at foreign-owned duty-free plants, or maquiladoras, for a few dollars daily, and live in shantytowns that hug the U.S. border. ``In the last decade, the minimum wage in Mexico lost almost 50 per cent of its purchasing power,'' says the report. ``The decline in real wages and the lack of access to stable, well-paid jobs are critical problems confronting Mexico's workforce.'' (IMO, this causes illegal immigration into the U.S.)

In the Canadian segment of the report, called False Promise, Campbell says workers should be concerned NAFTA is the economic model for hemispheric integration in the proposed Free Trade Agreement of the Americas (FTAA).

Additionally, over the course of the past ten, the United States has run up $5 trillion in trade debt. We've lost over $4 million manufacturing jobs in this country in the past six. We've lost approximately three million middle class jobs to outsourcing. Our own govt. has put our middle class in direct competition with the cheapest labor in the world.

Our govt. endorses an open border, and lacks the will to enforce immigration laws to protect the middle class from even more competition from illegal aliens, that steal jobs and erode the core values of this great country by ignoring it’s laws.

The new Democratic congress & my elected representatives need to act in a manner to protect the middle class, not the corporate class. Protect American citizens not illegal aliens.

Regards,

magyart

attached: NAFTA related job losses since 1993
    NAFTA related job losses in every state
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We might also be contacting state patrols, sherriffs, and judges.

We have to search if they are not affiliated to the Foreign Relation Comt.
    They are all GLOBALIST and financed by them for their own interess

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I'll scour Oregon for names of people who seem to have a trustworthiness. I can truthfully only think of a few right now, and one who ran under the Constitution Party. I'll start pecking around, and start after Thanksgiving collecting numbers and addresses of candidates, phone or send a letter and start asking those hard-hitting questions about their stance on illegal immigration.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast