Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have antedotal evidence that in some ways this boycott has BACKFIRED on some of those illegals.

I drove past two day labor sites this morning here in my area on the way to a landscaping job I am doing...seems that many companies took them at their word about not working today, and didn't bother driving by these two day labor sites...end result...about three times as many illegal aliens milling around hoping to get hired and no takers.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by badthingsman
    It bothers me that I saw hundreds of illegal aliens marching through the streets causing a huge traffic jam, and no law enforcement agency will do anything to stop it. What have we become?
    That's the killer isn't it? How is it that police hold up a citizens vehicle to enable criminal aliens to take over a public street? Why aren't they enforcing law and keeping streets clear?

Then there's all the potatoheads on local news that say horses can't get fed and watered without allowing 350 illegal aliens to work at Churchill Downs. ICE should buy a TV.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    ICE should buy a TV.
    Or at least a frickin' newspaper!! It would tell them right where to concentrate their law enforcement activities today. . . If they were interested in actually enforcing the laws that is!!!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Yep it affected me my landscaping company didnt show up to cut the lawns in our subdivision. I am head of the association. They cut all the lawns for 50 houses. I called and asked why they said most of their people took the day off. My new landscape company loved the chance to cut our sub and have a contract for the year. Let the others starve. I am off to the store to shop.

Oldgit

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    He is also going to have that fool Javier Guiterrez on his show who will surely inflate the numbers of protesters that participated around the country.
    He didn't make it...........he was stuck in traffic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hey, thanks for the help guys

I also have been searching all day for info on the effect and I can't find any. I think this is basicly a repeat of the protests that took place in early April.

I was live in the news studio for WHO TV tonight and I had to sort of discuss this with some woman from a quaker organization. I couldn't hear her comments since we were in different rooms, but people told me I made her argument look bad.

She said that they dont want amnesty, etc. I fired back and said that it is about amnesty. Amnesty is a pardon for an offense, the offense is being here illegally, and the pardon is legal status of any sort.

One of the girls who was running the main camera told me I did an excellent job and she completely supports what we're doing. Overall, I think it went well.

How about a month without illegals??? The traffic today in my area was light and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    How about a month without illegals??? The traffic today in my area was light and I love it!
    I vote for the rest of our lives without illegals!!!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I vote for the rest of our lives without illegals!!!!
    I second that motion

Hello Everybody, My first time to do this type of thing (discussion board)
    I agree it was GREAT going around town today....All ENGLISH everywhere I went today......NO yakity yak, as I call it!!!!
    Let's have more Days Without Immigrants!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HadIt
    The only effect I've seen so far. Is that business is running smooth, the day is great and everywhere I go I only hear English!! Wouldn't it be great if everyday was a "day without (illegal) immigrants".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast