Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It was a great day!!!

It was a great day today.... except for the general media raving how the boycott effected the home building industry but hey fired them and hire American citizens like they should have. Chapel Hill and Carrboro (the most liberal "still living in the 60's hippie generation" towns had to close down some businesses but it was to support.... typical, just can't stand that area....
    Anyway, many latino origin individuals where walking around but not working. Over all, it seemed like a quiet day and it was very relaxing...no businesses in the Triad closed.

Since I was not informed of any counter protest!? I did my part this afternoon and placed ALIPAC fliers on cars around my hometown. I had a few people stop me and gave their verbal support.... They were glad to see that "someone" took some action to let our politicians know that the general public is against illegal immigrants. But boy do I need help!!
    Thanks Nancy

After work, i stopped and bought some work cloths at Bobs on Long Island , people were shopping, i saw little or no difference than any other day, but the North Shore of Long Island dosn't have a large illegal immigrant problem, atleast not yet, but you do see them cutting lawns in Stonybrook where i live, but i saw none today.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

One last thing...

I was listening to a local talk show personality Bill LaMay and a woman called into the show and asked..."With all the illegal immigrants in the streets protesting, why did the authorities not arrest these people?...are they not crimminals for breaking federal immigration laws?" I may not have quoted her word for word but in a very practical way, why didn't the Immigration authorities arrest any illegal immigrants? They are in this country breaking the law?? I am truly bewildered!!!
    Nancy

Thanks, JuniusJnr, good to hear. These jerks really haven't the pull that they say they have. They're nothing but hot air. Always trying to assert themselves and entitle themselves to what is not theirs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If there has been any effect of this so-called boycott, I would say it's been a good one. The freeways were wide open and commute times were greatly reduced. Students have commented that they were able to learn in class, and teachers have likewise said that they were able to teach without being encumbered by a myriad of illegal non-English speaking kids whom the schools are forced to take because of our "Constitution". The mayor of Los Angeles made a fool of himself as usual speaking to the protesters. I could go on, but I personally can't wait for the next boycott!
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

If this was the great boycott by illegal immigrants in this country and we survived without a major catastrophe it just proves that our country can survive longterm without them with a little planning. The only thing I noticed in my community was Swift, our illegal hiring meat packing plant, shut down. They can hire legals and pay a decent wage or go out of business for all I care.

The next time somebody says the US can't survive without illegal immigrants refer them to May 1st 2006, the day we proved that we can survive without illegals!

Quote Originally Posted by duece212

it just proves that our country can survive longterm without them with a little planning.
    Not only can we survive without them, we'd be better off without them! We don't need them. From 1925 to 1965 there was net migration OUT of the U.S. and our produce got picked, our lawns were mowed and our kids were taken care of by legal American citizens.

Read this:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b30c0535a05.htm
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

The neighbors here decided to be out and about playing their music REAL loud, so.....I put up my flag and played patriotic music even louder!!!
    You crack me up!!!! That's great.

Can't say anything was too different here. Whatever population they had in the stores was obviously filled by plenty of us. Saw a few HELP WANTED signs in some Mexican chain restaurant windows. Privately owned ones were closed. I walked around Wal-Mart and it was ok till they did their anouncements in Spanish and I wished I was more gutsy to complain. Traffic was still bad and I didn't go to alot of places I planned to. It was refreshing to stand in line and hear English. Saw a few kids out that should have been in school but otherwise.....I sure don't think there was the impact they expected.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345