Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well that makes 2 open borders advocates that should not be in office. Especially Mike Suckabee! I heard him on Fox news endorsing CIR with my own ears. And if Clark says Paul is an open borders, CIR endorser I'd start diggin'. Because Superman don't lie!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Well that makes 2 open borders advocates that should not be in office. Especially Mike Suckabee! I heard him on Fox news endorsing CIR with my own ears. And if Clark says Paul is an open borders, CIR endorser I'd start diggin'. Because Superman don't lie!
    Stevetheroofer, you mean you just accept what he says and don't do your own research? Did you check the link I posted? You should, and then do a search on exactly what Ron Paul himself has had to say about the subject in the past 3-4 years. As USPatriot said, Ron Paul signed the ALIPAC No Amnesty pledge, and unlike Huckabee, who we have seen is unreliable, Ron Paul KEEPS HIS WORD!

If there's anything your time here at ALIPAC should have taught you, it's that you can't just accept what people say without doing your own fact checking! Then form your own opinion

Justthefacts may look like Superman, but he is simply stating his opinion, which he is entitled to. I just wish he would back up what he says with facts. I believe that if all the people who liked Ron Paul had stood up and VOTED for him, even if they thought he couldn't win, he probably WOULD have won. But people let the media dictate who they vote for, and unless that changes, we will definitely be stuck with another moron for a candidate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I just feel we were so splintered in the last election that we allowed
    a moron to skate right in.
    Politics requires pragmatism. As Voltaire said, the better is the enemy of the good.

Candidates are human beings. Human beings never agree with other human beings on everything. If you have a candidate who has a great chance of winning, but you only agree with them 75% of the time, they're better than the candidate you agree with 95% of the time that has no chance of getting elected. IIRC Ronald Reagan said something to this effect too.

Last election we saw what happens when conservatives forget this. Conservatives were splintered and the Dems were not, so Dems were able to unite behind Barry Soetero and get that abomination elected. As a result, we now have a president with whom conservatives agree .01% of the time.

Personally, I'd rather have a president with whom I agreed 75% of the time than one I agree wth .01% of the time, like the one we have now.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Re: Something To Think About in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Considering our current economic woes, were '08 Republican voters wrong about Ron Paul? If he runs again in 2012, will he still be mocked and ignored?

You decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wr_Xbot ... r_embedded[/code]
    Last time he pretty much cost us big time

Without him we may have had a better choice than McCain

While many of us agree with Ron Paul , in the real world he just seems
    to radical to most mid stream people

If we are to have a chance in 2012 we all need to agree on a good candidate and go with it , or else the libs will beat us again
    How is he a radical? Unless of course you consider Jefferson and the other founders as radicals, I guess he's in good company then!

Please explain how Ron Paul gave us John McCain as a choice? As far as I know there were several other candidates to choose from like Romney, Huckabee, Guliani, etc., etc..
    I don't want to rehash that election

Yes , Paul is radical in the minds of many Americans
    Even though he is right about many things , he just will never get any traction , he is to far over the line , Besides he is a libertarian and they believe in open borders , Thats why I could never support him.
    What a cop-out! You make the statement that basically Ron Paul is responsible for the nomination of McCain, and then you refuse to back it up when questioned on it???

At this point, Ron Paul looks like a genius as far as the economy is concerned. Surely you can't honestly say that Obama has been a better president than Paul would have been?! Too many people voted for McCain because they didn't think Ron Paul could win, or they voted for the "lesser of the evils." Of course, Paul couldn't win if people who liked him and his ideas voted for someone else!

Besides, Ron Paul is NOT a libertarian, he is a REPUBLICAN. He has some libertarian ideas, but then so did Ronald Reagan. Did you know that Reagan said, "If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism."

Ron Paul does NOT believe in open borders. See this link--
    http://vanishingamerican.blogspot.co...-advocate.html

I'm with roundabout, we elected a radical--a liberal radical. McCain is a "moderate" and is not committed to anything except the ones who give him big money. Wouldn't it have been so much better to have elected a conservative radical?
    Imblest, Ron Paul wasn't nominated because he doesn't have the persona that would garner enough interest and votes. His methods and comments were too much "in your face" and that turns people off. As for myself, I like a straight shooting official who doesn't pull punches but most voters are like mice that scamper for the dark when something spooks them. Ron Paul spooked a lot of them.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Thank You chloe24. The video brought such smiles. I have been thinking much about the past and the debates, and the treatment of the media towards one or the other, the other radical won out in large measure due to the medias sales pitch. RP was left out, shunned and ridiculed, and now is sought after by the medias.

The part of the video of the Reagan Library Debates,..........look at the condescension on the faces of McCain and Romney. What idiots! This video and the looks should not be missed, they tell much about the person wearing them. History bears the truth.

Like old books, old videos and predictions that come true, tell much about a persons abilities and demeanor. Romney looks like a fool by acting so condescending.

Americans(?) have elected a radical. The other radical could get no support by the powers that be,.....yet a radical was elected. I know my flavor of radical.
    ME TOO!!!!!

As for myself, I like a straight shooting official who doesn't pull punches but most voters are like mice that scamper for the dark when something spooks them. Ron Paul spooked a lot of them.
    Oh my lions and tigers and bears....so they elected Mr "O" makes sense to me....

Of course I will admit they give us no choices ...ever wonder why that happens???

Kathyet

I think the corruption of the elite controlled msm also played a large part in Paul not being elected. Paul was purposely ridiculed and left out of debates. He was doing very well in the polls until a campaign was launched to discredit him and ignore him.

He never stood a chance in the end because of this - he would not submit to being a puppet of the powers that be. To them he was incorruptible and honest and a real threat to their agenda.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

I was never even interested in politics or paid any attention to it until Ron Paul. He resonated with me because he was HONEST. He had the guts stand up in front of the establishment and speak the truth.

I'll tell you something.. I don't feel so alone here anymore. Back in '07 and '08 when I was here discussing issues and the candidates running for President, I got more negative responses to my opinions and suggestions about considering Ron Paul. He was called a lunatic, a kook. Geeze.. at one point even Glen Beck called Ron Paul and his followers as dangerous and potential domestic terrorists!

Do some people here still really believe the Tea Party movement and the sudden surge of interest and rediscovery of the Constitution and our American history had anything to do with Glen Beck or Sarah Palin??? All the Gadsden flag waving and dressing up in patriotic costumes ? It all began with Ron Paul. '08 was just laying the groundwork for the freedom movement we've got going today.

I smile silently to myself when I hear people say Ron Paul lost in 2008 because quite honestly, I think he had something much bigger in mind!

So if he decides to run again in 2012, it's going to be a whole different ballgame. Oh sure Fox News will start playing their games again, which they have already begun by not including him in any of their 2012 polls. See how it works? After the '08 presidential election was over, Ron Paul was all over the place, even on Fox News who had been basically blacklisting him. That's because he was no longer a threat. But now, he may go back to being a threat to the establishment Republicans again. Hopefully, a lot more people have woken up. As Victor Hugo famously wrote, "No army is so powerful as an idea whose time has come. ...

The most important lesson from the Ron Paul debacle that should not be overlooked or forgotten, is to me, that the media is quite capable and masterful at selling the "pig in a poke." Turning the "sow's ear into a silk purse" and "putting lipstick on a pig."

Question; how did they do?

Had Ron Paul been given some ample time in, and on the media airways and print, then perhaps any rough edges could have been explored and the light of day cleansed the apprehensions that were for the most part fabricated bit by bit along the way, combined with fluff and stuff for further distractions, as to divert attentions as much as possible from the issues of the day, that we presently live with, and were fully understood at the time, and were not total mysteries to all. A thorough exploration into the positions of Ron Paul were purposefully ignored at precisely the right time, and much effort was placed on looking for those fainting in a crowd for a full circus like atmosphere. Plenty of lipstick for all of the party invitees made for a great show.

Need further proof?......Where are all of those fainters now?

At least we are left with inflated HOPE and a little CHANGE in our pockets, what a show!

McCain=The Same as Obama

I voted for Ron Paul when I was a registered Democrat because McCain and Obama simply took all the same policies including on immigration amnesty and bail outs. There was no difference between Mccain and Obama except when it came to withdrawl dates of the war. McCain screwed us over and over and over again and as we can see, he has yet to introduce laws on closing the border but only takes a position for a few months and then takes another one, when he thinks no one is looking.
    McCain, Bush and Obama were both funded by international bankers which is why Bush did the bail outs (1), McCain canceled his election tour to back the bail outs (2) and then Obama went and sat at the table while we threw hundreds of billions at wall street.
    Like in Latin America, the bankers run four different people, making one think that they have a choice but they all take the same agendas.

Sadly after the 2008 elections and the way Ron Paul was railroaded I believe "We The People" no longer choose our President,Deep Pockets and the Shadow Government does.

I pray enough citizens will understand this in 2012 and will do their own investigation of candidates so we donot end up with a "Pig In A Poke" again.

A personal observation is ; Sarah Palin is being Demonized by all those who are scared to death someone they cannot control might again have a chance to be President very reminiscent of what they did to Ron Paul.

From now on if the Media,the far left and even some Repubs demonizes a Candidate then I will know they are probably the one to research & vote for.

Right now Romney is the Media Darling for Repub Candidate. Why ? Because the Puppet Masters can make him dance.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast