Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Justthefacts wrote,
    I never said I did not like Ron Paul ,
    Just some observations and nothing more,

Like or dislike should be put aside and credit due none the less.

Ron Paul brought forth a revolution. Hard to deny. People are beginning to think outside the box.

So Ron Paul's gift in my estimation is not his personality, but the idea of thinking aside from the preconceptions that are spoon fed to the masses.

Personalities are, or can be, manufactured or doctored in the Land of Oz.

Will they bring together, under the Constitution, or divide for their debt to others?
    roundabout, you are absolutely right.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Banned
    Not Rubio

I don't trust him

Personally I think we need a third party....either case we need someone new and fresh who will work to make sure the Constitution is followed and the oath of office is upheld...were all on the same home page here...just coming in from different streets......

Kathyet

Dear heavens, Ron Paul thinks it is okay for sodomites to 'come out' in our military! That, according to some of our military leaders would be a terrible thing to do to our military. In my opinion, Ron Paul is dangerous.

Paul claims to be a Christian, but yet he does not believe what God has to say about sodomy. I don't get it.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Thank You TexasBorn. I hope the line that you agree with, or like the most is the last one, for if RP were to quit politics tomorrow it is this thought that he has brought forward, one that I hope I do not lose sight of,

Will they bring together, under the Constitution, or divide for their debt to others?
    I hope we can keep the Constitution out in the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Dear heavens, Ron Paul thinks it is okay for sodomites to 'come out' in our military! That, according to some of our military leaders would be a terrible thing to do to our military. In my opinion, Ron Paul is dangerous.

Paul claims to be a Christian, but yet he does not believe what God has to say about sodomy. I don't get it.
    If you're a Christian, why don't you believe in what God has to say about judging others? “Judge not, that you be not judged?"

I'm not saying this to be disrespectful because we're all sinners, but to make a point. There are many Christians like Ron Paul and myself, who don't agree with homosexuality, yet I would never deny a person's right to serve in the military based on my own personal beliefs.

This is not a religious matter, it's a matter of individual liberty. Gays have served in the military for years now and believe me, it's no secret to straight soldiers. It's not a matter of supporting sin, but supporting the rights of all. Especially if a soldier is willing to lay down their life for their country, it shouldn't matter. This issue should be between an individual and their God.

What's dangerous is how our soldiers are being used and abused to fight unconstitutional wars; how our military is being depleted and young men and women are being sent on several tours of duty and either coming back dead, maimed or suicidal. Very sad...

This is what Ron Paul had to say:

Ron Paul: Constituents changed my mind on 'don't ask, don't tell'

"I have received several calls and visits from constituents who, in spite of the heavy investment in their training, have been forced out of the military simply because they were discovered to be homosexual," Paul said Friday. "To me, this seems like an awful waste. Personal behavior that is disruptive should be subject to military discipline regardless of whether the individual is heterosexual or homosexual. But to discharge an otherwise well-trained, professional, and highly skilled member of the military for these reasons is unfortunate and makes no financial sense."

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over Ron Paul. He isn't going to be nominated. We need to focus on getting someone nominated who BEST represents what Tea Party Americans want, who understands the inherent danger of illegal immigration and has a chance of winning. Everything else is just meaningless chatter. Conspiracy theories aside, IMO, Sarah Palin won't run for office. She has more clout doing exactly what she is doing now, raising awareness, asserting conservative values and pissing off the liberal left. Hopefully soon we will all see a leader emerge that we can feel good about. Rubio? DeMint? Sessions?
    If Ron Paul ran, why wouldn't he be nominated? Isn't less government in our lives and a return to our constitutional principle what the Tea Party wants? Or is the main goal just to get another RINO in office as long as it's not a Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over Ron Paul. He isn't going to be nominated. We need to focus on getting someone nominated who BEST represents what Tea Party Americans want, who understands the inherent danger of illegal immigration and has a chance of winning. Everything else is just meaningless chatter. Conspiracy theories aside, IMO, Sarah Palin won't run for office. She has more clout doing exactly what she is doing now, raising awareness, asserting conservative values and pissing off the liberal left. Hopefully soon we will all see a leader emerge that we can feel good about. Rubio? DeMint? Sessions?
    If Ron Paul ran, why wouldn't he be nominated? Isn't less government in our lives and a return to our constitutional principle what the Tea Party wants? Or is the main goal just to get another RINO in office as long as it's not a Democrat?
    Chloe, it appears, based upon everything I've seen that Ron Paul would be unelectable. I do remember watching one of his speeches and honestly he seemed to be too far "out there". Extreme positions spook people and he spooked me at the time. However, I do like some of his positions, especially his stance on a constitutional government.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays

If you're a Christian, why don't you believe in what God has to say about judging others? “Judge not, that you be not judged?"

I'm not saying this to be disrespectful because we're all sinners, but to make a point. There are many Christians like Ron Paul and myself, who don't agree with homosexuality, yet I would never deny a person's right to serve in the military based on my own personal beliefs.

This is not a religious matter, it's a matter of individual liberty. Gays have served in the military for years now and believe me, it's no secret to straight soldiers. It's not a matter of supporting sin, but supporting the rights of all. Especially if a soldier is willing to lay down their life for their country, it shouldn't matter. This issue should be between an individual and their God.

What's dangerous is how our soldiers are being used and abused to fight unconstitutional wars; how our military is being depleted and young men and women are being sent on several tours of duty and either coming back dead, maimed or suicidal. Very sad...

This is what Ron Paul had to say:

Ron Paul: Constituents changed my mind on 'don't ask, don't tell'

"I have received several calls and visits from constituents who, in spite of the heavy investment in their training, have been forced out of the military simply because they were discovered to be homosexual," Paul said Friday. "To me, this seems like an awful waste. Personal behavior that is disruptive should be subject to military discipline regardless of whether the individual is heterosexual or homosexual. But to discharge an otherwise well-trained, professional, and highly skilled member of the military for these reasons is unfortunate and makes no financial sense."
    Don't Ask, Don't Tell works for me. The point is, our military forces are a very disciplined and focused organization that doesn't leave any room for individual behavior that may become disruptive. Make no doubt, our military is in the business of killing the enemy which puts soldiers under extreme duress. An openly homosexual encounter in the barracks, or in a foxhole can lead to serious unintended consequences. IMO, our military has performed extraordinarily well for us. It shouldn't be used for social engineering.

William Barret Travis

TexasBorn wrote,
    Don't Ask, Don't Tell works for me. The point is, our military forces are a very disciplined and focused organization that doesn't leave any room for individual behavior that may become disruptive. Make no doubt, our military is in the business of killing the enemy which puts soldiers under extreme duress. An openly homosexual encounter in the barracks, or in a foxhole can lead to serious unintended consequences. IMO, our military has performed extraordinarily well for us. It shouldn't be used for social engineering.
    Agreed and well stated. Don't ask, don't tell. What is so hard about that?

Caligula comes to mind. Is that the aim for a military force? The forces which desire to divide, understand divisionary tactics.

Should the military be forced to accept cross dressers? Civilians are aloud. Why not the military? Should pot be legal in a state and a member of the military serve in that state, should they be allowed to smoke weed? This could go on and on.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast