Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK,

We have a congressional race here this year. My district, 5 CA has Doris O Matsui for re-election. The problem is, no one of any substance or with any differing views on immigration is running against her. When her husband died, the democratic lobby here all but just granter her his seat. The republicans fielded a colorless, tasteless and odorless candidate who followed the same mantra we despise. secure the border by passing guestworker. Once again, we had the "all evil" short list of choices. this year, it is even worse. And to make it all signed sealed and delivered, we now have the electronic voting booth where any alien can cast a vote and review is at the discretion of Diebold.
    The way I see it, to get past any of those obstacles, we need to get out there and make public all the bad news. supporting a candidate here is just not going to help without first getting some thrust behind a movement. So what do we do to inspire that here?
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

We have a congressional race here this year. My district, 5 CA has Doris O Matsui for re-election. The problem is, no one of any substance or with any differing views on immigration is running against her.
    Gondola, we have a similar set up here. I considered running for the job myself but there are two reasons it wouldn't make sense. One, I won't be living here when the term ends and TWO, this area is filled with people who actually want open borders and guest worker/amnesty so anyone who wants something different hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning an election. Even the governor candidates here in TX refuse to answer direct inquiries as to their views on what should be done about the border. I've written to them personally to no avail.

It's discouraging, but I think the thing to do is to support the candidates from other states we know will fight for the cause-- such as Tom Tancredo.

Your state probably has a page where it lists all the candidates planning to run by now. I'd suggest you find it and then write to every single person who doesn't have enough information on their web page to tell you what they stand for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah,
    been there; done that.
    as far as contacting the running candidates, I am way past that one. I think we are on the verge of restraining orders at this point. All of them...ALL are in favor of legalization and/or worse. One openly advocates for involvement for all resident non citizens. The republican....well...very bad. The democrat has always been bad. Unless a hero write in or something like that emerges soon, this district will continue as an enemy stronghold. Maybe even a launching pad since it is the state capital.
    You may be right. I should just declare myself a resident of another district and get an address there so I can support the salvageable seats.
    Years ago, i submitted an idea to address the issue of non citizen voters and the casual intrest in their and other vote fraud. If we could interest transient voters such as snowbirds and other RV full timers to pick a couple of areas to influence and register there to see if they can affect the outcome by doing so, more interest might be taken in protecting the vote. If Aliens and their supporters felt that we were a threat, they may actually scream and that might get the loopholes closed.
    Anyway....
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Gondola, you can support candidates by getting their names out even if they aren't even in your state. To me, the key is to get more who will try to stop it than the number who will vote for amnesty. That was my point.

I don't live in Colorado or anywhere near colorado but I will do all I can to get Tom Tancredo re-elected. See what I mean?

I know I can't do anything to change my own district. I know that the TX legislature played some games to get redistricting on behalf of the republicans but even they couldn't do anything about this city because they are going to want the libs because the libs pass out the perks to them and theirs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yes, I see. But a vote is a terrible thing to waste. You see, here in this district, I cannot do anything but support a bad candidate. So if I can only do that, so can thousands of other voters here. That is a rather intolerable situation, and one in dire need of change. I live here, but have to support a candidate or candidates in other races to make myself heard. And if? I do, my vote is useless there, and and worse if I use it here?
    See? They have a significant crimp on political influence.

Anyway guys and gals, we are on a first name basis here I think....
    Gondola is what they use when the sheriff calls role for work project.

Anyway guys and gals, we are on a first name basis here I think....
    Gondola is what they use when the sheriff calls role for work project.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, to be quite honest. Are ou saying you want to be called Ayatollah? I guess I came to really freak out over that term when 78 US citizens here held hostage in Iran by the Ayatollah Khomeini and another useless President named Carter didn't do a damn thing about it. I'd feel like I was insulting you by calling you a name I literally spit out when I say it aloud. But, if that is what you prefer, I'll try, OK?

Now, about those votes. I couldn't agree with you more.

Is there someone you can write in a vote for? Is there someone you can push to get their name on your ballot so you don't feel that you wasted your vote?

I am going to vote for the "new" guy in my dilemma simply because the old guy thinks we can't push him around. Both are about equal in the things I do and don't like about them. For example, both want to retain veterans benefits, both want the borders closed, and both want amnesty or some sort of non-punishment for the criminals who snuck across the border. Because the guy already in there has had a chance to make a difference and he didn't, I think it is only fair for the "other guy" to have a chance. I'd prefer to have someone real to vote for but at least the "new guy" is not a first generation Mexican-American who is more proud of that Mexican flag than the American flag.

You have to weigh things like that in your mind. A vote to get some jerk out of office who's already proven he can't do a good job isn't a wasted vote, is it?

I have the same problem here. There is no one to vote for. In 2004 President Bush did a TV commercial here for Mel Martinez. Like a fool I believed him. Senator Mel Martinez of Florida...don't even bother looking up his immigration record. It's a joke !

Then there's Bill Nelson, and since he has so many Hispanic votes to go after he's also useless.

Then there's Clay Shaw, a good friend of President Bush, need I say more ?

We need candidates here.

I don't know. Your situation sounds like it has slightly more slim chance that you can maybe make a tiny possible difference than mine does.
    How about if I run just so I can demand a recount to check the roster for fraudulent voters. I'll need about 2k and some fools who really want to throw their vote away to get me on the ballot

Ayatollah Khomeini did not sieze the embassy and hold hostages. He was their religious leader, not the head of thier vigilantee committee. The hostage takers would not have necessarily listened to him if he ordered the hostages released. And Carter did some fool things...the rescue was less than ingenious. We should have started landing war material on that continent each day after the embassy was attacked, and continued until we had a million troops on several sides, and let Saddam Hussien continue his effort on the fronts he already was hammering them on. A weak ass rescue attempt was not very stately considering an embassy is as good as American soil.

I'll need about 2k and some fools who really want to throw their vote away to get me on the ballot
    Hmmmm, Ayatollah, maybe you ought to run! Two grand is easy to raise when people are pissed off with the choices. You have from not until May 9 to get your signatures. I don't know how many you need. Go for it. Then at least you could have a candidate you have confidence in to vote for.

And from your strategy of what should have happened in Iran, I'd say you have the smarts to pull it off.

I have the same problem here. There is no one to vote for.
    Legal, start grilling the candidates and see where they stand. Maybe one will surprise you. And for sure they will know someone's paying attention. Whatever you do, don't vote for the one who's in there unless the other two turn out to be communists or something. Although I'm not sure we'd be better off with communists than what we have now sometimes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast