Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

"For us, it's always issue of basic human rights."

You have the "basic human right" to live in your own country and work hard there to improve your condition. You don't have the "basic human right" to break the laws of another country by illegal entry and then expect food, shelter, medical care and whatever else that country provides, just because you are there.

UB
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

This sounds more likely:

RALEIGH, N.C. -- About 60 percent of Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants in parts of North Carolina and Virginia are struggling to put food on the table for their families, according to a new study from researchers at Wake Forest University.

Four surveys covering Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants _ mostly from rural North Carolina _ found that many cash-strapped Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants showed signs of severe hunger. More than 25 percent said their children did not have enough food to eat and sometimes had to go all day without a full meal.

"These people [Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants] are living very close to the bone," said researcher Sara Quandt, the lead author of the study, one of the first to analyze hunger in Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants.

Food shortages among Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants were far higher than the national average of about 13 percent, the study found. Results from the four surveys _ taken in different regions _ found that between 49 and 71 percent of Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants described levels of food insecurity, meaning that they were constantly struggling to provide for their families.

As many as 19 percent _ five times more than normal _ reported a worse problem: poverty-inflicted hunger.

Quandt noted from interviews that many Americans who lost their jobs to illegal immigrants were ashamed to seek services, and some _ possibly those who had entered the U.S. illegally _ were unable to get government food aid altogether.

"The safety net for people that are hungry in this country are food stamps," Quandt said. "So when you aren't earning a living wage and can't access services [because they cut off White Americans from welfare applications], it certainly becomes an issue for people."

THESE STATISTICS ARE PURE FICTION! ACTIVISTS LIKE 'SARA QUANDT' FIND THEM IN POORLY WRITTEN TEXTBOOKS WRITTEN BY LIBERAL ACTIVISTS FOR LIBERAL UNIVERSITY GRADUATE STUDENTS! SORRY TO SHOUT BUT I AM GETTING TOO ANGRY WITH THE LIBERAL ESTABLISHMENT AND THEIR "PITTY THE POOR IMMIGRANT" SLOP.

Imagine if you tried to start a non-profit meant to help Americans who lost their jobs because of illegal immigration. They would probably call you a white supremacist!

dk3

SO????????

I am so sick and tired of hearing how the poor criminal aliens have to struggle. I live on less than $650.00 a month, and sometimes it is very hard to make it through the month. They ain't the only ones that's got it hard. If it wasn't for THEM, a lot of US wouldn't have to struggle like we do.

dk3 wrote:
    I am so sick and tired of hearing how the poor criminal aliens have to struggle. I live on less than $650.00 a month, and sometimes it is very hard to make it through the month. They ain't the only ones that's got it hard. If it wasn't for THEM, a lot of US wouldn't have to struggle like we do.
    Do we realize that if dk3 was "down to the bones" himself, that he wouldn't be getting the attention that these people are getting who are here ILLEGALLY?

Hang in there, dk3, you're one heck of a surviver! I respect that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These "researchers" should go to the grocery stores and watch the illegals pay for buggies rounded tall with food stamps we're paying for. In the express line no less cause they don't want to wait in line and can't "read 20 items or less."

Of course, they do produce $100 bills to pay for cigs and beer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Then they should notice the citizens who are on a tight budget who know how to make a dollar stretch by paying with coupons, buying sale items, buying in quantity, buying generic and saving money any way they can.

I've had people most likely illegals in front of me with a cart full of food that they pay for with WIC and/or a food stamp card and then have another cart full of CDs, jewelry, clothes, toys or other extras that they pay cash for.

I've also seen illegals at places of business and garage sales pulling out $50 and $100 bills to pay for their purchases. At the post office I've seen them pay for money orders with huge amounts of cash. I could never figure our why they flash so much money around. You'd think they would want us to keep thinking they are poor.

Re: Study: Hispanic Immigrants Struggling To Feed Families

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    http://www.wral.com/news/9902977/detail.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- About 60 percent of Hispanic immigrants in parts of North Carolina and Virginia are struggling to put food on the table for their families, according to a new study from researchers at Wake Forest University.

Four surveys covering 317 Latino families _ mostly from rural North Carolina _ found that many cash-strapped immigrants showed signs of severe hunger. More than 25 percent said their children did not have enough food to eat and sometimes had to go all day without a full meal.

"These people are living very close to the bone," said researcher Sara Quandt, the lead author of the study, one of the first to analyze hunger in the U.S. immigrant population.

I don't know why, because they get food stamps, free lunched and breakfast, wic, government comodities, earned tax refunds, subsidized housing, and free medical, etc. It is the middle class americans that is starving.

Food shortages among Hispanic immigrants were far higher than the national average of about 13 percent, the study found. Results from the four surveys _ taken in different regions _ found that between 49 and 71 percent of respondents described levels of food insecurity, meaning that they were constantly struggling to provide for their families.

As many as 19 percent _ five times more than normal _ reported a worse problem: poverty-inflicted hunger.

Quandt noted from interviews that many immigrants were ashamed to seek services, and some _ possibly those who had entered the U.S. illegally _ were unable to get government food aid altogether.

"The safety net for people that are hungry in this country are food stamps," Quandt said. "So when you aren't earning a living wage and can't access services, it certainly becomes an issue for people."

The study, which Quandt indicated could be representative of Hispanic immigrant populations around the nation, did not question participants about their legal status. However, a number of respondents reported sending money back to family members in Mexico.

"This study is showing that these people who immigrated here in hopes of improving their financial situation are struggling in their new environment," said Edward Frongillo Jr., an expert in public nutrition at the University of South Carolina who did not participate in the study. He noted that food instability for children has been tied to poor performance in school, behavior problems and a higher risk of suicide.

North Carolina has been a magnet for Hispanic immigrants over the past decade. North Carolina has been a magnet for Hispanic immigrants over the past decade, with a Latino population burgeoning to more than 553,000, according to state data.

But Raleigh-based advocacy group El Pueblo said the plight of the Latino population is largely ignored.

"We have struggles advocating on behalf of Latinos for basic rights like education and public health care," said Zulayka Santiago, executive director of El Pueblo. "Because Latinos are often categorized along with the undocumented population, efforts to meet the needs of this population unfortunately turns into a polarized debate _ the questions of rights and legality.

"For us, it's always issue of basic human rights."

The Wake Forest study, financed by the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is reported in the October issue of the Journal of Nutrition.

On the Net:

Journal of Nutrition: http://jn.nutrition.org/

Wake Forest University: http://www.wfu.edu

What a load of crap.
    I don't see any that are starving and they certainly have enough money for SUV's, big Pick-Up Trucks and beer.

illegal are not struggleing to feed family

The qualify for food stamps, government comodities, free school breakfast and lunches, WIC, free medical and dental and glassed,(medicaid) subsidized housing, earned tax refund, and the list goes on and on because their anchor babies qualify as citizens.
    The middle class americans are the one that are starving.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Let me share with you my experience around here. For the first 12 years of our marriage, our family went without a car.

Recently where we live now, we are about 5 blocks from the grocery store. Now when 6 people (our adult daughter and her 18 month old son our with us while she works on a college degree) need groceries, we are not talking about four bags, it has to be enough not only to last, as you cannot go to a store to save money when you nickel and dime your meager grocery budget. So we would have to walk home with a lot of groceries in canvas bags hoisted over our shoulders, mainly my husband and I carrying the bulk amount, the kids would also help.

Many times on our way out of the store, we would see our illegal neighbors loading their fairly new cars up with bags of groceries as well as all the other incidentals.

On more than one occasion we would wind up behind some of our "hungry and struggling" illegal neighbors who would have things for the kids such as Dannon Yogurt, Gogurt, Fruit Roll-ups, granola bars, candy, chips, soda, packages of individual fruit drinks, cases of water, large quantaties of meats, some unidentifiable produce, need I go on. Now the meat I can see ,the produce as well, but all the others if you are truly struggling would be out of the question.

I can say for sure that when we are supposedly hungry in our house, the basics come first , not kiddie snacks, not bottled water (in this part of Oregon we have some of the best tap water you can find besides artesian wells).

Then they would pass us up in their nice vehicles, in the pouring rain. How is it that people think their lives are so hard?

Not one time that we have lived among these people have we seen them walk to a store nearby or carry groceries back. And we have only known of two times that a family was really hungry, but they got help because the very next day I witnessed them unloading boxes of food.

(P.S. We have a car now and are luxuriating in the idea of being able to drive to a store and not have to carry groceries home!)
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe now illegal aliens are begining to realize how hard american labor has worked to maintain a standard of living for working people and how their short term benifit by accepting substandard wages hurts all concerned.

Imigrants will recieve good wages when they are worked into the american economy where they are needed and planed for.

I wonder if their employers are getting enough to eat. They should be dining in prison.

www.bighornmusic.com/bushton/
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast