Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo endorsement of Romney

When Rep. Tom Tancredo withdrew from the GOP presidential race on December 20, 2007, he endorsed Gov. Mitt Romney for president. Tancredo's endorsement of a governor that was strong on the issue of illegal immigration made sense.

While Mike Huckabee and John McCain were fighting to reward illegal aliens with in-state tuition, Gov. Mitt Romney was placing his veto on legislation in Massachusetts that would have provided in-state tuition to illegal aliens at public colleges and universities in Massachusetts. Gov. Romney's strong opposition then and now to in-state tuition for illegal aliens is one very good reason for Tom Tancredo to support Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney opposed the issuance of driver licenses to illegal aliens while governor of Massachusetts and continues to oppose the issuance of driver licences to illegal aliens. Another good reason for Tancredo to endorse Mittt Romney.

While governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney strongly supported English immersion as does Tom Tancredo.

Gov. Romney worked to obtain Section 287(g) training for Masachusetts state troopers. This training would have allowed Massachusetts state troopers to enforce federal immigration laws. Gov. Romney signed an agreeement with the feds for such training. However, the new governor of Massachusetts, Gov. Patrick, refused to allowe the troopers to be trained. If the feds had acted quickly on Gov. Romney's request to sign an agreement for the training, it is likely that dozens of troopers could have been trained during Gov. Romney's time as governor of Massachusetts. Instead, the feds dragged their feet for months and months before signing the agreement.

Gov. Romney opposes amnesty.

The first principle in Gov. Romney's immigration plan is to secure the borders.

While Huckabee, McCain and Rudy would give legal status and a path to citizenship to millions of illegal aliens as president, Gov. Romney would secure the borders and not reward illegal aliens with amnesty.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Gov. Romney has been endorsed by many leaders in the fight against illegal immigration.

Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, a recipeient of a grade of "A" from Americans for Better Immigration (ABI,) has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Rep. Phil Gingrey of Georgia has endorsed Gov. Romney. Rep. Gingrey has achieved a grade of "A" from ABI.

Rep. Robert Adeholt of Alabama, awarded a grade of "A" from ABI, has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Rep. Howard McKeon of California, a recipient of a grade of "A" from ABI, has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Rep. Jack Kingston of Georgia has endorsed Gov. Romney. Rep. Kingston has achieved a grade of "A" from ABI.

Senator Jim Demint of South Carolina, awarded a grade of "A" from ABI, has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Gov. Romney's television advertisement on immigration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30siVmjvBgY .

Do you trust him?

Since Hunter doesn't have a chance....I trust Tom's opinion....
    We have to unite under one who has a chance....If we all go our fragmented ways...we will lose.....If Ron Paul supporters would have been behind Romney...we would have won N.H...

United we stand...Divided we fall
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Do you trust him?
    I do trust him because he could easily as governor have taken the side of a majority of legislators in Massachusetts who supported in-state tuition for illegal aliens. Instead, he had the courage to veto legislation that would have given in-state tuition to illegal aliens attending Massachusetts public colleges and universities.

There were many in liberal Massachusetts that supported driver licenses for illegal aliens. Mitt Romney never waivered from his opposition to driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Governing a very liberal state with many supporters of illegal aliens both inside and outside the legislature was not easy for someone opposed to illegal immigration as Gov. Romney was and is. However, he always made the right decision while governor on issues that related to illegal immigration.

Romney television advertisement on immigration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30siVmjvBgY .

MW
    grandmasmad wrote:

Since Hunter doesn't have a chance....
    Say who, the media?

Less than one percent of the nation has spoken. Don't lose the faith. I'll grant you his chances are slim, but don't give up hope.

If Ron Paul supporters would have been behind Romney...we would have won N.H...
    Romney may have won but I'm not so sure "we" would have.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for the list of congressmen who support Romney. I continue to feel better about him.

Tonight on Hannity, Romney said he was in it for the long run. Thank Goodness.

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Delta7757
    Thanks for the list of congressmen who support Romney. I continue to feel better about him.

Tonight on Hannity, Romney said he was in it for the long run. Thank Goodness.
    I'm glad you liked the list of congressmen supporting Romney.

I like Mitt Romney's immigration ad.

Duncan should file charges against FOX. FOX takes on responsibility as being part of the election and debate process when they 'invite' candidates to debate issues. FOX should be held responsible for their actions. I believe Duncan would have a case. FOX does not practice fair and equal treatment..especially after the question that Chris Wallace posed to Ron Paul tonight.."Are you a viable candidate? Can you win the nomination?" RP probably wanted to suture Chris' mouth shut.

FOX NEWS SUCKS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Do you trust him?
    I do trust him because he could easily as governor have taken the side of a majority of legislators in Massachusetts who supported in-state tuition for illegal aliens. Instead, he had the courage to veto legislation that would have given in-state tuition to illegal aliens attending Massachusetts public colleges and universities.

There were many in liberal Massachusetts that supported driver licenses for illegal aliens. Mitt Romney never waivered from his opposition to driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Governing a very liberal state with many supporters of illegal aliens both inside and outside the legislature was not easy for someone opposed to illegal immigration as Gov. Romney was and is. However, he always made the right decision while governor on issues that related to illegal immigration.

Romney television advertisement on immigration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30siVmjvBgY .
    I don't like his stand on H1b's. He is in favor of more and I'm not
    Actually
    Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, a recipeient of a grade of "A" from Americans for Better Immigration (ABI,) has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Lamar Smith helped me get a case to the DOJ on H1b's and I also when to the 5th circuit court with the case

We have to unite with someone who is going to be "electable". That does not mean I dislike Ron Paul or Thompson(who maybe could have a chance) but Paul does not. Lets get real about this. I am placing my trust with Tancredo. We need to unite under one candidate and push for him. Hilary or Obama will seal the amnesty deal and we're done.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast