Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is Settled Law, Abortion Isn’t

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nothing about late-term abortions are "straw dog" in the argument. Regardless of what doctors recommend, they are still happening regularly. Some women have them simply because of relationship breakups.
    You mean a woman had a late term abortion because her husband left her or her boyfriend didn't want to get married? What is your problem with that? Most women want to have families when they're married. While some women don't mind raising a family on their own, most don't because they can't afford it or don't want the child of a man who left her. Whether you agree with her decision, it is her decision. Based on the abortion statistics, there are very very few late term abortions in the United States and most are clearly done for medical reasons, but in the rare instance where there might be one that fits your scenario, what about it? What right do you or the government on your behalf have to force her into childbirth against her will? Just because someone does something you don't agree with, doesn't always make it wrong.

The best person to decide what is right or wrong with regards to an abortion is the girl or woman involved. She is the only one who has all the facts, risk and responsibility. That's why it is and should be her decision under the law.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump on Abortion - OnTheIssues.org

www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Donald_Trump_Abortion.htm

TRUMP: I'm pro-life. I'm totally against abortion.
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 11-14-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    What is "late term" to you? How many months? I am talking about "partial birth abortions", the holy, bloody shirt of the anti-abortionists.
    Anything after 20 weeks.

Most late-term abortions are not done for medical reasons

By James D. Agresti
    August 9, 2012

In a house editorial about an Arizona law that restricts abortions after 18 weeks, the editors of the New York Times assert that “the overwhelming number of abortions occur well before 20 weeks; later abortions mostly often involve severely troubled pregnancies that pose risks to a woman’s health or life.”

This allegation that abortions after 20 weeks are mostly performed for medical reasons has long been discredited by the public disclosures of abortion providers. The salient facts are documented in Just Facts’ research on partial-birth abortion and are summarized below.
    Before being banned in 2003, the partial-birth procedure was a preferred method for performing abortions after 20 weeks (see picture on right at this stage of pregnancy). This procedure gained prominence in the early 1990s through Dr. Martin Haskell, who is credited with inventing it. In a 1993 interview with American Medical News, Haskell said:

I’ll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range…. In my particular case, probably 20% are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective….

After this statement was published in a U.S. Congressional report, proponents of legalized abortion adamantly contested it:

• The American Civil Liberties Union, National Organization for Women, People For the American Way, and 50 other organizations sent a joint letter to Congress stating that partial-birth abortions were “most often performed” in cases “of severe fetal anomalies or a medical condition that threatens the pregnant woman’s life or health.”

• Planned Parenthood issued a press release asserting that partial-birth abortions are performed “only in cases when the woman’s life is in danger or in cases of extreme fetal abnormality.”

• The executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers appeared on ABC’s Nightline and stated that partial-birth abortions were done only in extreme situations of danger to a woman’s life and fetal anomalies.

Within the next year and half, the claims above were bluntly discredited by abortion providers:

• Ronald Fitzsimmons, the executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers, told the New York Times and American Medical News that he “lied through [his] teeth” when he appeared on Nightline because he was afraid that the truth would erode public support for abortion. Disowning his previous statements, he stated that partial-birth abortions are “primarily done on healthy women and healthy fetuses….”

• Two doctors at a New Jersey abortion clinic spoke with a North Jersey newspaper under condition of anonymity. Both independently stated that their clinic was performing roughly 1,500 partial-birth abortions per year, most of which are elective and not for medical reasons.

• Renee Chelian, president of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers confessed:

The spin out of Washington was that it was only done for medical necessity, even though we knew it wasn’t so. I kept waiting for [the National Abortion Federation] to clarify it and they never did. I got caught up: What do we do about this secret? Who do we tell and what happens when we tell? But frankly, no one was asking me, so I didn’t have to worry.

The Guttmacher Institute is a research organization that operates under “guiding principles” that include support for legalized abortion. In 2004, the institute conducted a survey of women who had abortions. The survey did not isolate abortions that were performed after 20 weeks, but it is otherwise instructive: When women having abortions were asked what their primary reason was, 4% said it was because of their personal health, 3% said it was because of possible problems affecting the health of their unborn child, and less than 1% said it was because of rape or incest.

Without credible evidence that would overturn these candid admissions of abortion providers, there is no factual basis to claim that most abortions performed after 20 weeks are for medical reasons.

Although partial-birth abortions are now prohibited except if “necessary to save the life of a mother,” late-term abortions are still performed for elective reasons by another method called “dismemberment dilation and extraction.” During this procedure, as explained in theWashington Post, “the fetal limbs are pulled off the body in utero, sometimes while the fetus is still alive.” A 2007 Supreme Court ruling details this procedure in greater depth (WARNING:graphic content)
    http://www.justfactsdaily.com/most-l...dical-reasons/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Donald Trump on Abortion - OnTheIssues.org

www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Donald_Trump_Abortion.htm

TRUMP: I'm pro-life. I'm totally against abortion.
    JD2, what are you doing?? Why would you misquote Donald Trump on the issue of abortion?

This is what he actually said in your link:

TRUMP: As far as Planned Parenthood is concerned, I'm pro-life. I'm totally against abortion, having to do with Planned Parenthood.
    There is not a period after the word abortion. There is a comma, which states thereafter "having to do with Planned Parenthood." He is totally against funding for Planned Parenthood if they are performing abortions.

Why would you alter the quote to convey a false meaning on ALIPAC??!!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days - The ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../donald-trumps-ever-shifting-positions-on-abortion/
    Aug 19, 2015 - Donald Trump's 'evolving' stance on abortion. Embed ...
    Here's a look back at how he "evolved" into his pro-life views. Here's a look back at ...

His views change so often you can interpret them to mean anything on different days.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump on Abortion
    • Click here for 14 full quotes on Abortion OR other candidates on Abortion OR background on Abortion.

• Not acceptable to rip baby from womb in 9th month. (Oct 2016)
    • Overturn Roe v, Wade and return abortion laws to the states. (Oct 2016)
    • Millions are helped by Planned Parenthood, but defund it. (Feb 2016)
    • Planned Parenthood does great work on women's health. (Feb 2016)
    • Defund Planned Parenthood. (Oct 2015)
    • Planned Parenthood is important, but abortions must stop. (Aug 2015)
    • I have evolved on abortion issue, like Reagan evolved. (Aug 2015)
    • Ban late abortions; exceptions for rape, incest or health. (Jun 2015)
    • Undecided on embryonic stem cell research. (Apr 2011)
    • I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice. (Apr 2011)
    • I changed my views to pro-life based on personal stories. (Apr 2011)
    • I am pro-life; fight ObamaCare abortion funding. (Feb 2011)
    • Pro-choice, but ban partial birth abortion. (Jul 2000)
    • Favors abortion rights but respects opposition. (Dec 1999)

NO AMNESTY

The issue wasn't how his positions have changed or evolved. The issue was that you deliberately altered a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The issue wasn't how his positions have changed or evolved. The issue was that you deliberately altered a quote.
    I didn't change anything.
    I posted the info just as it was emailed to me from a friend.
    Trump is Pro-Life.
    That is a fact.
    Why does it bother you?
    NO AMNESTY

You can not force everyone here to believe the same things you do about abortion.
    This is not a liberal site.
    NO AMNESTY

Trump Talks U.S.-Mexico Wall, Appointing Pro-Life Supreme Court Justice
    RollingStone.com‎ - 6 hours ago

One of the first items, Trump said, is appointing a Supreme Court justice who is pro-life and ...
    NO AMNESTY

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast