Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anyone want to take up a collection so we can put a new plaque in the Statue of Liberty? I wonder how much one would cost.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is more about the statue and poem from our State Department:

[b]The Statue of Liberty Poem

“The New Colossusâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The poem was added in 1903 (17 years after it was dedicated) and IS NOT INSCRIBED ON THE OUTSIDE AS MANY THINK. It is printed on a plaque inside.

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd
    It is printed on a plaque inside.
    Yes I have been there and seen it. It sort of hangs over the gift shop inside the base. It is simply a marker of historical intrest, just like the one down the highway from where I live about the first European explorers in our area. It is not current US policy!

Perhaps we should adopt the following immigration policies:

1. If you legally migrate to this country, you must speak the native official language.

2. In order to become a citizen you have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers allowed.

3. There shall be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections; all government business will be conducted in our language.

4. Foreigners will not have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.

5. Foreigners will never be able to hold political office. Immigrants shall not have the right to become federal lawmakers. Congressmen or senators must be citizens by birth. Immigrants shall not become cabinet officers or Supreme Court justices as they should be required to be citizens by birth.

6. Foreigners must not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs shall be afforded to foreigners.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, however it will be restricted. They will not be allowed to own waterfront property as that will be reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies will be tolerated; if you do you will be deported.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail and then deported.

11. Citizens shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable.

12. Indispensable citizenship for employment positions shall include bans on foreigners, immigrants, and even naturalized citizens serving as military officers, national flagged ship and airline crews, and chiefs of seaports and airports.

13. Immigrants may not become members of the clergy.

14. Citizens have the right to arrest illegal immigrants and turn them over to authorities for immediate prosecution.

15. The Federal Executive shall have the exclusive power to compel any foreigner whose remaining he may deem inexpedient to abandon the national territory immediately and without the necessity of previous legal action.

For those who think the above proposals are too harsh, racist, or xenophobic, well, they’re the policies and laws of Mexico!

The truth is we need immigrants, LEGAL immigrants. Furthermore, as our country has changed it's more than fair to base admission on education and job skills. It's time we remind our politicians that the first priority of the Federal government is to protect our borders. The second priority is to protect the rights and benefits of US citizens. Any less should be an impeachable offense!

A politically incorrect conservative curmudgeon

Sounds like a good idea to me

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    That "poem" was added years after we received the Statue of Liberty. I think it should be removed, because it sounds like an invitation for everyone to come here because we will take care of them.
    This sounds like a good idea to me.

Line in Shakespeare’s Hamlet:

You can light a candle or curse the darkness.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC "janadu" Thanks for getting involved, every post encourges other to get involved, since there is power in Numbers, our power keeps growing
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Re: U.S. HAS BECOME A COUNTRY OF PERSECUTION AND HATE

Quote Originally Posted by dianasanchez
    I
    Friends, in the tablet of the statue of liberty it is written “Give me your tired your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
    That was then but this is now. We are no longer into nation building but in nation survival.

It's a poem, for heaven's sake; it reflects a sentiment; nothing more, and certainly NOT the national policy of the United States. Nowhere are those words enshrined in any United States legal statute, nor in our Constitution, nor any of the amendments thereto. In fact, nowhere in law, American or international, is there to be found a "right" for anyone who wishes to immigrate here, or anywhere else of their own choosing, without the permission of the host nation. By Jove, when the facts are not on their side, they'll fabricate whatever they wish from the whole cloth. Like a nest of venomous spiders, it's quite a tangled web they weave, as they constantly try to evade and deceive!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    That "poem" was added years after we received the Statue of Liberty. I think it should be removed, because it sounds like an invitation for everyone to come here because we will take care of them.
    And the writer, Emma Lazarus, became active in the Zionist Movement to establish a Jewish State in Palestine in the 1880's when she wrote this poem.

Go Figure.

What is the Irony of that today?

I agree with butterbean. That poem needs to be removed and replaced with "No Vacancy".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast